PDA

View Full Version : R56 sunroof rattle

M600-RKJ
19th September 2017, 04:22 PM
Hi wondering if anyone has had this fault and how you fixed it my sunroof seems to be quite loose and the separate panels rattle over some bumps only when the roof is closed and I've noticed when you close the doors the rear sections lift with the draft.

My plan was to put some felt or the soft side of velcro along the runners to stop the rattle I can't see a way of getting tools into to tighten anything up any help appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Alex from NM
26th September 2017, 06:43 PM
If it’s just the screws each sheet is held in with x6 torx screws. Tighten them and it will probably stop.

Don’t put anything near the runners except a bit of spray in grease.

M600-RKJ
26th September 2017, 06:48 PM
If it’s just the screws each sheet is held in with x6 torx screws. Tighten them and it will probably stop.

Don’t put anything near the runners except a bit of spray in grease.

Well I was going to put thin felt just where the sunroof rests as the rear glass seems to be very loose and it doesn't slide it just tilts

Alex from NM
26th September 2017, 06:59 PM
I hate rattles and have hunted them high and low on my r56. Definitely try and tighten those torx. Even take them out and maybe try some felt under the parts that make contact with the cassette. The panels are easy to remove. They just lift out once those torx are off.

Like you say back just tilts up and down so you can add a little bit more there.