PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Splitshift
4th May 2017, 02:09 PM
Hi all, Scott here in Falkirk . Looking to buy a mini for my wife, currently she's driving a Citroen C2 !
I have about 2 grand to spend, but looking on line seems lots for less? Probably somewhere else on the forum , but what should I be looking for. Possibly a convertible but prob not. I've a fair amount of technical knowledge and ability but been out of motor trade for years. I do have access to a ramp for later inspections. Ok, consumables, track rod ends, exhausts and tyres I know about but model specific common problems to look for ??
Thanks in advance, Scott

EcosseGP
4th May 2017, 02:27 PM
Welcome along Scott and I'm in Falkirk too. It's always a difficult question to answer when you're unsure about the model that you're looking at. Cooper S or not as sporty ?

Splitshift
4th May 2017, 05:33 PM
Hello and thanks for the welcome !! To be honest, something not so sporty for her might be best ! However toys always work best, leather and alloys !
Scott

MINI William
4th May 2017, 09:09 PM
Welcome to NMS. We are always in hand to help yon out. What is it your looking for from a MINI

badwolf340
4th May 2017, 09:44 PM
:welcome:

scottch
4th May 2017, 09:51 PM
Welcome aboard!

Splitshift
5th May 2017, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone, looking for, hmmm, well a nice looking, ( sporty looking ) car that will get nearly 60 miles a day, primarily will just be the wife but my son will need to drive it too, and it needs to be , well not a Citroen C2 !!! Leather and alloys tick her automotive boxes !! How useable is the back seat ? Is it , we'll like an old mini? Yes it's there, but.....
Scott

EcosseGP
5th May 2017, 11:58 PM
Yeah you're right re the back seats although you can get folk in at a push ...
They'll be plenty of choice out there it'll be just narrowing it down with "must have" options and of course colour !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a11y
6th May 2017, 10:24 PM
Welcome. Another in Falkirk here.

Back seats. Not sure how the R53 fares but the R56 isn't exactly spacious. I'm 6'1 and there's not much space for rear seat passenger legs behind me. Thankfully my kids are 2 and 4 so not an issue (yet...).

Big Gordy
6th May 2017, 11:06 PM
Yeah what Ali says ^^^^^^ back seats are okay as long as your drivers not over 5'10" :Whistle:

Crombers
7th May 2017, 02:25 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

Plenty of options out there, but the R50 Cooper is the drivers choice right enough :thumbs up: