PDA

View Full Version : How often should I *really* do oil changes

somerdom
12th August 2017, 01:35 AM
Got my car in January on 32k miles, now it's sitting on 41k. Normally I would be thinking about an oil change after this sort of mileage (car gets worked quite hard, I might add) but the car reckons it's another 10k miles away! Just seems wrong that the car should go 20k miles without an oil change. Would be interested to know how often you should actually do an oil change on an N18 car because 20k seems to long for me.

badwolf340
12th August 2017, 07:04 AM
If I had bought a car ,I would look at changing the oil annually for no other reason than peace of mind

Mon the fish
12th August 2017, 07:35 AM
Every 7k or once a year, whichever comes first IMO. Modern service intervals are far too long and are no good for the car if you plan to keep the car for a decent length of time. Oil is the blood of the car and is cheap to change.

Unless you're doing really low miles - one of my cars does less than 1k a year, so I leave it 2 years between changes.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

JOHN MILNE
12th August 2017, 02:48 PM
I change mine every 6 month
Easy for Me as I work in a garage :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

a11y
14th August 2017, 01:04 PM
Annually for me too. Only cover 5-6k miles a year, so I do a change between official services which are always time-based for me.