PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from an ocean away

Humourless
15th October 2004, 08:35 PM
Canada, to be precise.

Just thought I'd register because my girlfriend is a Scot (North Lanarkshire, to be precise) and likes my choice in cars. You folks are spoiled for choice in the UK. I see more MINIs there on a trip from Glasgow to Whitburn at 6:00 AM than I do in a week here in Canada. Lucky sods!

That, and - despite being a mod on MINI2 and ClubSi - I like to mix it up in other forums too.

Cheers.

-CW

Julz
15th October 2004, 08:42 PM
Hi, glad you could join us! Where abouts in Canada are you from??:cool:

Humourless
15th October 2004, 08:48 PM
Toronto, the smugness capital of Canada! ;)

I've only been to Scotland twice (and once was under somewhat sad circumstances), but I do enjoy driving there (although my rental car was a Fiat...)

-CW

Julz
15th October 2004, 08:53 PM
We have family in Georgetown who were over staying last week for the golf!!:D

Was in Montreal for a wedding in 2002 and then we headed down to Toronto for a week! I love the place and have named it the only city I would actually live in! (plus we were given tickets to go and see The Lion King!):D:D

The Dogfather
15th October 2004, 08:58 PM
Canada - Would love to live there!

Welcome to NMS.

MartinSullivan
15th October 2004, 09:04 PM
Welcome to NMS

choc
15th October 2004, 09:23 PM
welcome all the way from aberdeenshire mate

GAJ
15th October 2004, 09:26 PM
Howdy!

seany
16th October 2004, 01:11 AM
hi there

X30YES
16th October 2004, 04:17 AM
Welcome and enjoy

Mini Me
16th October 2004, 06:35 AM
I bid you welcome,as a recent new member myself,i would like to take this opportunity to tell you that they are all nuts on here...
aint that great........enjoy

Humourless
16th October 2004, 06:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

We have family in Georgetown who were over staying last week for the golf!!:D

You play golf in Scotland?!?! :eek:

Just kidding. I was in St Andrews back in May. Great town, beautiful course, excellent restaurants.

quote:Was in Montreal for a wedding in 2002 and then we headed down to Toronto for a week! I love the place and have named it the only city I would actually live in! (plus we were given tickets to go and see The Lion King!):D:D

Toronto is a weird city that way. Roughly two-fifths of people who live in the city were not even born in Canada, yet Toronto area has a population about half that of all of Scotland. We do get a lot of immigrants (my father is one of them!) which makes for a lot of variety when it comes to food, culture and faces.

What we don't get though is a lot of MINIs. I think less than 3,000 have been sold in all of Canada in the last 30 months. Moreover, because we throw salt down on our roads each winter, we have very very few of the old Austin/Leyland/Rover Minis - they've all rusted quietly away. I'm lucky to see more than two a year here.

-CW

monkimagic
16th October 2004, 09:39 AM
Fars aways and welcomes

Willie M
17th October 2004, 10:52 PM
Welcome to NMS CW :cool:

Duncan Stewart
18th October 2004, 05:22 AM
Hi & Welcome

Julz
18th October 2004, 05:16 PM
I remember when we were heading for Niagra we passed a mini dealers, that was the highlight of my day, not Niagra Falls, it ain't as big as you think!!:evil:

And yes, our family adds to the list of immigrants!!

They took us to the docks for a night out, fantastic place, got very drunk.. but what's with that demon scream thing, that shouldn't be allowed!!:eek::approve: