PDA

View Full Version : Help on cleaning

Woz
30th May 2003, 01:50 AM
I was about to clean the inside of the car, sad I know, and reached for the cleaning kit that came with the Mini.

Now I’m stumped as NONE of the bits they give you say anything about what they do. aaarrrgh

If the interior cleaner is for inside, does that mean the Plastic care stuff goes on the outside bits like wheel arches and if not, what’s the best thing for getting the wheel arches clean?

Thanks

Woz

Gismo
30th May 2003, 02:37 AM
Where is M2 when you need him, sorry, i don't know, never had the Mini cleaning kit, but, if M2 reads this then you'll get your answer

Bonnie Scotland

GAJ
30th May 2003, 02:49 AM
The labels on the back of the bottles peel open and fold out - all instructions are printed inside - Why? I don't know!

Woz
30th May 2003, 03:00 AM
doh

Thanks

Woz

KenL
30th May 2003, 07:35 AM
Yes, the spray is for outside and has a horrid Silicone smell. Use it on your black bits.

The other stuff you dilute in water and it smells good. I use that stuff to wash all my interior plastic bits like the dash and doors even though they were clean already :I:D

Find the wheel cleaner and wax really good too.

minidriver#1
30th May 2003, 07:45 AM
cleaning kit? i never got one.

Willie M
30th May 2003, 03:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Use it on your black bits.
:eek: Ouch !! Is there a doctor in the house ???

Wul
30th May 2003, 04:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

cleaning kit? i never got one.

KJ - it's the mini brand cleaning kit you can buy from the dealer - not a freeby i'm afraid! Some people go a free rucksack with the first batch that were on sale.:cool:

Hey - has anyone found out who makes the kit for BMW? ie autoglym etc.

Woz
30th May 2003, 06:16 PM
We got the kit and rucksack free with the car.

The wheel cleaner is great, gets the job done quickly. Not used the wax as I use mur instead.

Wul
30th May 2003, 07:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Woz

We got the kit and rucksack free with the car.

The wheel cleaner is great, gets the job done quickly. Not used the wax as I use mur instead.

Excellent! - All we got were a bunch of flowers and a crappy Douglas Park keyring!

Linda M
30th May 2003, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Woz

I was about to clean the inside of the car
Clean the inside :question: All Daisy gets is a good hoover, dust down then all the dash/plastic bits get a going over with a damp cloth :I However, I did actually 'wax' her last weekend, fist time I've ever waxed a car :eek: I used Autoglym wax/polish and it was ever so easy to use. I was impressed :cool: Haven't used her all week though in fear of DIRT :clown::I:clown:

sh@z
31st May 2003, 07:02 AM
yah its a pain, dust seems to stick to my car :/...

being black dont help tho heheh

Moorf
5th June 2003, 07:58 AM
"Clean" the car? You mean it isn't the garage pixies that do that?!

Moorf
:evil:

Woz
5th June 2003, 08:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Moorf

"Clean" the car? You mean it isn't the garage pixies that do that?!

Moorf
:evil:

Thats blown it, I can see the question about the Tooth Fairy and Santa coming next :eek:

W:Dz

Tony
5th June 2003, 08:11 PM
What do you mean, a question about Santa?

Santas real, right?,.....how do you know so much about this magical person that keeps himself to himself.

does he drive a MINI?? :D

Moorf
5th June 2003, 09:08 PM
Actually my next question was "Where do babies come from?"

I bet Santa's MINI doesn't have a CD changer in the boot or he'd never get all those pressies in :D

johnlewis99
6th June 2003, 05:05 AM
Since the Pixies,tooth fairies,laundry fairies, and the loo cleaning trolls unionized......things have not been the same:( been having to do a lot of these duties myself as of late.