PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to a Grand Prix recently?

M600-RKJ
23rd December 2017, 06:15 PM
It's my dad's 50th next year so mum was thinking about getting me and him a weekend at a grand prix. Looking at getting a full package, grandstand, food, travel etc.

Has anyone done any of the f1 experience packages. We are looking at either Spa or Abu Dhabi.

Thanks

badwolf340
23rd December 2017, 07:58 PM
You should also consider the Monaco GP. My sister did it and you get right in the pits

weefossy
23rd December 2017, 08:01 PM
Been to Silverstone and Chinese grand prix. Loved it. Silverstone was a corporate event, was excellent, apart from trying to leave at end. Just had to have more beer!! Went to first Chinese GP at the end of our holiday there. Had a great day amongst a crowd of Italians. Organisation by Chinese was incredible. To and from the centre of Shanghai by coach in record time. Would love to go to Spa and I'm sure Abu Dhabi will be well organised. Getting to and from these type of events is always key for me.
I'm sure Rob (Stoney) has been to Barcelona and a few have been to Silverstone, so more tips will follow I'm sure.

EcosseGP
23rd December 2017, 08:25 PM
I’ve been to Silverstone and it was a nightmare firstly to get accommodation and secondly to get in and out the place on race weekend. A lot of the lads have been to GPs abroad and say it’s far better and more exciting than Silverstone. There is one small and I mean small pub in silverstone village itself so you can imagine what trying to get a drink is like.
I’d opt for Adu Dhabi too I think if I ever went again.

M600-RKJ
23rd December 2017, 08:27 PM
You should also consider the Monaco GP. My sister did it and you get right in the pits

Monaco is no use for my exams always lands on my birthday week. But it's also slap bang in the middle of exams

CiderFex
23rd December 2017, 10:03 PM
If I was to ever go to a live race it would have to be Spa and Eau Rouge Gold Tickets.
I looked at the prices at Silverstone this year but with general admission tickets costing £150, car parking £50 and £50 just to cross the footbridge to get into the middle of the track there was no way I hell that I would pay that kind of money for a British F1 race.

This deal don’t look too bad but I’m unsure about where you’ll end up being seated.

https://www.thomascooksport.com/event/Formula-1-Belgian-Grand-Prix-3-Night-Break-/13580

Sent via The X using Voodoo

Blueboy
26th December 2017, 04:57 PM
Friends of mine follow the F1 races and go to quite a few races and have said that the Abu Dhabi circuit is fantastic and always have great seats as send a live feed from the race

Mon the fish
26th December 2017, 05:29 PM
Spa or Monza would be my choices - BiL did Monza and had a great time, plus Milan is nicer to visit than Northampton.

But I'd go to Le Mans personally, a proper petrolhead road trip

M600-RKJ
26th December 2017, 08:42 PM
Spa or Monza would be my choices - BiL did Monza and had a great time, plus Milan is nicer to visit than Northampton.

But I'd go to Le Mans personally, a proper petrolhead road trip

If it was for my birthday I'd be going to le mans or 24h of nurburgring. Dad's not as into endurance racing as I am

- - - Updated - - -

Friends of mine follow the F1 races and go to quite a few races and have said that the Abu Dhabi circuit is fantastic and always have great seats as send a live feed from the race

We liked the idea of Abu Dhabi because you've then got Ferrari World and really good track experience like a formula 2000 car or 458 gt cars. And mum and dad have been to dubai twice but never Abu dhabi

- - - Updated - - -

And it's quite a flat track so as you say you can get a good view from most of the seats