PDA

View Full Version : steamy windows...

aimee_s
15th October 2004, 06:21 AM
.....no, i know what youre all thinking, and not steamy windows like that! but does anyone else find that ALL the windows fog up really easily and tonight it took me about 20mins of hot air blasting around the car to demist them....never experienced that before with my 206...its nothing to do with the window tint film is it?

Wul
15th October 2004, 06:34 AM
Did you have your air-con on today? (do you have air-con?:p) if you turn off the car after having the AC on the car can tend to fog up - especially when you first start up the next morning.

Also check you never had the air on re-circulate as this prevents the moisture from your breath escaping.

My car mists up easily in the morning but turn up to four on the fan and a min later you can drive off.

:)

aimee_s
15th October 2004, 07:06 AM
no....no air-con, just the standard dial things.....it was like i was in a steam room tonight-couldnt see a thing!even the back window took a fair while to demist with the demister button on (cant think what its actually called right now...!):cool:

Sheilz
15th October 2004, 08:39 AM
Rain xxx have good stuff for putting on the interior of windows to stop them from misting up. I think it must work coz I haven't had misted windows since. Word of caution though is to be very careful and thorough in cleaning beforehand and also when polishing up the window afterwards to stop it leaving marks on the glass since these can be a pain in the dark. Stuff available at Halfords. I thik there's a few people on here use it. Dont know if its the best on the market though.:D:D

sleepyrascal
15th October 2004, 09:20 AM
It could be the film. More likely to be a side affect of the rainy weather and it being warm in your car. Just open the window a wee bit and blast the fans, that usually works in seconds for me. Although I always end up with a Road Angel scanner shaped bit of mist left on my windscreen. I must move it.

Wul
15th October 2004, 03:01 PM
Aimee - lift the car mats in the front, back and boot and check below them for dampness - you might have a slight water leak which would lead to what you're describing - don't have film on my windows so can't help you with that but some others on here do and might be able to help you on that front - perhaps edit the thread title to draw their attention to it?

Hope you get it sorted though as once the REALLY cold mornings arrive you don't wanna be faced with frost on both sides of the windows - had that on my old golf and it's not fun!

Duncan Stewart
15th October 2004, 08:36 PM
My Cooper demists fine & very quickly. My Classic is awful for misting up inside, and before you ask it is dry inside! ;) I must give the RainX stuff a go. I use the external stuff on my car windows and I'm sure it came with a small free bottle of stuff for the inside of the windows that I never tried.

X30YES
20th October 2004, 02:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

.....no, i know what youre all thinking, and not steamy windows like that! but does anyone else find that ALL the windows fog up really easily and tonight it took me about 20mins of hot air blasting around the car to demist them....never experienced that before with my 206...its nothing to do with the window tint film is it?
Have the same problem ,but only a little bit ...but still enough to notice it ....I also have tints and did wonder if it had something to do with that as well ,but cant think why, as I never had it on my last two mini's ....which had no tints!!

lightbody
20th October 2004, 08:22 PM
Both of mine have been great for demisting, steaming up less than any other car I've driven (and thats before the aircon is on).
As Wul said - make sure recirculation is off.

Also - are the exit vents in the boot clear? Otherwise the air you're blowing has nowhere to go.

Reminds me of my MX-5 - I don't know how it was meant to work, or what was wrong, but when you put the fan on full the roof 'inflated' which could amuse passers by... (there didnt seem to be any way for the air to get out without opening a windae)

seany
18th November 2004, 02:33 AM
aimee when you say film on youer windows do you mean tints if you do then i have the same problem my windows steam up teribly but i just blast my heater and that cures it

aimee_s
19th November 2004, 02:10 AM
yeh, i mean tints...but the problem seems to have calmed down a lot. no doubt itll kick in again with the cold weather comin up, but ill try all the various tactics suggested here to get rid of quickly!

mgemie
21st November 2004, 11:12 PM
yeah, the windows steam up REALLY REALLY easy