PDA

View Full Version : Mini2 Charity Ball - Auction and Fundraising

Julz
13th October 2004, 05:26 PM
Right folks, time to get hands in pockets or thinking caps on!:sleepy:

The whole point of the evening, besides the consumption of vast quantities of Irn-Bru, is to raise cash for Whizz-Kidz and Woodlands School in Middlesex (a school for kids with mental and physical disabilities who are badly in need of a new mini bus!);)

On the night of the Charity Ball (Feb 26th) there is to be an auction consisting of 20 or so big items that will hopefully pull in loadsa money, so if any of you have any bright ideas of items that could be auctioned, feel free to steal, donate etc...:eek::p

Besides the auction, there are a number of other fundraising events going on (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73741) so to prove that Scots aren't as tight as everyone says we are, who's for donating some cash?? I'll be hassling you all on every run between now and February, so be warned those of you who attend regulary!!:D

Also, any fundraising ideas would be greatly appreciated;)

Sheilz
14th October 2004, 02:52 AM
mmm! this is Aberdeen on a flag day!!;):D:D:D

Sheilz
17th October 2004, 04:48 AM
kint it fine. Aiberdeen on a flag day. Fit did a tell yis!;):D:D

Julz
18th October 2004, 04:47 PM
Tell me about it, it's like trying to get money out of a bunch of tight-fisted Scots... oh, hang on.....;):D

Julz
4th November 2004, 08:29 PM
Come on folks, a bit of enthusiasm please!!:(

Even if anyone can suggest anywhere I can mooch some freebies as we might be organising a wee auction via ebay for all the smaller things!

OR, you could always come along!! So far I've figured out the cheapest and quickest mode of travel costs £100 return for two adults!! That's not too bad really and it's still 4 months away!

Plus, don't be put off by the whole 'Ball' thing, it's formal dress, that's all, there ain't much else formal about it.....;)

Sheilz
5th November 2004, 09:05 AM
quick - hide 'abody, its a collection tin!:eek:

Julz
5th November 2004, 05:07 PM
No need to worry Sheilz, doesn't look like anybody's bothering anyway!!:mad::disapprove:

Big Col
5th November 2004, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry Julz. I just don't have any ideas. I also give to charity every month as it is and can't afford to give to every charity. I'm sorry. :(

Wul
5th November 2004, 06:11 PM
Hey Julz - have you tried rattling the tin in the faces of the Mini Dealers on the site? perhaps they could stump up some mats, mudflaps or a MINI Spa voucher etc.

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 06:35 PM
How about some of us chipping in and getting Big Gordy and Maxxed Ross to produce a "special" remote control Mini and auctioning it on ebay or on the night of the ball????

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 06:35 PM
What about Martins idea on the r/c mini thread:I It would certainly be different :p:D:approve:

Wul
5th November 2004, 06:39 PM
Sounds smashin to me! It could be decalled with MINI2 and NMS livery too! :cool:

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sounds smashin to me! It could be decalled with MINI2 and NMS livery too! :cool:

Yeah wonder if John at Apex could do us some mini MINI decals - that would be cool :p:)

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 06:55 PM
To be honest the stickers are going to be the hardest part about a 'special' build 8) We've made up some before but found they were not waterproof and all smudged as soon as we tried to clean the shell:I John might be able to help out here though:D they have to be suitable for plastic though or the shell might 'melt':p:D:approve:

Big Col
5th November 2004, 06:58 PM
Well J man's stickers stick to the ootside of MINIs on this site and haven't came off, even when buffed as often as wul buffs. :)

Julz
5th November 2004, 07:01 PM
Wa-hey, you're all still alive!

Big C - that's no excuse!;)

I will be bringing the collection tin (baked beans and tomato sauce rinsed out) with me on every run between now and the event!:approve:

The idea of a 'special' rc car sounds great, something a bit special!:D

As for hassling dealers, not sure if there are any special, kind and generous ones out there willing to show that they are more special than the next one by providing something wonderful to be auctioned to help the poor kiddies!:(

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 07:03 PM
Julz, how about setting a paypal account up - for charitable donations and also for making donations to the rc car idea if people think it is a good one.

