PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cherished Query

jdl_1967
12th April 2017, 12:14 PM
We bought a 2013 Countryman through Mini Cherished in February and the service indicator is highlighting it needs a service now.

The car doesn't have the TLC package.

I was under the impression that when you purchased a Mini through their Cherished programme, it would have been serviced to cover the first year at least. However, looking at their website now, I don't think this is actually the case. It states they just undergo a number of rigorous checks prior to sale.

Can anyone clarify if this is the case and that after owning for only 2 months, the service will have to be covered by myself in order to keep their warranty valid? Albeit I appreciate I don't have to go to Mini for the service, it just needs to be serviced.

Thanks in advance

John

Sad_Panda
12th April 2017, 01:59 PM
Mini servicing is condition based, and depends on mileage/timescale. This means mini won't service it unless the car tells you it needs one. Just because the service light is on, doesn't mean it actually needs a full service, it can relate to other things such as brakes etc. Anyway, given you only just bought it, ask the garage to do the service for you and see what happens.

Oli

jdl_1967
12th April 2017, 04:20 PM
Cheers Oli

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro