PDA

View Full Version : Mini Armrest

Scottie
18th October 2004, 10:22 PM
I'm looking for the 2005 Mini Armrest part No 52 12 0154 307.

Has anyone got one.

Edit: Thought this might be better in this section;)

Mini Me
19th October 2004, 01:23 AM
Looking into you for....£104.68 +vat, but no delivery date available,i will phone MINI UK tomorrow.

Mini Me
20th October 2004, 09:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by iain

Looking into you for....£104.68 +vat, but no delivery date available,i will phone MINI UK tomorrow.

:pi have ordered one from Germany,it will be here next week,so once i have it fitted to my demo ,i eill give you feedback.....but they are available;)

Scottie
20th October 2004, 10:21 PM

:pi have ordered one from Germany,it will be here next week,so once i have it fitted to my demo ,i eill give you feedback.....but they are available;)

Iain can you order me one up please I've seen it fitted that's why I want one.

Let me know.

Mini Me
20th October 2004, 10:35 PM
Tis done, i will let you know when it arrives(should be next week).....are you fitting it yourself ?

Scottie
20th October 2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks
e'mm no never thought of that will get Allan to fit.

What about my colour coded arches. Got a price yet.

MartinSullivan
20th October 2004, 11:21 PM
Heres a link to fitting instructions - in German unfortunately, I had an english set but cant find them at the mo.

Looks fairly straightforward though

2005 Armrest Install (German Version) (http://www.newmini-technik.de/files/einbau.pdf)

Found the english ones now

2005 Armrest Install (English Version) (http://motoringfile.com/files/mini_armrest.pdf)

Mini Me
21st October 2004, 12:33 AM
Colour coded arches will cost £1K.......from BMW Bodyshop.
It's better value for money putting the bodykit on at the same time £2k for the lot(bearing in mind the kit is £1.5k)....

Scottie
21st October 2004, 12:46 AM

It's better value for money putting the bodykit on at the same time £2k for the lot(bearing in mind the kit is £1.5k)....

Wait a minute your telling me to paint the wheel arches on my car is going to cost £1000.00.

Surely not.

seany
21st October 2004, 02:06 AM
body shop in inverness will do it for half that, and it is just the wheel arches

Mini Me
21st October 2004, 04:35 AM
bmw are more expensive,not because we are ripping you off ,but because we use water basad paint which is 3 times the cost of ordinary paint.So we are more expensive at the moment,but in 2007 everyone will have to use it........sorry me dear !

GAJ
21st October 2004, 05:11 AM

bmw are more expensive,not because we are ripping you off ,but because we use water basad paint which is 3 times the cost of ordinary paint.So we are more expensive at the moment,but in 2007 everyone will have to use it........sorry me dear !

Cost of paint - £30 quid. BMW labour - £970!!!;) I think I would shop around. Sh@z got his done for a fraction of that earlier in the year.

X30YES
21st October 2004, 10:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Wait a minute your telling me to paint the wheel arches on my car is going to cost £1000.00.

Surely not.
M4XNS..Maxine had her all the Black done Fiona somewhere in Abz I think for less than that and it looks a great job ,you might try her and see if you can get more details,picture mailed to you;)

MartinSullivan
21st October 2004, 04:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
M4XNS..Maxine had her all the Black done Fiona somewhere in Abz I think for less than that and it looks a great job ,you might try her and see if you can get more details,picture mailed to you;)

She used

Kinghorn Bodyshop
Blackburn Business Park,
Blackburn,
Aberdeen
AB21 OPS
Tel: (01224) 790009
Fax: (01224) 791011
e-mail: info@kinghornbodyshop.co.uk

Which by some bizarre coincidence is the family of one of our newest members Kinghorn :p:D

And they really did do a nice job of both Maxine and Jordans car (and if that isnt enough plugging to get a discount when I want something doing I dont know what is!!!!! :D )

choc
21st October 2004, 05:16 PM
choc here i have a mate who owns a bodyshop in aberdeen it is called northeast autobody he is a brilliant paintsprayer and is reasonable for his prices . it is in the town off union grove in ashley lane

MartinSullivan
21st October 2004, 05:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by choc

choc here i have a mate who owns a bodyshop in aberdeen it is called northeast autobody he is a brilliant paintsprayer and is reasonable for his prices . it is in the town off union grove in ashley lane

Thats just round the corner from my flat - might nip round and have a word with him - CHEERS :D

choc
21st October 2004, 05:50 PM
go round and see him his name is warren and just say that you got his details from choc. he is a quality painter who deals in mainly sporty stuff

Scottie
21st October 2004, 06:13 PM
Getting a quote from Dicksons of Dunblane. I've seen their stuff looks good.