Julz
5th November 2004, 07:19 PM
I'll look into that!!;)

Wul
5th November 2004, 07:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
As for hassling dealers, not sure if there are any special, kind and generous ones out there willing to show that they are more special than the next one by providing something wonderful to be auctioned to help the poor kiddies!:(

Julz - of course they will only read this if they enter the thread - the title of which probably scares them off in the first place!;):p Perhaps a similarly worded email to all the "known" dealers on the site and a specific thread just for them might spur them to a bitof "my dealerships better than yours" kinda banter!! ;):cool:

Julz
5th November 2004, 10:19 PM
I was actually thinking of threats at knife point!!:p

Julz
6th November 2004, 01:23 AM
I would just like to say a big thank you to Bonnie Scotland for his charitable donation!:D:clown:

MartinSullivan
6th November 2004, 01:25 AM

I would just like to say a big thank you to Bonnie Scotland for his charitable donation!:D:clown:

has he put his car in the raffle???? Funny cause I have just seen him in Aberdeen and his car was looking awful shiny :D

Mini Me
6th November 2004, 01:52 AM
Menzies MINI would be delighted to donate the Hot Orange Convertible electric baby racer(£225),just let me know when you want it............

Gismo
6th November 2004, 04:14 AM
I noticed you still aint paid up yet :evil: do as i say and not as i do, springs to mind :eek::blackeye:

Gismo
6th November 2004, 06:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime
Who ... me :question:
Nope :evil: as the post shows, i was replying to Julz ;):D

Mini Me
7th November 2004, 04:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Nope :evil: as the post shows, i was replying to Julz ;):D
Sorry BS,brain was in standby mode;)

Julz
8th November 2004, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I noticed you still aint paid up yet :evil: do as i say and not as i do, springs to mind :eek::blackeye:

I have!!:clown:

Mini Me
8th November 2004, 10:22 PM
i have just managed to get Pentagon Glass Tech ,to donate either a free window tint,or decal.
Along with the Hot Orange electric baby racer from Menzies:D
my work here now is done:p

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 10:27 PM
Well done that man :p:D:approve:

Julz
8th November 2004, 10:34 PM

i have just managed to get Pentagon Glass Tech ,to donate either a free window tint,or decal.
my work here now is done:p

And the award for the mostest bestest salesman goes too........:D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks!:D:D

Ok folks, I have set up a Paypal account for donations so that we can buy a car, and then sell it again!!

For those of you sleeping, Big Gordy had kindly volunteered to build a radio controlled mini to the spec of the lucky winner at the Charity Ball Auction, however, seeing as it's not a cheap thing, he'll require some dosh! So, instead of donating cash, we, as a group will raise cash to pay for the car and any extra money is then given to the charity. Because of this, NMS are now on the list of official sponsors for the event!!:D Sooooooooo, if you're willing to part with the pennies, you can email me at my specially setup hotmail account telling me how much you wish to donate, and I will then send a payapl request (even if you don't have paypal), this is the only way I have figured out to receive cash without opening a business account!!

Ta!!:D:D

its_for_charidee_mate@hotmail.com

soggy
9th November 2004, 12:50 AM
Julz - I love you for this hard work, and to you and everyone else here on NMS a VERY BIG THANK YOU :)

We really do appreciate your support on this.

Is the hot orange bay racer the R/C car is another item - sorry, easily confused limey here from beyond the border !!!

MartinSullivan
9th November 2004, 12:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by soggy

Is the hot orange bay racer the R/C car is another item - sorry, easily confused limey here from beyond the border !!!

Nope thats another item - kindly donated by one of our dealers (Mini Dealers that is)!!!!

soggy
9th November 2004, 01:24 AM
Wow - that's great stuff thank you. We will list the dealers as sponsors spearately to NMS assuming they want some recognition for the donations ?

