PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill Trackday

Mon the fish
11th January 2018, 11:46 AM
Can anyone recommend decent trackdays at Knockhill for me to take my R53 to? The BMW club aren't doing one this year, and I don't want to go out in one that's full of folk that think they're Verstappen

M600-RKJ
11th January 2018, 02:14 PM
My cousin used to do a lot of track days in his nova and lotus they had friends in the subaru owners club. That was always a good day out and the owners wanted to look after their cars. So no one was a maniac

Craig
11th January 2018, 03:06 PM
Dreadnought Garage do track nights at Knockhill. Done a couple with them and always well behaved people. Check their FB page or their own website for details. They normally run 3 or 4 a year [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
11th January 2018, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys. Anyone done the standard or hot hatch days at Knockhill? Not that keen on the idea of a 50 car open pitlane, last time I was there there was only 9 of us!

Turkeez
11th January 2018, 07:07 PM
I know they have a hot hatch track day at Knockhill this weekend

Craig
11th January 2018, 07:20 PM
Nope only ever done the dreadnought nights. Been too scared to go on with a load of people I didn’t know

Mon the fish
11th January 2018, 08:26 PM
Nope only ever done the dreadnought nights. Been too scared to go on with a load of people I didn’t know

That's exactly my concern. Although last time I did a trackday, 3 laps into the wet 'familiarisation session', some muppet in his 458 must have had the TC off and stacked it halfway along Railway Straight, causing approx £30k of damage...

Big Gordy
12th January 2018, 09:30 AM
I'm sure I read on facebook last night that Knockhill have cancelled the first tracknight due to lack of numbers :Whistle:Like Craig says ^^^ Dreadnought track nights are all well behaved affairs :thumbs up:

stoney
12th January 2018, 08:22 PM
As Craig and Gordy have said there the ones I go to

Mon the fish
13th January 2018, 08:44 AM
Cheers guys. Had a look at Dreadnought's FB and didn't see much about trackdays - how much notice do they give?

Craig
13th January 2018, 01:49 PM
Cheers guys. Had a look at Dreadnought's FB and didn't see much about trackdays - how much notice do they give?

Have a look at their website Gordon, looked at it a couple of days and their track nights are listed for the whole year... they normally put the dates up as soon as they have them available and they book up quick ...

Snowcol
19th February 2018, 01:04 PM
I can also recommend the Dreadnought track nights. That was my intro to track driving and they are very well run with a full driver briefing before the fun starts. The staff at knockhill Marshall the event professionally and will black flag anybody not sticking to the rules.
I can also recommend Dreadnought garage in callander as an excellent place to get any work done, particularly if you want suspension set up or wheel alignment done. When I was competing in hillclimb with my mx5 many of our class went there to get their cars set up by Paul. Really nice family owned business and Paul races in the MG series so they know what they are doing! The garage is always full of interesting sports cars.
Despite all that they are very happy to talk you through the effect any changes should have on the car or explain how stuff works, very enlightening for a mechanical dunce like me!
To top it off their costs are very reasonable. Think it cost me £50 the last time I had a 4 wheel alignment done on my mx5.

Another option for track time is at East Ayrshire Car Club's muirkirk circuit. Membership of the club is only £20 per year and they run track nights once a month (£10) and track days once a month (£35).

The circuit is tight but only 1 car on track at a time so you won't get hit by anybody else!

Mon the fish
14th March 2018, 10:55 AM
I've signed up for the track night on July 23rd - anyone else coming along?

Big Gordy
15th March 2018, 01:51 PM
I've signed up for the track night on July 23rd - anyone else coming along?

Craig and I usually turn up to spectate and blether at these :shut up:

Mon the fish
15th March 2018, 02:44 PM
Bring your camera then! ;)

Craig
15th March 2018, 05:11 PM
I’ll be in holiday for that track night so I’ll miss it sorry [emoji5]

Big Gordy
16th March 2018, 12:31 PM
Bring your camera then! ;)

I can do that.....:thumbs up:

Snowcol
29th March 2018, 10:46 PM
I have signed up for their may track night and will probably do June and July as well. Hope to see you there.