PDA

View Full Version : Steady Bar for Spots

Scottie
12th October 2004, 12:56 AM
Anybody got spots fitted with a steady bar helps to keep the vibration to min.

If you did where did you get them from.

ELFMAN
13th October 2004, 11:32 PM
My (O.E. Dealer-Fit) Spots each have a little black rubberised bar which pokes through the grille and rests on the back of the lamps. Not brilliant, but they do steady the lamps a bit.

The O.E. Spots on my (2001) Cooper didn't have them, so obviously BMW have introduced them as a "fix" for the wobbles. You'll still get the odd shake though, as the whole bonnet can shoogle sometimes - that's what we get for having a fancy huge hinged front!

Give your Dealer a shout. As long as they're not "John Cooper Works" bits, 'cos then they'll be £150.00 each........ plus fitting.

Scottie
14th October 2004, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

My (O.E. Dealer-Fit) Spots each have a little black rubberised bar which pokes through the grille and rests on the back of the lamps. Not brilliant, but they do steady the lamps a bit.

The O.E. Spots on my (2001) Cooper didn't have them, so obviously BMW have introduced them as a "fix" for the wobbles. You'll still get the odd shake though, as the whole bonnet can shoogle sometimes - that's what we get for having a fancy huge hinged front!

Give your Dealer a shout. As long as they're not "John Cooper Works" bits, 'cos then they'll be £150.00 each........ plus fitting.

Thanks for your reply.

I have already asked the dealer and they said there was nothing.

Will ask again.