Julz - you gonig to carry these on Easy Jet hand luggage :eek: :D

Big Col
9th November 2004, 01:25 AM
That dealer being Menzies in Stirling. (Credit where credit's due):)

The staff are all mingin' but their hearts are in the right place. ;)

MartinSullivan
9th November 2004, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
That dealer being Menzies in Stirling. (Credit where credit's due):)

Thats got to be another month off the delivery date for your S

The staff are all mingin' but their hearts are in the right place. ;)

But thats got to be 6 months added on :D:cool::)

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 01:52 AM
Nah, you've got it wrong .In Falkirk Mingin means most handsome,doesn't it Col:p

Big Col
9th November 2004, 02:02 AM
It sure does Iain.

Then again...I'm not IN Falkirk...:p

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 02:11 AM
It sure does Iain.

Then again...I'm not IN Falkirk...:p
will someone please take Colin's shovel off him;)

Big Col
9th November 2004, 04:46 PM

will someone please take Colin's shovel off him;)

Aye! Come on then! <brandishes shovel> Who wants to try it? Do we need another fight thread? :blackeye:

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 11:19 PM
Fight thread,LET'S HAVE IT !!!!!!!!

Julz
11th November 2004, 01:12 AM
Poopies!!:( A wee while ago I sent an email to J.K. Rowlings lot begging for a signed book, rather than going 25 minutes up the road and camping at the end of her drive! I received a response today...

Dear Julz,

Thank you for your e-mail forwarded to this office and apologies for the delay in responding.

I am afraid J K Rowling is unable to provide an item for your fundraising raffle/auction. I am sure you will appreciate that she is receiving numerous requests of this type at the moment and unfortunately cannot respond to them all, as she is already struggling to make time for the charities with which she is already involved.

With apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Fiddy Henderson

P A To J K Rowling

It was worth a try!! Now where did I leave that tent!!:sleepy:

Big Col
11th November 2004, 01:17 AM
I could probably forge her signature...:evil:;):D

Note to PA Lady : That was a joke! Don't get your lawyers onto me.

Julz
11th November 2004, 01:24 AM
At least they had the decency to reply! I waas expecting my email to get dumped in the recycle bin straight away!! I even put links onto this website.... you never know, they might be watching us!;):clown:

Mini Me
11th November 2004, 02:50 AM
Now we know where to have our MINI blockade........jk's drive way

Crombers
24th November 2004, 09:57 PM
Julz , I'll happilly donate a cash sum at the Pitlochry meet.

monkimagic
24th November 2004, 10:23 PM

At least they had the decency to reply! I waas expecting my email to get dumped in the recycle bin straight away!! I even put links onto this website.... you never know, they might be watching us!;):clown:

Hi Julz

I work for Aberlour Childcare Trust http://www.aberlour.org.uk/

We work in these four areas
Children and families affected by disability,
Children and families affected by drugs and alcohol,
Parenting and young children’s development,
working with vulnerable, or potentially vulnerable, young people.

I have just recieved a letter today from Ourprice wanting to give signed original LPs, gold discs and collectable music stuff. this we cant use just now but I will give you their contact details and see if you can get something for the charity ball. They seem very, very keen to help :)

charitysupport@ourpriceplc.com

01708 463222 Andy Dowman adownman@ourpriceplc.com

01708 463222 Karen Ferreira kferreira@ourpriceplc.com

I hope they can help,

Monkimagic

Let me know how they respond or Let me know if you want me to get intouch with them .

Julz
24th November 2004, 10:26 PM
Excellent, thanks, I shall send them an email right now!!:D

soggy
25th November 2004, 12:30 AM
That sounds very interesting :)

Julz
25th November 2004, 07:38 PM
I got a response form Our price this morning!! This could be a real winner!! We get to choose 4 pieces out of their collection for auction, free of charge!!

Bonnie Scotland, looks like there might be a David Bowie piece or two in here for you!! Have a look!!

Our Price - very nice people (http://www.ourpriceplc.com/)

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 07:42 PM
Thats excellent Julz, should be a real winner. Well done Monki for supplying the contact :D

soggy
25th November 2004, 07:56 PM
Wow Julz - this is top stuff. How do we reserve - qite a few have already gone so best be quick. There is a Queen one available signed by Freddie M - grab it !!!

