PDA

View Full Version : Highland Tour Cancelled

Crombers
4th January 2018, 05:42 PM
As the 2018 'run' season has commenced lets get the HT8 on the agenda :thumbs up:

Having spent the last few months deliberating duration, mileage & cost, I've come up with something that can be comfortably accommodated with a one night stopover. I'd reckon that demographically most of us would prefer a run that starts & finishes at Broxden Services to suit all attendees whether north, south, east, west & central.

Will be looking at hotels in the Grampian area, Aviemore, Grantown etc, that can accommodate us all at a reasonable price. The route that I have in my head is heading north from Broxden via Glenshee & the Lecht towards Grantown. Then up 'whisky trail' country all the way up to Cullen (ice cream anyone :thumbs up:). We'd then double back to the Grampian area for our overnight 'laugh & a half' & then a 'laid back' (aye right :rolleyes:) day 2 return to Perth.

Dates : Sat 15th / Sun 16th September

Who's in :smilewinkgrin:

1 Crombers & Karen
2 Brian & Christina
3 Gordon tbc

DigitalLemming
4th January 2018, 06:04 PM
Didn't make it on last years, but I'd certainly be up for it this year :thumbs up:

Starting and ending at Broxden sounds like a good idea to me.

MINI William
4th January 2018, 06:07 PM
Sounds good Crombers. Really depends on dates for us

CiderFex
4th January 2018, 06:31 PM
I’d be up for it again.
[emoji41]
The ultimate factor would be the dates.

Sent via The X using Voodoo

cuddles
4th January 2018, 10:11 PM
We would be up for it depending on dates xx

Crombers
5th January 2018, 03:12 AM
I'll come up with a selection dates as soon as :thumbs up:

CiderFex
5th January 2018, 06:12 AM
I'll come up with a selection dates as soon as :thumbs up:

I’m guessing that they’ll be between 1st - 30th...

Sent via The X using Voodoo

Mon the fish
5th January 2018, 09:24 AM
There's a bigger choice of hotels and more to do in Aviemore - not a lot in Grantown. That said, first weekend in Sept is Grantown Motor Mania, a big classic car show which is well worth a visit.

In Aviemore you can have lunch on the steam railway, go up the funicular railway up Cairngorm mountain, do the brewery tour (the tasting is excellent fun), there's a new outdoor kart track at the North end of the town....

Aviemore is great. The Macdonald resort is fine and not too expensive. Also the Mountain Cafe for the biggest and best cakes I've ever seen

Sad_Panda
5th January 2018, 09:31 AM
Sounds good to me as well, depending on dates!

Oli

Blueboy
5th January 2018, 09:53 AM
I always stay in The Cairngorm Hotel on the main street in Aviemore when our Harley rally is on, great food and a real highland welcome and also a fine pint to be had there

Mon the fish
5th January 2018, 12:45 PM
^^ would second that, probably the best place for a pint in Aviemore but in demand so you'd need to be quick to book a decent number of rooms

M600-RKJ
5th January 2018, 01:10 PM
Definitely be up for this I thought the dates we did last year were perfect was just before the weather changed and started getting nasty.

Crombers
6th April 2018, 02:00 AM
Apologies for the lack of input into the run at present but due to work issues I am unable to set a date for this at present. I will hopefully update in due course with further details.

Mon the fish
6th April 2018, 06:16 AM
If you need any help with anything give me a shout. For info, the MacDonald hotel in Aviemore have quoted me £72pp for dinner B&B for a run I'm organising

Crombers
6th April 2018, 11:55 AM
If you need any help with anything give me a shout. For info, the MacDonald hotel in Aviemore have quoted me £72pp for dinner B&B for a run I'm organising

Cheers Gordon :thumbs up:

Crombers
10th June 2018, 12:19 AM
Ok troops, I've managed to fit the weekend of 15th/16th September off work. I'm also off the following Sat/Sun but that's the September weekend so that was a no no as far as a MINI run was concerned.
I'll be looking into accommodation asap & will revert back. Can a kind mod please 'sticky' this, cheers :thumbs up:

stoney
10th June 2018, 07:48 AM
Ok troops, I've managed to fit the weekend of 15th/16th September off work. I'm also off the following Sat/Sun but that's the September weekend so that was a no no as far as a MINI run was concerned.
I'll be looking into accommodation asap & will revert back. Can a kind mod please 'sticky' this, cheers :thumbs up:Sounds good.

I have stuck it for you [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

cuddles
12th June 2018, 02:45 PM
Holiday booked off so we are good for this xx

Crombers
12th June 2018, 04:20 PM
Holiday booked off so we are good for this xx

Superb :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good.

I have stuck it for you [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cheers Rob :thumbs up:

Mon the fish
12th June 2018, 04:22 PM
Week before the Loch Ness marathon but I might be able to make this...

Crombers
13th June 2018, 02:21 AM
Week before the Loch Ness marathon but I might be able to make this...

:thumbs up:

CiderFex
13th June 2018, 05:33 AM
Oh well, we’re oot.
That’s the only weekend I can’t book off in September due to others having already booked off the Friday and Monday.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Crombers
13th June 2018, 03:41 PM
Oh well, we’re oot.
That’s the only weekend I can’t book off in September due to others having already booked off the Friday and Monday.

Feck :sad:

CiderFex
13th June 2018, 03:42 PM
Oh well, maybe next time...

Crombers
27th June 2018, 11:22 PM
With little interest in this run I think it's a sensible time to pull the plug. Apologies to those who have shown any / a recent interest but with very limited time off work over the next few months it would be folly trying to plan & spend valueable time & money on a recce.
I will be happy to resurrect this run at any time in the future if there is any demand.

catster01
27th June 2018, 11:27 PM
Sorry I meant to comment that we couldn’t go as Davy is away then. That’s a shame. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
28th June 2018, 12:15 AM
A real shame was a really good laugh last year

CiderFex
28th June 2018, 05:13 AM
I know that we said that we couldn’t attend but I am gutted to read this Allan.
As you have said the extra time and money to recce this are extra expenses for yourself and Karen so I can fully understand why you have made the decision.
When, not if, there are plans to organise the next one I’ll be more than happy to try and help out in any way I can although the recce part may be a tad difficult for me to partake in.
lol

cuddles
28th June 2018, 07:33 AM
Awww gutted xx
Totally understand xx

mikeswagon
28th June 2018, 09:11 AM
Sorry to see this, but just noticed as one of the teuchters I'd not even replied, so hanging my head in shame here.

In my defence I'm in nearing the end of my PCP plan, and didn't want to sign up only to find I don't even have a MINI by then.

But fingers crossed, if all goes according to plan, I'll see you at the next one..... or Knockhill.

Mon the fish
28th June 2018, 09:56 AM
Sad to see but fair decision.

Happy to help with a recce in this neck of the woods any time

Kirsty
1st July 2018, 09:40 AM
Aw I too am sorry that Ive not been on the ball as we'd really wanted to go on this but we're away that weekend, I did mean to put something on the thread ages ago. Between house buying, new job and changing my mini.....to another mini it's just been a bit mad. Sorry but please count John and I in when another date is set! K x

ELFMAN
2nd July 2018, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Crombers. Due to other commitments I couldn’t have made it and meant to post to that effect but as usual I forgot... Hopefully the NMS stars will be in alignment for a future Highland Tour.

EcosseGP
2nd July 2018, 04:35 PM
Sad to hear this but like others have posted it was a time that Cat and I couldn’t make. We really fancied doing this but was difficult to juggle shifts to join you.