PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Road & Tuning

Fitlike
1st March 2017, 12:46 PM
Afternoon,

I'm looking to get a decat fitted to my F56 Cooper s then get it tuned to 270 bhp.

Can anyone recommend a good garage with a rolling road and tuning facilities in or around the Aberdeen area? Preferably looking for garage with experiences in tuning mini's.

Kev

Mon the fish
1st March 2017, 03:07 PM
I suspect you'll be lucky to find someone with experience of tuning a new engine up here. Wallace Performance is closed as well, so you'll have to travel I think

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fitlike
1st March 2017, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Yea i thought that might be the case. Oh well I'll just have to keep searching.

Thanks
Kev

EcosseGP
1st March 2017, 09:31 PM
Kev
I personally wouldn't bother with the de-cat from what I've seen and read it doesn't seem to do much other than make your car sound rougher on start up. What set up you got on the F56S just now ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

badwolf340
1st March 2017, 10:26 PM
Re what Davy says the De cat on the F56 does not sound that great and is a bit of a job as the amount of things you have to remove quite the reverse on the R56 which is easy to change

MINI William
2nd March 2017, 05:20 PM
Not a fan of a decat on and F56. Sounded great on the R56 but makes the F56 sound rough. I wouldn't have thought there was anyone north of the border to map the F56

skid
14th July 2017, 09:13 AM
Afternoon,

I'm looking to get a decat fitted to my F56 Cooper s then get it tuned to 270 bhp.

Can anyone recommend a good garage with a rolling road and tuning facilities in or around the Aberdeen area? Preferably looking for garage with experiences in tuning mini's.

Kev

Kev,
RA Motorsports in Perth just sorted this for me. Stage 2 map, decat/downpipe & induction kit = 305 bhp. I'll attach dyno print out if I can work out how lol
01738 583064

skid
14th July 2017, 04:41 PM
It's a handful to say the least, but serious fun. It's a fair bit louder than previous, and the pops and bangs with the exhaust valve open are ear-splitting, lol.
It now has higher power to weight ratio than a BMW M2 so that gives an idea of what she goes like!