Gismo
25th November 2004, 08:25 PM
Bonnie Scotland, looks like there might be a David Bowie piece or two in here for you!! Have a look!!
Our Price - very nice people (http://www.ourpriceplc.com/)
Funnily enough i've already got the one they have available :evil:

Julz
25th November 2004, 08:31 PM

Wow Julz - this is top stuff. How do we reserve - qite a few have already gone so best be quick. There is a Queen one available signed by Freddie M - grab it !!!

Have sent you an email with all the info!!;)

Big thanks to Monki for putting us onto this one!!:D:D

monkimagic
26th November 2004, 08:16 AM
[/quote]

Have sent you an email with all the info!!;)

Big thanks to Monki for putting us onto this one!!:D:D
[/quote]

No need for thanx, hope it all goes well.

Monki

monkimagic
26th November 2004, 08:47 AM
Have you decided on which ones to request ? the Doors would fetch a few bob or the Who. Let us know

Monki

Julz
14th December 2004, 05:38 PM
A list of sponsors to date can be found here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79133)

Big Gordy
14th December 2004, 05:50 PM
Julz we seem to be down for 2 radio controlled mini's:eek: One 'bling' and one still specable or am I reading it wrong:I<worried look comes over my face> :p:D:approve:

The Dogfather
14th December 2004, 05:50 PM
Wow, I got a mention :D

Wul
14th December 2004, 06:04 PM
Big G - my interpretation was a blinging one for the night with a speccable "shell/wheels" for the winner to pick - ie not a whole car! :eek:

or maybe i'm wrong? :clown:

Wul
14th December 2004, 06:14 PM
Just clocked the post in the MINI2 thread - oh dear!!! :eek:

MartinSullivan
14th December 2004, 06:30 PM

Just clocked the post in the MINI2 thread - oh dear!!! :eek:

eeek!

Julz
14th December 2004, 06:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Julz we seem to be down for 2 radio controlled mini's:eek: One 'bling' and one still specable or am I reading it wrong:I<worried look comes over my face> :p:D:approve:

I know, I've already emailed Soggy to get him to change that!! Don't Panic!!

Big Gordy
14th December 2004, 07:14 PM
Don't panic Captain Mannering, don't panic :D
Phew :I had me worried there for a moment:p Yeah we can do a specable one as long as they realise it would probably be in the region of about 50 quid to do which ain't cheap:eek: Or are we including this in the action:question:
Julz - The chrome paint is going to be about £15 and the 'bling' wheels complete with tyres about £25 so if you could send £40 from the auction fund to cover this I would be grateful :p:D:approve:

Julz
14th December 2004, 07:20 PM
No problem, to all of the above!! If you send me your paypal email address thingy, I forward you the cash! Or even do a request payment from paypal to me!!;):D

Big Gordy
14th December 2004, 07:24 PM
Don't need it right away Julz:) I'll get it from you at the Karting if that suits you OK :p:D:approve:

Julz
14th December 2004, 07:32 PM
That's fine then, I'll try and mind and bring some cash for you!!;):D

MartinSullivan
14th December 2004, 07:42 PM
Julz, I'll make a donation to cover the wheels and paint - send me an invoice and I'll send the money

Julz
14th December 2004, 07:49 PM
What a very kind and generous bloke! Especially considering you've donated already!!:D

MartinSullivan
14th December 2004, 07:53 PM

What a very kind and generous bloke! Especially considering you've donated already!!:D

:D:D

Big Gordy
14th December 2004, 08:59 PM
Seeing as your now paying Martin;) is there any particular wheel/tyre combo you fancy :question: I'll check out some sites at lunchtime and get back to you then we'll see what I can do:D I remember seeing tyres with a flame type pattern cut into them - very 'pimpin' :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
14th December 2004, 09:00 PM

Seeing as your now paying Martin;) is there any particular wheel/tyre combo you fancy :question: I'll check out some sites at lunchtime and get back to you then we'll see what I can do:D I remember seeing tyres with a flame type pattern cut into them - very 'pimpin' :p:D:approve:

Pimp it up as much as we can then - do you want me to send the cheque out direct to you? Cut out the middle man (or woman in this case?)

