PDA

View Full Version : R56 coilovers

c9aan
21st February 2017, 04:11 PM
HI just fitted a set of meister r coilovers they were second hand but condition looks good. The handling of the car is now really poor,

Very bouncy --I have the adjustment set to soft front and rear, The preload is ok. The ride height is ok well a couple of inches below the arch centre.

I have ran Meisters before on different cars but these are making the car handle like jelly

Ideas please

MINI William
21st February 2017, 04:20 PM
If its bouncy and set to soft I would adjust so they where harder and reducing being as bouncy :yes nod:

c9aan
21st February 2017, 04:49 PM
will give it a try thanks

- - - Updated - - -

got chris mapping it tomorrow he will take a look at the same time

will keep you updated

Mon the fish
21st February 2017, 07:10 PM
I'll double check my settings in the morning - got a note in the garage. They're definitely not always bouncy

craigib76
21st February 2017, 07:25 PM
How many click of damping adjustment do you have I am running tein advance street and have 16 clicks I run the rears on 12 of 16 16 being hardest and the fronts on 8 all be it an r53 but I have no issues and it handles like on rails

c9aan
21st February 2017, 07:43 PM
probably at least 16 , the meisters are great coilovers have used them in the past . The car is getting mapped tomorrow and the suspension will be looked at then. When they were first fitted the car was to low so I have sorted that out. checked the preload today and turned the adjusters to full soft was on full hard . I will report back tomorrow on the outcome.

craigib76
21st February 2017, 09:07 PM
I would set it in the middle and see how it goes it's a good starting point at least

c9aan
21st February 2017, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all your help

Mon the fish
21st February 2017, 10:40 PM
I definitely run a bit of pre-load on the front, can't remember how much but it does help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

c9aan
22nd February 2017, 08:31 AM
Is there any access to adjust the top adjusters on the rear without having to take the coilover out ?

Mon the fish
22nd February 2017, 09:11 AM
Just checked - I'm 14 clicks from full soft on the front, 6 clicks from full soft on the rear (on an R53).

Martin on MT has a great thread with his feedback on Meisters, well worth a read - http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f663/martinj46s-meisterr-review-17073/

To access the top adjusters, you need to drill small holes in the chassis to feed the extended adjusters through, then you can adjust them with the supplied extenders from the panels either side of the boot. Part of the joys of Meisters is the adjustability

M600-RKJ
23rd February 2017, 12:02 PM
How many click of damping adjustment do you have I am running tein advance street and have 16 clicks I run the rears on 12 of 16 16 being hardest and the fronts on 8 all be it an r53 but I have no issues and it handles like on rails

Is it easy to adjust the stiffness of the teins im looking at getting these for my r56. Undecided between street advance or st v1s

craigib76
23rd February 2017, 01:39 PM
The teins are easy to adjust at the front but not so easy at the rear well for r53 but I am guessing that the 56 has an almost identical rear subframe /suspension setup so will be a pain as well

M600-RKJ
23rd February 2017, 08:26 PM
The teins are easy to adjust at the front but not so easy at the rear well for r53 but I am guessing that the 56 has an almost identical rear subframe /suspension setup so will be a pain as well
Why is it a pain at the rear is the adjustment a dial on the top of the strut? On the front can it be adjusted by just opening the bonnet on the tein website there is something about a needle adjuster

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

badwolf340
23rd February 2017, 08:32 PM
With BC RC coilovers (on the Clubvan) you get extension's so you can adjust the rears

M600-RKJ
23rd February 2017, 08:38 PM
With BC RC coilovers (on the Clubvan) you get extension's so you can adjust the rears
I did consider bc but i think theyanre slightly out of my price range.

stoney
24th February 2017, 05:35 PM
What about minster R ?

craigib76
24th February 2017, 10:48 PM
Why is it a pain at the rear is the adjustment a dial on the top of the strut? On the front can it be adjusted by just opening the bonnet on the tein website there is something about a needle adjuster

Yes exactly the dial is on top of the strut that when fitted is inside the chassis leg
Front is just as easy as you said open the bonet and adjust