PDA

View Full Version : upgrading as my old bones cant cope

monkimagic
26th March 2017, 03:36 PM
Hi Folks

As some of you know I use the Mini for my driving school.

I am thinking of upgrading to the F56 model.

I have taught in each generation of Mini and found the R56 a big improvement over the early car.

i can spend up to an eye watering 50 + hrs per week inside the car, 35-40 in the passenger seat.....I can not live with the R56 much longer and am looking at the VW Golf as it offers a smoother ride. The seat in the Mini is lovely and supportive but there s no give in the suspension.

Can anyone let me know what the ride is like is in F56 Cooper D in real world terms. any input would be much appreciated as my old bones are crying out for a gentler life.

Thank you in advance.

monkimagic
26th March 2017, 06:32 PM
i could cope with a clubman but i tend to buy a 2-3 yr old car as Learners drivers are not the kindest to cars, using a £20k car is not too wise.:smilewinkgrin:

Chloe
26th March 2017, 07:33 PM
We have the F56 Cooper D.

We all find it really comfy. Great on fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkimagic
26th March 2017, 07:58 PM
cheers folk. feedback elsewhere online seems to be, the comfort is night and day the difference.

stoney
27th March 2017, 08:02 AM
Why not speak with a dealer and see if you can get a 24h or 48h test drive ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

monkimagic
28th March 2017, 08:54 AM
Waiting to hear back about this very question. Also looking at Inverness and Aberdeen Mini to see who can make the best offer.

a11y
28th March 2017, 01:01 PM
Tried small wheels and non-RFTs? I've swapped from 17" RFT to 16" non-RFT on my R56 and the ride quality has improved quite a bit. I can't go smaller than 16" due to brake size but 15" would give more cushioning.

I might be wrong but is the MINI part of the appeal for many learners? Not for all obviously but certainly I imagine some folk would love to learn in a MINI. My dad used a mk2 then a mk3 Clio for his driving school car. Still going strong at 80k miles after recently retired, I didn't expect a Renault to take that use as easily as it has!