Julz
14th December 2004, 09:04 PM
Sponsors list now updated (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79133)

(I'm away to email Soggy again to add the r on the rtech design email addy!!:I)

Big Gordy
14th December 2004, 09:21 PM
quote:do you want me to send the cheque out direct to you?
That would be splendid my good man:approve:Send it to Ross at the usual address :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
14th December 2004, 09:23 PM
ok, will put it in the post today

Post some pics of bling wheels and we will have a vote on it

Crombers
15th December 2004, 03:14 AM
Jules , I keep getting an error message when I try to get into you "charidee" link. Anyone else had problems ?

Julz
15th December 2004, 06:01 PM
Oh dear!! Maybe just try sending it to my email then! minijulzcs@hotmail.com!;):clown:

Gismo
15th December 2004, 06:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers
Jules , I keep getting an error message when I try to get into you "charidee" link. Anyone else had problems ?
Not tried it as such, but, if it's been unused for a period of time the address expires

Big Gordy
17th December 2004, 12:59 AM
Seeing as Martin is generously footing the bill for the 'bling:cool:' paint AND the 'bling:cool:' wheels for the auction mowta:I it only seems fair that Ross and I foot the bill for the tyres;) :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
17th December 2004, 01:00 AM
Auction of the wheels finishes tonight - so fingers crossed we win the wheels

Big Gordy
17th December 2004, 01:39 AM
Dinnae go daft now:evil: We've got weeks to find alternatives as the auction isn't until February I think8) I wouldn't pay more than about £16 including the postage if I were you;) I've seen a set by the same manufacturer in Marionville Models but there more like 8 purple turbine blades and I'm sure they were about £15 so don't panic. They didn't have the dummy disc tho':( :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
17th December 2004, 02:07 AM

Dinnae go daft now:evil:

Now he tells me :evil:;)

Wul
17th December 2004, 04:30 PM
<Martins frantically tries to withdraw the £25 bid he made earlier>;)

MartinSullivan
17th December 2004, 05:27 PM

<Martins frantically tries to withdraw the £25 bid he made earlier>;)

:D, I got them for £19 in the end - I am happy, and I know they are going to make the car look COOL

Big Gordy
17th December 2004, 05:33 PM
What's £3 between friends ehh;) They will look the mutts nuts tho:D
By the way Martin did you get my email with the pictures this morning:question: :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
17th December 2004, 05:36 PM
By the way Martin did you get my email with the pictures this morning:question: :p:D:approve:

No

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/14119/51171.jpg"

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/14119/51172.jpg"

Big Gordy
17th December 2004, 05:39 PM
Ohh OK I'll send them again :evil:;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
17th December 2004, 07:10 PM
They look the donkeys danglies! :cool:

Big Col
17th December 2004, 07:25 PM
The collie's clangers?

Big Gordy
17th December 2004, 07:27 PM
The goats gonads :dead:

soggy
19th December 2004, 04:59 PM
pmsl @ goats gonads .........

erm, sorry if I caused some panic and confusion - it's your accents, I had trouble undersanding you all :p :D

If anything else needs adding/changing to the sponsorthreadthen let me know please

And once again thank you all for your support :)

Julz
20th December 2004, 06:50 AM
Soggy, to save me emailing you again, can you add Martin Sullivan to our list of sponsors as he's the very kind gentleman (;)) who's providing the wheels and bling paint for the car!!:D:D

Big Gordy
21st December 2004, 09:28 PM
Martin you can leave positive feedback for the wheel dude:D Wheels came yesterday and they were exactly as they said on the tin. Mint condition:approve: They're on the chassis already so once I get a shell painted I'll post a picture <I'll try not to make it a thumbnail this time:I> :p:D:approve:

<edit : 'a shell pained':I maybe I'm trying to tell myself something:p>

MartinSullivan
21st December 2004, 10:19 PM
Excellent Gordy, cant wait to see the pic

MartinSullivan
21st December 2004, 10:43 PM
Done it yet?? :D

Big Gordy
21st December 2004, 11:40 PM
Gimmie a break will ya :evil:;) Unlike Big C some of us actually have to do some work to make a living :p:D:approve:

Wul
27th January 2005, 06:58 PM
Tada!!

