PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

c9aan
14th March 2017, 08:48 AM
Yes this has been asked loads of times but im looking for some sticky tyres for my gp not bothered about wear as it mainly lives in the workshop ,

thanks for taking the time to reply

jdl_1967
14th March 2017, 09:12 AM
Yokohama AD08Rs have been amazing on my car. I did a wee write up on here a few months ago, but after driving them through the winter, I'm also really impressed with their wet weather performance, I've not had one scary moment and my car is my daily driver.

Wear wise, they've hardly worn over the winter too, but that's probably because I haven't pushed them too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

c9aan
14th March 2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys

MINI William
14th March 2017, 10:40 AM
I used Yokohama Parada Spec 2's on my R56 GP and really liked them, Not the best in the wet but fantastic I the dry. Now using them on the R53

Mon the fish
14th March 2017, 01:34 PM
I've always been an advocate of Paradas on an R53, they just work with lots of feel and precision.

I've now gone for AD08Rs, but have done maybe 30 miles since putting them on a couple of months ago so can't fully comment yet

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Craig
14th March 2017, 01:55 PM
I've got federal 595 RS-R on a set of wheels that I used on track. Stunning grip in the dry... never used them in the wet as they are just for track use. Might put them on during the summer (if we get one) [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
14th March 2017, 02:23 PM
Might put them on during the summer (if we get one) [emoji2]

.....only if you're thinking on emigrating.
[emoji12]

Craig
14th March 2017, 02:24 PM

Anythings possible [emoji23]

CiderFex
14th March 2017, 02:25 PM
Anythings possible [emoji23]

You'll not be fitting the tyres then.
[emoji23]

Big Gordy
14th March 2017, 10:35 PM
I've got federal 595 RS-R on a set of wheels that I used on track. Stunning grip in the dry... never used them in the wet as they are just for track use.

I'm running a set of those on my 17s.....which will be going on in a few weeks so I'll let you know how they are in our summer.....:Whistle::moonie: