PDA

View Full Version : replaced front tyres mini not driving the same

niknax
28th January 2017, 04:31 PM
replaced front 2x tyres but the mini just does not feel right drove down to stafford friday night for mini fayre sunday and the wheel has a shudder and the brakes grinded this morning....just did not feel like my car and i did not enjoy the drive what could it be

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

a11y
28th January 2017, 05:01 PM
Wheel balancing first. Alignment wouldn't go amiss either.

niknax
28th January 2017, 05:07 PM
the tyre guy said he done all that so im a bit concerned if it actually was done and he took it out and hammered it just annoyed cause its not the same

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
28th January 2017, 07:11 PM
Shudder through steering wheel ,front wheels not balanced if shudder is through dashboard ..rear wheels need balanced ,if balance is ok ,check for worn track rod ends or other suspension issues .
Noise from brakes first thing is more likely build up of rust from damp over night weather but should go away when brakes used have you checked tyre pressures ? If front tyres are directional have they been put on correct way for rotation ?

Dobboy
29th January 2017, 03:24 PM
I'd check wheels are tight first, then I'd swap front and back wheels to see if there's any difference and take it from there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigib76
31st January 2017, 06:35 PM
I would also check the surface between the wheel and the disc as any debris on there will cause wheel wobble and vibration
But swapping round fronts to rear is also a good shout