Bling Bling! - this baby needs some neons!! :eek:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/tc_userimages/1442/generated/img1442_26012005225050_1_350.jpg

:cool:

Big Gordy
27th January 2005, 07:07 PM
Have too say it looks better in the flesh:approve:so to speak;)
Julz how are we going to get this down to soggy:question: Are you still thinking about a courier/post:question: :p:D:approve:

Julz
27th January 2005, 11:13 PM

Julz how are we going to get this down to soggy:question: Are you still thinking about a courier/post:question: :p:D:approve:

What's the range on the receiver??:p

Big Gordy
27th January 2005, 11:33 PM
100m or so on full batteries:approve: You could always 'chase' the wee mini all the way down in your BIG mini;) Mind you stops will be required for battery changes...........:p:D:approve:

Julz
27th January 2005, 11:42 PM

Mind you stops will be required for battery changes...........:p:D:approve:

Not as often as stops would be required for more go-go juice!!:p

speedd
1st February 2005, 06:18 PM

Tada!!

Bling Bling! - this baby needs some neons!! :eek:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/tc_userimages/1442/generated/img1442_26012005225050_1_350.jpg

do you work for P1MP my ride :D

Big Gordy
14th February 2005, 05:29 PM
Chrome mini made it safely down to soggy's house<phew>:approve: Hope it attracts some good bids to boost the charity pot.
Julz spoke to Keith last week and he is still working on the porker8) Shouldn't be too long now <I hope:I> :p:D:approve:

Julz
14th February 2005, 07:19 PM
Cheers Gordy, all we need now is for more folks to feel generous and donate, seeing as only 9 good hearted souls have made the effort so far!:(

MartinSullivan
14th February 2005, 07:21 PM
Julz, is it possible to put "proxy" bids in for the auction? I'll put a starting bid in for the auction car to try and push up the bidding a bit

Julz
14th February 2005, 07:25 PM
I'm not too sure, I can always ask Soggy, unless he makes an appearance here himself!!:clown:

MartinSullivan
14th February 2005, 07:27 PM
No probs - I was thinking of putting a bid in to cover the cost of the car, but then I remembered that we got the kit for free!!!

Julz
14th February 2005, 09:07 PM
Considering how much you've donated and put towards the car already, I wouldn't worry about it!!;)

phantom
16th February 2005, 04:52 AM

Cheers Gordy, all we need now is for more folks to feel generous and donate, seeing as only 9 good hearted souls have made the effort so far!:(

9 out of 700+ :disapprove:

Willie M
16th February 2005, 05:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

9 out of 700+ :disapprove:
Aye, it's pure shockin' so it is..... 8)

Scottie
28th February 2005, 05:46 AM
well how was the night how did the auction go how much money was raised :question::question::question:

where's the pic

come on Julz read you looked luvely on mini2 so get the pics out

Alan what were you doing with that blow up sheep:p;)

Wul
28th February 2005, 04:33 PM
Fiona - do you mean this? :p

BAAAA! (http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=70194)

Wul
28th February 2005, 04:47 PM
Tee-Hee - just clocked your "ball" photos on the official photographers site guys - very nice :p

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/naturalexpressionsphotography/ go events then to page 4 of 9 of the Mini Ball :)
http://www.everybodysmile.biz/naturalexpressionsphotography/evnts/16049/Mini0107{Portraits.jpghttp://www.everybodysmile.biz/naturalexpressionsphotography/evnts/16049/Mini0104{Portraits.jpg

Gismo
28th February 2005, 06:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
Alan what were you doing with that blow up sheep:p;)
In my defence i was framed and won't be saying anything until i've had a chance to speak to my lawyers :I
On a lighter note, she was the best looking sheep there :p

Julz
28th February 2005, 07:01 PM
So Alan, your fears of that photo being publicly shown as come true!! I told you if you were going to do that sort of thing to switch off the lights!!

Ok folks, the evening was a fantastic success!! Although we were unable to rig the raffle this time so therefore won nothing!!

