PDA

View Full Version : F56 Mods

Fitlike
4th April 2017, 07:21 AM
Good Day,

I've just added a couple of mods to my F56 Cooper S and thought I'd share my experiences.

If your a F56 owner you'll have realized by now there isn't many mods out there. Until now all I fitted was the JCW Bluetooth exhaust, JCW tune to bring it to 210bhp and replaced the silver trim around the headlights for black ones.

In the last month I've added a K&N induction air filter, fitted a Scorpion decat and had the car remapped to 260bhp.

With regards to my recent mods, I've seen no reduction in power fitting the induction air filter. The Scorpion decat has been a pain in the ass (also decats are a nightmare to fit). The decat emphasises the turbo, great sound however I wouldn't recommend buying a Scorpion as from my experiences they don't fit properly, you'll end up with a tiny rattle at certain revs. Best to go with Miltek

I was advised, with the current mini engine set up that it was safe to remap my F56 to 260bhp, which I did. Anyone thinking about the JCW tune, don't, as will only bring the car to 210bhp. I recommend you save your money and find a garage that will remap your to 260bhp. It's so quick now, the power is never ending and that's without sticking it into sport mode.

Makes me smile every time I press the accelerator.

Kev

p.s thought I'd better get the brakes done next before I kill myself so getting JCW brakes and wheels fitted next week.

badwolf340
4th April 2017, 07:50 AM
Coming along nicely Kev

MINI William
4th April 2017, 09:07 AM
Sounds like the car is coming along Kev. Looking forward to future updates

jonnie
4th April 2017, 09:48 AM
Sounds good, mind if I ask where you got the map done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitlike
4th April 2017, 09:56 AM
Unless your will to travel there's not many places up here in Aberdeen with a rolling road or remapping capabilities. I eventually ended up going to Jim Reid just off the Kemnay turn off. He advertises as Jim Reid Quantum Tuning.

Quantum tuning is a franchise that Jim Reid has bought into.

The guys seem to know what they're taking about, they also have garage facilities for any additional work required.

Think the cost was £330 + vat. They also give you a curtesy car if needed.

Kev

jonnie
4th April 2017, 07:22 PM
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk