PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.......................

Big Gordy
8th October 2004, 09:24 PM
with regards to in car hifi:D Not being very knowlegable in this area can anyone tell me is it possible to plug the cd boot changer into the standard radio/tape player :question: The reason I'm asking is I have noticed someone selling a radio/cassette on ebay saying it is cd compatible :eek: and I was very puzzled 8) So I though I'd the people that know ie you lot :I I don't have the cable to the boot or the boot changed for that matter but I do have a sony head/changer that I was going to put in at some point. This has me bamboozled :mad: :p:D:approve:

Burple
8th October 2004, 11:17 PM
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say yes, till someone else shoots me down! ;)

I didn't get the boost CD or any stereo upgrade, just the standard HU, but I got the CD prep (the changer cable) just in case.

:D

Wul
9th October 2004, 12:34 AM
I'm a bit confuzzled by your question Big G but this is my tuppence worth:

If you have either the WAVE or BOOST Radio cassette player you can plug in the the MINI CD Changer. You can also plug in selected Sony changers via a magic box.

If you do not have the CD prep cable installed you can buy one from Mikeythemini (www.newministuff.co.uk) - it's about £20 I think.

You cannot however use an aftermarket head unit ie Sony/JVC/Kenwood with the MINI CD changer as they don't speaka da lingo!

If you are going to put in a Sony head unit and changer then this is your best option for sound quality - I fitted my JVC head unit and changer in about 30 mins - the cable between the two units is different to the MINI one but can be hidden under the trims at the doors without removing panels :) - you will however need to buy the correct fitting kit - again from MtM or others which gives you the block connector, aerial adaptor and fascia panel - about £25.

Hope this helps you Big G!

and not a mention of Meguiars anywhere.....until now that is! 8)

X30YES
9th October 2004, 03:11 AM
Yes thats all I have , NP, just fish a boot in the cubby hole for the wires

monkimagic
9th October 2004, 09:26 AM
John is the man for this, where is he ??? Either I am missing his posts or he is on a break !

Big Gordy
10th October 2004, 02:43 AM
Sorry for the confusion guys:I
What I have is the standard radion cassette thingy. I've also checked behind the panel in the boot and theres no cd changer cable.
What I do have is a Sony CDX-M600R head and CDX-616 10CD autochanger(any good:question:) which as you say Wul will probable sound loads better than the standard system:approve:
But if I could plug a mini cd changer into the standard radio cassette then it might be the easier option. Having said all that if it only takes 30mins and a 25 quid plug from MtM then I might just go that route.
I hope I've completely confused you all now :p:D:approve:

Gismo
11th October 2004, 01:58 AM
Be very careful when looking for the CD Prep cable as it's normally hidden very well, it'll be taped up with other wires to stop it from rattling about.
You could also look on your invoice, it will mention it

Your best option if no prep is the wired deal from MTM and then just simply run the cable under the trim to the back, buy a changer and hook it up :)

Wul
11th October 2004, 05:02 PM
I reckon you go the sony route Big G - the difference in sound is well worth it alone and to fit the CD prep cable you'll need to take out the original headunit anyway! It's a no brainer mate! :p

Big Col
11th October 2004, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

It's a no brainer mate! :p

That's the best decisions for Big G. :D