PDA

View Full Version : R53 Airbox Options

MINI William
28th December 2017, 01:41 PM
What’s people’s thoughts on air boxes for the R53, between a JCW and an Orranje?

MINI William
28th December 2017, 03:04 PM
Or I’ve seen that Airtec do a nice airbox as well

Mon the fish
28th December 2017, 08:50 PM
Not seen the Airtec option, but the Orranje is pretty much a copy of the JCW which is the one proven to make most power (once de-flapped).

I'd go for the Orranje, if only for the fact it avoids JCW tax

MINI William
28th December 2017, 08:57 PM
Thanks Gordon

EcosseGP
28th December 2017, 09:34 PM
Dave F if you can get one ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
29th December 2017, 03:44 PM
^^^ Forgot about that, but again I think the Orranje is similar. There's only so much you can do with the R53 intake, and getting more air in from the bulkhead area is the key

craigib76
29th December 2017, 11:01 PM
A Dave f box is easy to make yourself and you can increase the size of the hole into the bulkhead easily enough and match the rear of the bottom half of the airbox to it
Reckon it can be done for less the 45/50 pounds

MINI William
9th January 2018, 10:15 AM
New airbox on its way

Turkeez
9th January 2018, 07:32 PM
Not everyones choice of air box but I went for the Ramair and to be honest I am more than happy with it.
The sound from the SC is now insane. Was a cheaper option which was good for my budget.

MINI William
9th January 2018, 08:12 PM
Not everyones choice of air box but I went for the Ramair and to be honest I am more than happy with it.
The sound from the SC is now insane. Was a cheaper option which was good for my budget.

As long as your happy that’s all that matters

Fuzzy
9th January 2018, 08:24 PM
You seen my Orranje one and I am very happy with it. Makes a good amount of noise now and is nice and discreet looking!

Turkeez
10th January 2018, 11:56 AM
As long as your happy that’s all that matters

Bit condescending or did I interpret your response wrong? Tried to offer a bit of insight into a CAI that might not have been previously considered. Instead I got a response like your granny would give when you get a new hair cut, as long as you are happy, that's all that matters.

MINI William
10th January 2018, 12:54 PM
Bit condescending or did I interpret your response wrong? Tried to offer a bit of insight into a CAI that might not have been previously considered. Instead I got a response like your granny would give when you get a new hair cut, as long as you are happy, that's all that matters.

I’ll just stop you there. I think you’ve picked me up wrong. I was mearly meaning to your point of “it’s not everyone’s choice of airbox”. As long as your happy with it fitted to your car that’s all that matters. I don’t do things to my cars to please others but to please myself.

Turkeez
10th January 2018, 12:57 PM
I’ll just stop you there. I think you’ve picked me up wrong. I was mearly meaning to your point of “it’s not everyone’s choice of airbox”. As long as your happy with it fitted to your car that’s all that matters. I don’t do things to my cars to please others but to please myself.

:blush: that's what I was hoping the response would be :smilewinkgrin: