PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about changing the r53 for a boxster??

craigib76
5th April 2017, 12:06 PM
I have been thinking about this for a while and think if I don't do it now I won't do it at all
So the question is do I return the r53 to std suspension and wheels and sell them separate or do I leave them on and try and ask more??
If I return to stock I would have a set of tein advance street coilovers a set of kw v1's
A 15% pulley and belt with new plugs
A momo team steering wheel and boss
Cravenspeed short shifter
2 x corbeau club sport xl bucket seats 1 new 1 used but in very good condition
1 x set 16 inch mg hair pins

What are the thoughts
Cheers craig

MINI William
5th April 2017, 12:09 PM
A car is always worth more split. As added parts don't always add value to the car. But on the other hand you then have the hassle of taking the parts off and selling them. If it was me I would split

badwolf340
5th April 2017, 01:02 PM
With the bits on it makes it more desirable,but not potentially worth anymore .going back to standard will let you sell the parts and give you a baseline for selling

Mon the fish
5th April 2017, 01:33 PM
Split what you can, but I'd leave the non-visible and harder to remove mods like the pulley on the car

DigitalLemming
5th April 2017, 01:39 PM
You've just got to weigh up whether it's worth the time and money to remove the mods. Typically mods don't add much value and you'll also be reducing the potential market for selling the car by selling it already modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigib76
5th April 2017, 02:27 PM
Yes I did think that
Good thing is the pulley kit I have is not fitted yet so is still brand new
The coilovers are around 2 months old and the kw's are in very good order
Not sure what the car is worth back to std i would guess somewhere around 2500 but unsure

Mon the fish
5th April 2017, 03:40 PM
The buckets and wheel are two things most likely to put some folk off, and are also the two quickest to remove - you'll get over £500 back for them as well I'd imagine

craigib76
5th April 2017, 09:43 PM
Yeah seats are out wheel didn't even get fitted
It now sits pretty much std other than the wheels
Just need to find a decent set of s spokes

Mon the fish
6th April 2017, 06:13 AM
I'd be tempted to leave it on the hairpins - they look like a stock wheel IMO