PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow to Stirling run - **THIS SATURDAY-27th**

lightbody
8th October 2004, 01:51 AM
Please let us know if you're thinking of coming - even if not definite!!

START POINT: SAFEWAY, ANNIESLAND, GLASGOW

Click here to see a map and details of the start:-
http://tinyurl.com/6786r

So far:-

1 Lightbody (me!)
2 Rog (Mini Clan) (Rog)
3 GoldMini (Allen)
4 'Money' (Mini Clan) (John)
5 CraigD
6 Smurf MINI (Vaila & Archie)
7 Smurf Mini (Vaila & Archie) ?
8 minime (Iain)
9 ScottieCoop (Fiona)
10 ELFMAN (Euan)
11 ? Big Col
12 Low N Loud (Ewan)
13 ? Bad Dog Mini
14 Duncan Stewart
15 Fes (Mini Clan) (Rob)

http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0456E.jpg
http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0470E.jpg
http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0458E.jpg

Heather
8th October 2004, 02:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Anyone interested?

Totally!!! If you need a hand let me know. The recent equinox run route was fab, something along those lines perhaps???:D

lightbody
8th October 2004, 02:10 AM
Thought you might be up for it, Heather!

ny152
8th October 2004, 03:13 AM
I'd be interested as well Rob, dependant on dates.

GAJ
8th October 2004, 03:19 AM
Aye! Not naw but aye!

Craig
8th October 2004, 03:20 AM
Aye, Rob just let us know when you are thinking about - if you need a hand with organising, give me a shout.:D

lightbody
8th October 2004, 03:27 AM
What about early Novemberish? Sunday after Bonfire night? Or sometime sooner? Do folks prefer a saturday or sunday afternoon run?

My aim would be to not make too big a deal out of it! A shortish run on twisty roads ending up somewhere where everyone can grab a quick cheap bite to eat - then home!

Craig
8th October 2004, 03:38 AM
either Sat or Sun suits for us Rob, just need a couple of weeks notice normally to make sure I'm not working or on-call. Jude can make it anytime as she is only a teacher and doesn't work that hard. <ducks so that the duster and bit of chalk doesn't hit me>:D:eek::blackeye:

Heather
8th October 2004, 03:49 AM
I nice pootle around west coast roads with nice supper at the end sounds good. Saturday or sunday sounds good to me:D

lightbody
8th October 2004, 03:54 AM
Well lets say Sunday 7th November. 1pm start? Should give us a couple of hours of driving in the light before food?

Smurf
8th October 2004, 04:39 AM
Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::(

We'd love to come. An ickle run with some grub sounds perfect.

BUT....
We help out at the odd Ball in aid of different charities three times a year, and the next one is Saturday the 6th of November!!! We won't hit the sack until about 2am on the Sunday, after starting work at 10am on the Sat, so neither of us will be in a fit state to drive....

Dammit Dammit ........ etc........

Nenah
8th October 2004, 06:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::(

We'd love to come. An ickle run with some grub sounds perfect.

BUT....
We help out at the odd Ball in aid of different charities three times a year, and the next one is Saturday the 6th of November!!! We won't hit the sack until about 2am on the Sunday, after starting work at 10am on the Sat, so neither of us will be in a fit state to drive....

Dammit Dammit ........ etc........

Are you going to the Emerald Rocket Ball, Smurf?

Smurf
8th October 2004, 06:13 AM
This one is in aid of Children In Distress, and (like them all) is at the Glasgow Hilton. Rock and Roll theme this time! :D

Haven't heard of the Emerald Rocket Ball..... what is that?

lightbody
8th October 2004, 08:52 AM
If we changed this run to the SATURDAY would it cause anyone problems?

Reason: The Mini Clan's AGM is on the afternoon of the 7th and I want to be there...

Smurf
8th October 2004, 02:54 PM
DEFINITELY couldn't come. :(

We'll be setting up the ballroom etc at the Hilton.

Duncan Stewart
8th October 2004, 05:10 PM
I could possibly do Sunday 7th but not Saturday 6th as there is the Scottish Tarmac Rally championship at Crail where Redpoint will be competing in his Mini Cooper – I definitely want to see that :D
This is a busy time for Mini events(and I thought it would get quite at this time of year!) with something on every weekend until Nov 20th or 21st so how about 20/21st ?

