PDA

View Full Version : Handbook at £28.00!

norbu
6th November 2017, 07:54 PM
Just got a nice new Mini Clubman. Working my way through the Handbook and all the new electrical gizmos I come across:- "Radio, see Owner's Handbook for Navigation, entertainment, communication".
BUT
There's no such handbook with the car.

On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00.:ragin::ragin:

The other suggestion is that I look at an app.:ragin::ragin::moonie:

I know that I should have bought that Audi S3!

badwolf340
6th November 2017, 08:02 PM
Just got a nice new Mini Clubman. Working my way through the Handbook and all the new electrical gizmos I come across:- "Radio, see Owner's Handbook for Navigation, entertainment, communication".
BUT
There's no such handbook with the car.

On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00.:ragin::ragin:

The other suggestion is that I look at an app.:ragin::ragin::moonie:

I know that I should have bought that Audi S3!
Depending on the spec of your car the handbook may be built into the car and viewable on the multi screen

norbu
6th November 2017, 08:07 PM
Thanks but I did know that. Can't say that it's great way to familiarise yourself with the myriad options on all the radio/media/navigation stuff. Read the screen....come off the screen....go to say navigation....forget all that it said on the screen....go back to the "handbook" screen....start all over again.:argh::argh:

Life just aint long enough!

MINI William
6th November 2017, 08:58 PM
Where did you buy the car from? Go back to the dealer that supplied the car.

norbu
6th November 2017, 10:55 PM
Where did you buy the car from? Go back to the dealer that supplied the car.

Yep done that. That's why I posted......"On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00":ragin::ragin:

Mon the fish
7th November 2017, 07:17 AM
This is the new BMW way, it's happening across all the models. Also with the service book, which IMO makes it easier to forge (although you can buy fake dealer stamps to forge it the old fashioned way)

MINI William
7th November 2017, 09:07 AM
Yep done that. That's why I posted......"On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00":ragin::ragin:

As already suggested use the handbook in the car and remember what you’ve read or fork out the £28. Other option is to have a bit of a play around with it and learn that way

norbu
7th November 2017, 09:28 AM
Yeh it’s really good to know that MINI and it’s dealers really care for their customers. I’m really impressed with the get lost and read the app or it’s in the car. Sorry but I don’t think that their attitude or the bog off and buy a book is conducive to great customer relations.

Maybe it’s just me but I had thought dealers cared for their customers especially as that’s the fourth Mini I’ve bought. Looks like I was wrong.:frown::frown:

Mon the fish
7th November 2017, 11:38 AM
Anyway, does anyone actually read the manual? It's the stupid man way to just bash the buttons until it does what you want it to do :laugh:

This also has the advantage that 3 years after you got the car, you still get the 'surprise and delight' feeling when you discover features you didn't know about because you haven't read the manual :thumbs up:

goodingm
19th November 2017, 02:02 PM
You can also get them online as pdf files, I did for navigation on my Paceman anyway. You can then print all or just pages you need etc as required. I did get a
book with car but it did not have navigation etc.