PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a wannabe owner

Digital
6th February 2018, 10:52 PM
Hi all, I've just recently signed up as I'm on the lookout for an R53 Cooper S. I've never actually owned a Mini myself, although my wife had an R56 Cooper S that sadly had to make way for a Countryman when our daughter arrived on the scene! I've always liked the idea of the R53, and having owned a few turbo cars but never any supercharged ones, now seems like a good time to scratch that itch.

The car (assuming I can find one!) will be to replace my MX5 hillclimb and sprint car, which sadly the rust got to in the end. I'll be looking to squeeze as many horses out of it as I can, as sadly the Cooper S fits into a class alongside Imprezas and Evos because of the forced induction.

Anyway, look forward to picking your brains as I try and find the right car for me :thumbs up:

Jamie

M600-RKJ
7th February 2018, 12:20 AM
If you look up oli mortimer he has an r53 and competes in superlap Scotland. I think the 53s are in their own class but they seem to go just as quickly as the evos and subarus

MINI William
7th February 2018, 06:47 AM
Welcome to NMS. I’m sure the right car will pop along and we will always be on hand to answer any questions.

badwolf340
7th February 2018, 07:02 AM
:welcome:

Digital
7th February 2018, 10:18 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome :D

Big Gordy
8th February 2018, 10:08 AM
they seem to go just as quickly as the evos and subarus

In the twisty bits...yes....but they get wasted along Hislops and up the main straight unfortunately :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

If your just looking for a track weapon Digital.......would the one you're selling not fit the bill William....:Whistle::confused:

Mon the fish
8th February 2018, 10:09 AM
In the twisty bits...yes....but they get wasted along Hislops and up the main straight unfortunately :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

If your just looking for a track weapon Digital.......would the one you're selling not fit the bill William....:Whistle::confused:

It sold a few days ago...

Big Gordy
8th February 2018, 10:10 AM
Aaaagh...okay....didn't know that :blush:

Crombers
8th February 2018, 04:25 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

MINI William
8th February 2018, 05:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Cars sold Gordy. Or it would have been ideal

EcosseGP
8th February 2018, 09:51 PM
Welcome along and good luck in your search for an R53. There’s been a couple for sale recently that have been “worth a look” so you should find one that’ll fit the bill without too much trouble. Can’t beat the whine ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Digital
8th February 2018, 10:41 PM
Welcome along and good luck in your search for an R53. There’s been a couple for sale recently that have been “worth a look” so you should find one that’ll fit the bill without too much trouble. Can’t beat the whine ...

Thanks! Always loved the whine of the supercharger on various cars I've been in.

Cars sold Gordy. Or it would have been ideal

Yes, if it was still for sale I would have been very keen, looked like a great car. Hope it went to a good home!

Dobboy
9th February 2018, 09:10 PM
I’ll be selling my 2005 R53 JCW soon. Message me if interested. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital
9th February 2018, 11:09 PM
I’ll be selling my 2005 R53 JCW soon. Message me if interested. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, PM'd :thumbs up:

Snowcol
11th February 2018, 11:29 PM
Hi Jamie. Using my special powers I am deducing that we know each other 😋.
Are you still in Eunos Ecosse despite your 5 being killed off by the dreaded tin work?
I sold my silver MK2.5 sport but still have my mk 1. I wanted something a bit quicker but still cheap to own and after a fair bit of hunting found a 2003 R53 and I am loving it. It had a few mods when I bought it and I did a few more so it's getting more and more track orientated.
While looking around for the right car I ended up finding a lad about Manchester area who buys and sells good minis. In the end I didn't buy from him but I kept in touch and put a young Eunos Ecosse member in touch and he bought a car from him. If you drop me a pm I will give you all the details. If you want to have a drive in mine then you would be very welcome. Maybe meet at Kames some time.
Hope you find a great one to add to your collection!
Catch up soon

Colin

Digital
11th February 2018, 11:56 PM
Hi Jamie. Using my special powers I am deducing that we know each other 😋.
Are you still in Eunos Ecosse despite your 5 being killed off by the dreaded tin work?
I sold my silver MK2.5 sport but still have my mk 1. I wanted something a bit quicker but still cheap to own and after a fair bit of hunting found a 2003 R53 and I am loving it. It had a few mods when I bought it and I did a few more so it's getting more and more track orientated.
While looking around for the right car I ended up finding a lad about Manchester area who buys and sells good minis. In the end I didn't buy from him but I kept in touch and put a young Eunos Ecosse member in touch and he bought a car from him. If you drop me a pm I will give you all the details. If you want to have a drive in mine then you would be very welcome. Maybe meet at Kames some time.
Hope you find a great one to add to your collection!
Catch up soon

Colin

Hello stranger! Hope you're recovering well from the skiiing accident? Had been meaning to get in touch to see how you're enjoying your new car! I've thought for a few years now that R53s would make a good subclass in the sprint/hillclimb series, like A9, as there are a few about at reasonable prices. I'm still a Eunos Ecosse member (for now at least, they might throw me out when I don't have an MX5 any more!), did their Kames trackday last November which was a lot of fun, even if my MX5 had died by then. Spent a while today trying to rip bits off the MX5, the more I can sell, the bigger my Mini budget :D

Sounds like you found a nice one with all the right bits, your MX5 was a bit like that too if I recall! Thanks for the offer of a drive, might take you up on that if I don't find one soon.

Cheers,
Jamie

Snowcol
12th February 2018, 12:25 AM
Jamie,
Sent you a PM. Well I think I managed to work out how to send one so let me know if it doesn't arrive��