Scottie
21st October 2004, 06:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by seany

body shop in inverness will do it for half that, and it is just the wheel arches

Seany can you give me the name of the body shop so I can get a quote.

Want somebody near home either at Inverness or Stirling area.

Scottie
21st October 2004, 06:24 PM

Getting a quote from Dicksons of Dunblane. I've seen their stuff looks good.

Heres their quote £418.30.

The Dogfather
21st October 2004, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't mind getting my arches done, I want them painted black cause I'm sick of having to apply back to black everytime I wash it......

Duncan Stewart
21st October 2004, 11:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I wouldn't mind getting my arches done, I want them painted black cause I'm sick of having to apply back to black everytime I wash it......

I know exactly what you mean!:evil:

Scottie
22nd October 2004, 02:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I know exactly what you mean!:evil:

Sounds like a group buy/discoount thing:D

seany
22nd October 2004, 03:47 AM

quote:Originally posted by seany

Seany can you give me the name of the body shop so I can get a quote.

Want somebody near home either at Inverness or Stirling area.

Mike Norgate
Carsegate rd south
inverness
01463 710779

he will take them off to do the job.

i have the car in there just now getting the bonnet re spray, stone chips all over, £150

KINGHORN
24th October 2004, 04:47 AM
CHOC i no dunbar its his uncle that is warren just to point out it aint usualy sporty stuff its anything he does, havent seen any of his work up close but think his prices are good

as martin said it is my dad that owns kinghorn bodyshop and as u said the quality of work is top end, thats why we have porsche, merc and saab contracts to name a few, we also use waterbased pait and i allso am gettin ma arches and stuff done soon, waitin to decide on aero kit or not, but hey come in for a quote, and get back to me, then i will sort out some better prices, ie hommers and stuff from ma bro,

kinghorn

MartinSullivan
24th October 2004, 06:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN
come in for a quote, and get back to me, then i will sort out some better prices, ie hommers and stuff from ma bro,

kinghorn

Kinghorn - cheers, its good to find someone who can organise homers for paintwork :):p:D Think I saw your car on union st last weekend.

I basically just want arches and sills colour coded - and after seeing Maxines I know your place will do a good job.

KINGHORN
24th October 2004, 08:25 PM
quite possibly martin im always out and about when im at home 150 quid on fuel in 2 weeks and thats driving as sensibly as i can,lol,

what colour is ur car and i will see what i can do mite take a while to get back as i am offshore at the mo tho

MartinSullivan
24th October 2004, 11:28 PM
Mine is the Electric Blue and white Cooper S with UJ mirrors and four spot lamps on the front and huge exhausts out the back - you cant miss it :)

choc
25th October 2004, 03:12 AM
i know your dad kinghorn from years back when i used to be mates with warren when he worked at kintore . your dad has a quality set up nowadays .cheers fae choc

Scottie
25th October 2004, 03:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

quite possibly martin im always out and about when im at home 150 quid on fuel in 2 weeks and thats driving as sensibly as i can,lol,

what colour is ur car and i will see what i can do mite take a while to get back as i am offshore at the mo tho

Is'nt Electric Blue one of the hardest colours to match exact.:question:

X30YES
25th October 2004, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Mine is the Electric Blue and white Cooper S with UJ mirrors and four spot lamps on the front and huge exhausts out the back - you cant miss it :)
Hear it before you see it you should say Mart...:D

KINGHORN
25th October 2004, 06:07 AM
think i mite of seen u down the beach once, but other than that nope,
choc: yeah the new place is good, spesh cuz i get to use it at weekends when im home to do my own stuff hehe
scottie: every colour can be matched and every bodyshop will do there best to match it if it aint rite dont take it away from the place if u dont notice it for a few days go back strait away, most places will rectify the work after a few weeks as long as it defo is there fault if they dont they risk bad press, which they no aint good

MartinSullivan
25th October 2004, 04:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Hear it before you see it you should say Mart...:D

:):D:p

Mini Me
31st October 2004, 04:32 AM
Got mine fitted,thanks to th NMS getting the part number.Funny thing is ,i got an e-mail from MINI GB,telling me that it should be available next April..........