PDA

View Full Version : MINI 1499 GT

badwolf340
11th October 2017, 07:59 PM
Rather like this and could be tempted
http://www.motoringfile.com/2017/10/10/world-premier-limited-edition-mini-1499-gt/

Mon the fish
11th October 2017, 08:11 PM
I can't understand why they didn't base this on the Cooper rather than the One - I'd really like the idea of a lighter hot hatch, small wheels, lightweight options etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
11th October 2017, 09:07 PM
Seems a bit lack luster for such a limited edition. What does it get over a jcw chilli pack other than the side decals

gauldrymini
11th October 2017, 09:27 PM
...tempted...must resist...:thud:

EcosseGP
12th October 2017, 07:47 AM
I like this too .. it’s a kind of modern take on a classic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
12th October 2017, 08:32 AM
I really like it. Just something about it works

mikeswagon
12th October 2017, 08:51 AM
I can't understand why they didn't base this on the Cooper rather than the One - I'd really like the idea of a lighter hot hatch, small wheels, lightweight options etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this, although that's the first press release I've seen confirming the One is getting a detuned 1.5, so maybe easy enough to up the power. At least the badging now makes sense to me.

Mon the fish
12th October 2017, 08:20 PM
I'm with you on this, although that's the first press release I've seen confirming the One is getting a detuned 1.5, so maybe easy enough to up the power. At least the badging now makes sense to me.Aye, unlike BMW badging these days - a 528i should have a 2.8 litre engine to my stubborn mind!

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
13th October 2017, 09:52 AM
Car throttle posted the price as £16,995. Not sure if that's right because there are some delivery mileage ones at that price

ELFMAN
18th October 2017, 01:34 PM
I quite like this. Many months ago in a fit of madness (now passed, the R56 is safe!), I specced a Cooper, not OTT, and it came in at over £20k... So this neat edition seems pretty good value in MINI world. As others have said, a wee remap and you've got Cooper performance. On the other hand you could go for a year or two old Cooper and add some seats and stripes! Overall though, a guarded thumbs-up from me. I must be mellowing in my old age...

MINI William
18th December 2017, 12:23 PM
Seen one of these in the flesh yesterday and absolutely stunning

ELFMAN
19th December 2017, 01:28 AM
Lower it a couple of inches and a wee remap = a Very Merry Christmas methinks! Though the black paint wouldn’t half show up the salt... I’ve got a great trick for keeping the salt off my Mini at this time of year - I use the Skoda! (The MGB’s hibernating till Springtime).

mikeswagon
21st December 2017, 05:28 PM
I saw the black on JC has in just now, when I was up on Saturday.

It looks good, mirrors and wheels to match the gold anyone? I would love to see it in pepper white, although I think the decals would have been good in red for PW, not black.

I did actually walk right past it to begin with, but in my defence I'd been in to see Taelor Shands new F56 racecar, and having managed to squeeze into it, I don't think I was exactly focused.

Mon the fish
21st December 2017, 05:50 PM
I'd like to see one the same colour as the classic in the launch pics - I love 70s car colours, the decade that taste forgot :D

EcosseGP
21st December 2017, 08:33 PM
Having just seen photos of the cars I actually now would get one in white over black. I think it’s very quirky and could be a bit of fun without the running costs of an S. I’ve not seen any on the road yet which is surprising given the price and the fact they’re targeting youngsters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk