PDA

View Full Version : Garages 😣

Neongreen
27th July 2017, 11:25 AM
Hi,

Please can anybody recommend a good, trustworthy garage in the Edinburgh/Lothians/Borders area?

My car (2011 Cooper D) is due a service, but also needs a set of tyres, attention giving to the front brakes (judder on braking) and an investigation into why it pulls to the left. I've read quite a bit about this - I know it's a common problem that might be fixed with new tyres (I'm going to switch from RFs to Non RFs) but I also suspect the car was in a minor bump with the previous owner, due to uneven gaps between bonnet and front bumper - so I want this straightened out also.

So ideally I would like to be able to take it to somebody honest who will check it over and fix it without telling me it needs a new shell and interior 😒

Please give me your recommendations.

Also, I've got a bike I can use while the car's away, so I can leave Coops with the garage for a while if need be.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give.

NG

craigib76
27th July 2017, 12:02 PM
Actual location might help your quest

DigitalLemming
27th July 2017, 12:04 PM
Even though it's out your area I'd take it to Douglas at B&M in Glasgow, they're a site sponsor and will see you're well looked after.

All of my cars have been looked after by Douglas and his team at some point and it's always been a great service.

Neongreen
27th July 2017, 12:37 PM
Thanks for that, I'll look into B and M.

I'm in Lauder in the Borders by the way, half way between Edinburgh and Galashiels.

MINI William
27th July 2017, 01:12 PM
Can't recommend Douglas and the guys at B&M enough.

In and around Lauder quite a lot as my parents live at Oxton

Neongreen
27th July 2017, 09:46 PM
Ok, thanks for the replies so far.

I'm thinking I'll get an oil change and a set of tyres locally, as I need this done ASAP. Then see how the left pull improves, and then take it to Be and M for the rest (brakes, bodywork, possibly bushings or other suspension components). That's my plan.

badwolf340
27th July 2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks for that, I'll look into B and M.

I'm in Lauder in the Borders by the way, half way between Edinburgh and Galashiels.
Just up the road from you :thumbs up:

Neongreen
28th July 2017, 11:22 AM
Where do you take your car(s) Badwolf?

badwolf340
28th July 2017, 01:28 PM
Where do you take your car(s) Badwolf?
B&M

Neongreen
29th July 2017, 10:55 PM
Ok cool, thanks. There certainly seems to be a consensus here.
And I'm looking forward to getting rid of the run flats, I'm expecting a gain of at least 20-25 bhp ��

emicen
3rd August 2017, 09:45 AM
AP Autocentre in Loanhead are a hell of a lot closer than Clydebank.

Julz
3rd August 2017, 09:56 AM
Would have to concur, B&M!! I live north of Perth, sent my Mini down via Shiply! Ended up with pretty much a full engine rebuild, being going like an absolute dream ever since although the running in of the engine is a bit dull at times! [emoji16]

Neongreen
4th August 2017, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I'll look into A and P, and also a quote from Shiply (didn't know they existed).

I just got 4 Toyos fitted, non RFs, and what a difference!! If anybody has any doubts about changing from RFs to Non RFs I say do it! And £200 all in ��

Still need brakes all round and bodywork so will look into B and M and A and P.

Thanks again.

Julz
4th August 2017, 08:33 PM
I was £90 to get the mini from mine down to B&M and it saved so much hassle! [emoji16]