Scottie
8th October 2004, 05:18 PM
What area would the run be in.

lightbody
8th October 2004, 05:54 PM
quote:This is a busy time for Mini events
Is there any way to have a simple calendar on here somewhere? So that you can see whats coming up without having to wade through message threads?

I was thinking of it as a simpler/cheaper alternative to some of the longer runs and/or events that are normally attended... Glasgow / West Stirlingshire area ish!

Will maybe just leave the date blank for now until we see who's interested?

MartinSullivan
8th October 2004, 05:59 PM
there is an events list here Rob

Events (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/events.html)

GAJ
8th October 2004, 06:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

there is an events list here Rob
Events (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/events.html)

You beat me to it!

Rob, I will add your list to the events page when you decide on a date. What about the 27th November, which just happens to be my birthday? (I'll be 21 before you ask!)

MartinSullivan
8th October 2004, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
You beat me to it!

:D

(I'll be 21 before you ask!)

Again ????! :p

lightbody
8th October 2004, 06:08 PM
Argh - messages are too quick for me and i'm trying to get out the door to go to work!!

Events calendar - cool! - forgot it was there... could it maybe be updated though to reflect non-NMS specific events (e.g. the Mini racing thing in Crail mentioned) which people might be interested in?

27th would be fine by me... All not in favour say Naw!

Scottie
8th October 2004, 06:38 PM
I'll come please. 27th good for me.

Heather
8th October 2004, 07:14 PM
(I'll be 21 before you ask!)

Double it more like;)

Smurf
8th October 2004, 07:15 PM
27th is good for us too! :)

Duncan Stewart
8th October 2004, 07:23 PM
27th Not possible for me as I'm at a 21st Party :( (Not Gaj's ;))
Good idea about the list of events (including non NMS but Mini interest events)- good if all forum users could add to it, not just mods.
Unfortunately there will still be clashes such as the Mini clan Perthshire run which I was going to attend on 17th but it got moved to 31st because of Crail which clashes with the NMS Blackpool run :evil:
Such is life! pity there was not just one big Scottish mini club :D;)

Heather
8th October 2004, 07:27 PM
I agree duncan. Its sometimes hard to juggle mini clan and NMS events. Just mean we have twice the runs!!:D:D

Duncan Stewart
8th October 2004, 07:34 PM
And Caledonian mini club! Finally made it on one of thier runs last weekend which was great fun - Perth to Callender for a Chippy tea.
I think I might suggest that route as a short winter NMS run :D

Scottie
8th October 2004, 07:59 PM
Depends on which chippie you pick.

GAJ
8th October 2004, 07:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart
Good idea about the list of events (including non NMS but Mini interest events)- good if all forum users could add to it, not just mods.
NO! NO! NO! I'd lose all my power! :cool:
The way the site is set up just now that's not possible anyway. Only MMM and I are able to update non-forum pages. I quite like it that way as I need to feel important sometimes!!;) I will update the page sometime over the weekend though; feel free to PM me with suggestions of other things that should be included.

I own up - I won't be 21. As you can see from my profile (I am not afraid to include my age in mine!!;)) I will be 37 this year. Contrary to popular belief this is not 'nearly 40' but is actually mid-thirties or just 'thirty something'! I recognise that I may be a couple of years older than others I could mention, but you wouldn't think it to look at us!;):p One word! Botox!!;)

Heather
8th October 2004, 08:05 PM
One word! Botox!!;)

If thats what you want for your birthday Ill see what i can do. Arn't mods supposed to make sure things dont go off topic??;):p

GAJ
8th October 2004, 08:10 PM
So Rob! Are we going for the 27th? ;)

Crombers
8th October 2004, 08:40 PM
Would stick my name down for all Sunday runs but Saturday = Football so unless it's a Sunday i,m ''goosed''

Burple
8th October 2004, 11:23 PM
quote: One word! Boll*x!!;)

Now now Mr Moderator... don't be so touchy about your age...;)

Or we'll set Col on ya!! :D:D:p;):evil::D

Craig
9th October 2004, 02:39 AM
27th Nov is fine with us....

ny152
9th October 2004, 02:49 AM
Saturday 27th better for me as well, as I cant do Sundays at all :(

Sorry to hijack your thread a wee bit as well Rob, but any of the Glasgow or nearby NMS folks fancy a wee quick run one night next week after work or something? Seen a few VW's doing it a couple of nights ago and it looked like fun?

