PDA

View Full Version : Ambient Lighting Fault

jdl_1967
19th February 2017, 07:44 AM
Just wondering if anyone could cast some light (no pun intended) on an ambient lighting issue we are experiencing.

Three of the door pockets on our Countryman are brightly illuminated when the ambient lighting is turned up to full, however one sadly is very much dimmer than the rest.

The dimmer door, is still illuminated and does dim and brighten when adjusted, it's just always so much dimmer than the others.

I've also tried changing the colour, but every colour displays in the same dimmer manner.

Any thoughts please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

badwolf340
19th February 2017, 08:20 AM
Would maybe be worth having a look at the bulb and see if there is any discolouring or if the contacts are loose or corroded .....anybody else got any experience or thoughts :thumbs up:

Kettlepot
19th February 2017, 09:50 AM
Could the lens be pushed further back into the door car (allowing less light out) if the door card has ever been off it may not be clipped back in properly. Only a guess mind as I have no other clue. Good luck

jdl_1967
19th February 2017, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys, I'll strip the door card and have a wee look.

I was thinking the whole strip was a bulb! Doh

jdl_1967
19th February 2017, 07:36 PM
Door card off, the clip that holds the LED in place is damaged and the LED was dangling free. Thanks guys.

Now I just need to replace the clip and half the fasteners I managed to rough handle into submission in the removal and refitting. My brute force mechanical skills always seem to result in far greater issues than my initial problem :-)

badwolf340
19th February 2017, 08:34 PM
Door card off, the clip that holds the LED in place is damaged and the LED was dangling free. Thanks guys.

Now I just need to replace the clip and half the fasteners I managed to rough handle into submission in the removal and refitting. My brute force mechanical skills always seem to result in far greater issues than my initial problem :-)

Always good when you get to the bottom of a problem

jdl_1967
19th February 2017, 08:44 PM
Thanks again for helping