PDA

View Full Version : Larger intercooler with the aero bodykit.

M600-RKJ
5th February 2017, 08:47 PM
Just wondered if anyone had fitted a larger intercooler to an r56 with the aero kit. I had the intercooler fitted to my last mini with the jcw kit and it fit no problem but im not prepared to cut the bumper just to make it fit. Thanks.

MINI William
6th February 2017, 10:29 AM
I know they fit under the Standard S bumper but think a bit of the lower grill needs to be shaved off. I have no idea about the aero bumper but would imagine it would be the same.

c9aan
6th February 2017, 07:19 PM
I have a forge on my r56 and your right the bumper doesn't fit right now

M600-RKJ
6th February 2017, 09:28 PM
I think ill just leave it for now. The plan is to eventually get the jcw bumpers so i will get it back on eventually

ELFMAN
7th February 2017, 11:16 AM
You didn't say which make of intercooler, mine is Forge, and as William said, on the standard S bumper you trim the lower grille as instructed and it fits fine. Shouldn't have thought it'd be that different on the JCW bumper, because if it didn't fit JCWs, the manufacturer would've ruled out a large market segment. I've certainly seen factory JCWs with the Forge setup. Biggest/daftest problem I had was sometime later when I decided to finally fit my 'Works' badge to the front grille and we had to take the bumper off as there was literally no space for fingers between the 'Cooler and the grille... Oh well, that's the price of vanity! Hope you find a solution, as you know it's a worthwhile mod.

M600-RKJ
7th February 2017, 12:37 PM
Sorry probably shpuld have said. Its an airtec intercooler. I didnt have to trim the bumper but i had a non genuine jcw badge on the grill and i had to shorten the bolts. But otherwise fitted perfectly.

MINI William
7th February 2017, 01:03 PM
Also folks Marks car has the Factory aero kit not the JCW aerokit

stoney
7th February 2017, 01:07 PM
Why not try it 👍😉[emoji38] you can be test monkey Mark 😜😉😉😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
7th February 2017, 05:30 PM
Also folks Marks car has the Factory aero kit not the JCW aerokit
Ahaaaaa. Beyond my experience then! Good luck anyway.