View Full Version : Holding back

craigib76
19th May 2017, 06:36 PM
Hi all car feels like its holding back a bit no fault codes being produced
Any ideas
Cheers craig

badwolf340
19th May 2017, 07:22 PM
What sort of throttle position and load ,lower gears or higher up ? Have you checked for a boost leak / perished hose ?

craigib76
19th May 2017, 07:53 PM
No boost leak or perished hoses have checked and replaced it all near enough general driving is where I feel it so 4,5 ,6th
At 50/60
Just feels like the handbrake is still on
And no it's not I have checked that as well lol
Just fitted a 15% reduced pulley and thought it would feel much better than it does
Possibly it has just moved the power band and it is not suited to my driving type
May try a little ecu reset and see how that goes

Rogerg990
19th May 2017, 08:03 PM
Belt slipping ? What sized belt you running ?

Mon the fish
19th May 2017, 09:08 PM
Connect an OBDII dongle, fire up Torque or similar, and look at boost pressures. You should see 14psi at the top of 3rd/4th with a 15%. If you aren't, it's not boosting properly - but when I had a belt slipping, it screeched like hell

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

craigib76
19th May 2017, 09:30 PM
Belt is brand new and the correct sized belt that was supplied from orranjie along with the pulley
I have been googling the fault and a few things that I have been reading are starting to point to the throttle body or accelerator position sensor like revs are slow to return to idle and jerky throttle response when you are off and back on the gas
Which I guess kinda makes sense with the car feeling like its holding back not knowing how far the pedal is being pressed down could be a big problem for it

Mon the fish
19th May 2017, 09:35 PM
Could be bypass valve or MAP sensor, both cheap fixes

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

scooty
19th May 2017, 09:50 PM
check by pass ,,,stick finger down the back and operate spring return manually,,check vacum is still attached,,,you had it all stripped down rite,,,,work back from throttle body,intercooler ,charger,by pass,,air filter,,,,in neutral rev and listen for air pishing out of somewhere,,,,,cover engine in baby powder and rev look for puffs,,,,if not it will smell nice and show up any oil leak

craigib76
19th May 2017, 11:09 PM
Bypass valve is split new
Map sensor looks clean but I know that goes for nothing

scooty
20th May 2017, 09:25 AM
if its not boosting then its air side,that narrows it down,,throttle body,,boots on intercooler,,intercooler burst,horn not fitted back on supercharger properly,,,i forgot to loctite mine and they came loose,,,,loud whining noise ,,LOUD,,,black plastic feeder pipe to charger,,by pass,,air filter ,,,feeder pipe from front grill,,,,thats pretty much it ,,,,,if all good ,,,check sensors,,,,its a sealed engine under pressure,,,,if its losing boost then that air must go somewhere else,,,,i take that it hits red line ,full revs in neutral

craigib76
20th May 2017, 10:23 AM
Yes it goes to the redline in neutral in fact it revs quite freely in neutral
Only when driving does it feel sluggish
After driving it again last night I thought I was pressing the accelerator harder than it was going but then if you stand hard on it the car takes off

scooty
20th May 2017, 11:08 AM
So under full boost the car takes off...air side works at full chat then....mid range flat spot type of idea....what other mods...what have you taken off that's not back on properly. ..It was working good before...no fueling issues...and it's not giving any codes....any sensor problem will register with ecu..just need good machine to read

- - - Updated - - -

Did ye fit cooler plugs with new pulley ...have you got obd2 reader...am running out of ideas. ...check mini torque someone on there will be a genius or really good with Google. ....iam in spain the noo but home 2morro if ye want a shot of any of my sensors or obd

Rogerg990
20th May 2017, 04:55 PM
Bad fuel ?

craigib76
20th May 2017, 05:46 PM
Think I may have this fixed

craigib76
25th May 2017, 10:49 PM
I had a good rummage around in the engine bay today and was topping up fluids ect when I decided to pour water over the intercooler and I got a strange soaking noise like when the dentist sticks the saliva extraction thingy in your gob so poured a wee bit more and it seems I have a vac leak on the intake side from the inlet mani to the intake side of the ic horn
This was a new gasket when I had all the engine to bits so it is either not tight enough or it's damaged in so way so new gasket ordered and we will see how we go
Fingers crossed

badwolf340
26th May 2017, 06:12 AM
Hopefully you have found out what is wrong