PDA

View Full Version : Snow day

badwolf340
1st March 2018, 09:10 AM
Well that’s the second day off work today due to the weather,can hardly see the cars now and digging out will be a nightmare.
nothing for it but to stay indoors until it stops snowing but the wind has picked up so we will see how much drifting (not of the car variety) we get .
cant see the wall at the side of the drive can’t see the steps up to the garden (for the dogs) .
so who is attempting to go to work by whatever means and who is in the house ?

Craig
1st March 2018, 12:41 PM
I’ve started digging the snow on the street so I can hopefully get to work tomorrow. Just was no way to get up the hill with a foot and a half of snow there and no grit. Not worth putting yourself at risk if you don’t have to. Will prob cost me a days holiday today but so be it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
1st March 2018, 01:04 PM
Wifey away to work again in the 530d - who says RWD doesn't work in this weather?

I went for a jog last night, had to use the road as the snow on the path was nearly at my knees ;)

badwolf340
1st March 2018, 02:00 PM
That’s the spirit,on a good note work has messaged me to stay off until red alert is cleared or able to make it in ,so off till next week

Mon the fish
1st March 2018, 02:44 PM
I think I will be heading out on the fat bike tomorrow though :thumbs up:

Turkeez
1st March 2018, 04:05 PM
I work on the bins for the council so if I don't go in I don't get paid. Been there the last 2 days and will be there the rest of the week as well :argh:

badwolf340
1st March 2018, 05:01 PM
I work on the bins for the council so if I don't go in I don't get paid. Been there the last 2 days and will be there the rest of the week as well :argh:
That’s not good

Crombers
1st March 2018, 06:59 PM
Made it in last two nights, Newton Mearns to East Kilbride (11 miles) without any real issues in the hire Golf. Inclines were a bit challenging mind :thumbs up:

badwolf340
1st March 2018, 07:21 PM
Made it in last two nights, Newton Mearns to East Kilbride (11 miles) without any real issues in the hire Golf. Inclines were a bit challenging mind :thumbs up:
:thumbs up:

JOHN MILNE
2nd March 2018, 07:35 AM
made it to work yesterday struggle but got here then dot sent home 3 hours later
made it in today no problem

MINI William
2nd March 2018, 08:12 AM
Made it into work this morning. Still waiting to hear what’s happening

Mon the fish
2nd March 2018, 03:13 PM

How to best use a snow day :cool:

mikeswagon
2nd March 2018, 04:45 PM
I worked from home yesterday..... and I made it into the office today... hence I'm back on the forums.

Fatty looks just the job for these conditions.

Mon the fish
3rd March 2018, 08:59 AM
Ah lol, well you're mental if you don't! Everyone needs a fat bike