Last time I spoke to soggy (I haven't checked mini2 yet) he estimated that around £5000 had been raised! Our contribution was as follows;

£300 from donations
£290 for the hot orange racer kindly donated by Menzies
£190 for the Pentagon voucher, again, from Menzies
£100 for the bling bling RC mini

So in all, I think we did ourselves proud! Although, I would like to clarify on the RC mini and the tints. Firstly, I don't think people were actually aware of exactly what this voucher was for, as I'm sure it would have gone for much more. Secondly, and this is the frustrating bit, when soggy produced the RC mini someone (we don't know who yet) shouted out "£100 and give it to the kids", so how can you actually bid against that? Very unfair as we know it would have gone for much much more! I actually had a few people afterwards asking about it and how much it would be to get one custom made.

So, in all a successful and very entertaining evening! And we still beat you home Alan!!:p

Big Gordy
28th February 2005, 07:31 PM
Glad you guys had a good time:D
Disappointed the bling mini 'only' made £100:( as for sure you could have got a lot more for it but like you said when someone shouts that out who's gonna bid against giving it to whizzkids:blackeye:
Ohh well at least it went to a good cause:) and I don't have to produce a custom bodyshell for the winner8);)
How many orders for r/c mini's did you take then Julz:question: Will I quit ma job and take it up as a new career:cool: :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
28th February 2005, 07:34 PM
Glad it was a success, shame about the car - but as Gordy says at least its gone to a good home.

Congratulations on all your hard work and twisting of arms Julz, glad it all paid off in the end :D

Julz
28th February 2005, 09:28 PM
Gordy, there were a few enquiries, and on each table was a list of the items for auction and a wee description, so rtechdesign was on there! I told a few folks just to log on here and track you down!

The car did look fanbloomintastic in the 'flesh' too! You did yourself proud, but I'm still grumbling! I suppose the guy thought he was doing something good, but there was an 'off the shelf' 1:9 scale model that he could have done the same for!:(:disapprove:

duncan
28th February 2005, 09:39 PM
Well done Julz, glad to see the myth of Scots being tight with money blown out the water.

Willie M
28th February 2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah, well done to all. Good to see Julz, Rob, Julie and Alan representing us so well (what splendid pics, you all sure do scrub up well ;))

As for the sheep? I believe there's an SSPCA SWAT team on their way to Montrose as I type this :eek::D

Vicki
1st March 2005, 07:57 AM
i had a lovely time- i was on table 3 with the guys n gals from MINI2mini. We have some grat pics if u guys wanna look at a few ...

Drunk > http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/albun65/DSC01046.sized.jpg
In the boot > http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/albun65/DSC01051.sized.jpg
Sexual activities > http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/albun65/DSC01058.sized.jpg
Sexual Activities again > http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/albun65/DSC01060.sized.jpg
Last sexual pic > http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/albun65/DSC01057_001.sized.jpg
Group Pic > http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/albun65/DSCN2450.jpg

Was lovely to finally meet Julz :) u looked lovely chick!

Link to album >>> http://www.mini2mini.org/boards/modules.php?set_albumName=albun65&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

soggy
1st March 2005, 06:07 PM
Yes, the £100 bid for the car was a bit frustrating, caught me on the hop and afterwards wished it happened happened, or we swapped it for one of the other RCs in the raffle - but, spilt milk and all that ............ Sham will be presenting it to the school and I'm sure it will give the kids a massive smile on their faces so think of the good it is doing :)

BTW - I'm still knackered !!!!

Julz
1st March 2005, 08:35 PM

BTW - I'm still knackered !!!!

Glad it's not just me then!!

Great to meet everyone at long last, and I shall make no comment about you sprawling yourself over the gold mini Vicki!!;)

Roll on next year!!:D

Vicki
2nd March 2005, 06:30 AM
LOL the way i whizzed around the mini doing different poses- you'd think i do it often .... ;) .... i do! lol

Glad not many people saw me do it- i think seeing it being done would be worse than just seeing the pics! lol

Julz
2nd March 2005, 05:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vicki

Glad not many people saw me do it- i think seeing it being done would be worse than just seeing the pics! lol

I think you'll be surprised how many people saw you do it!!;):D

Lorraine
3rd March 2005, 04:39 AM
Great to see you all last Saturday, and good on you for coming all that way :) See you in July ;)