Back on track now :).

lightbody
9th October 2004, 03:15 AM
Due to the unfair advantage of local knowledge it would give me, I'm now thinking of something like Milngavie to Stirling Castle via some twisties. Not a fast run and not very long!

Goldmini - a quick night run would be of interest! ANYTHING in the Glasgow area would be of interest!!

27th sounds good to me.

Heather
9th October 2004, 08:29 PM
Oohh night run sounds good! Terrorise the locals. I could do some supper at the end if there are not too many weegies coming along:D:p

Smurf
9th October 2004, 10:29 PM
A night run is a possibility - but my weeks tend to get swallowed up with work. :(

Crombers
13th October 2004, 08:41 PM
Would not manage a nite run until late late Oct into Nov as vbusy at work right now & always working late

Heather
13th October 2004, 09:37 PM
Im going to do a wee drive at the weekend and see if I can offer some suggestions for supper on the 27th. Smurf, have you got any on a shortlist?:D

ELFMAN
13th October 2004, 11:11 PM
Rob,
Put me down for the run on Sat. 27th. I've missed SO many runs this year due to Work, Health and Holidays - just bad timing. I feel as if I've lost touch with the MINI scene altogether. It'll be good to get back into the swing! Hopefully will have the new Minilites on by then too.

Smurf
14th October 2004, 05:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

Im going to do a wee drive at the weekend and see if I can offer some suggestions for supper on the 27th. Smurf, have you got any on a shortlist?:D

There's a really nice place (well, it was the last time we were there) called the Birds and the Bees near Causewayhead (near Stirling). But I'm not sure if they would cope with a bunch of maniac mini owners without booking first..... and I can't remember how expensive it was.....

Anywhere else we've been in Stirling required booking, and wasn't big enough for lots of people turning up out of the blue.....

Sorry I can't be of more use! Feel free to pop in if you're passing our wee hoose though. :D (Chances are we'll be in, but no guarantees...

ny152
14th October 2004, 06:43 AM

There's always the Brewers Fayre at Bannockburn. They were able to cope with us after the west coast run (probably wont be allowed back in :clown:).

Maybe see you out and about this weekend Heather, got a bit of time off work at short notice :D

Scottie
14th October 2004, 04:57 PM
What about Paco's Dumbarton Road Stirling.

Heather
14th October 2004, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

What about Paco's Dumbarton Road Stirling.

Is that the mexican place? Will try and check it out but i would be worried about parking for everyone. Alan, the BF sounds like another possible, will have to book under another name this time so they dont rumble us. Rob...does this sound any good to you??:D

lightbody
14th October 2004, 09:02 PM
I'd have thought something like the brewers fayre might be the best bet - boring but less hassle... My only thoughts, and i dont know what the rest of you think, is being keen that the run isnt too long and starts fairly early (so its light!).

I was chatting with allen (goldmini)... I actually don't know how i missed the West coast run. I didn't realise there'd been any runs hereabouts!

Heather
14th October 2004, 11:28 PM
Well since we have savoured the delights of the brewers fayre in the past and its been ok, then perhaps that should be the one. I agree with starting early and making it a shortish one.
The west coast run was a belter rob, apart from being my birthday:I Allen did a fab route and gave us all cds to play on the run as well as a stick of rock and a postcard.
Any roads needing checked out at the weekend? I think both me and allan would be more than willing. (especially if smurf puts the kettle on!!)

Scottie
14th October 2004, 11:38 PM
My car can go into the brewers fayre at Stirling but it won't come out. It's to low last time we took the Mini for Sunday lunch it turned into a nightmare with a vist to B&Q for some wood.

MartinSullivan
14th October 2004, 11:43 PM

My car can go into the brewers fayre at Stirling but it won't come out.

Shouldnt eat so much while you are in there then !!! :D:p

Scottie
14th October 2004, 11:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

My car can go into the brewers fayre at Stirling but it won't come out.

Shouldnt eat so much while you are in there then !!! :D:p

Smurf
15th October 2004, 01:07 AM

especially if smurf puts the kettle on!!

Just drop me an e-mail to let me know which day you were thinking of - and the kettle shall be on!! :)

(We may have plans to be out at some point you see.....)

Nenah
16th October 2004, 03:10 AM

This one is in aid of Children In Distress, and (like them all) is at the Glasgow Hilton. Rock and Roll theme this time! :D

Haven't heard of the Emerald Rocket Ball..... what is that?

It charity ball time of year again & lots on during Nov.

Its the Volunter Services Aberdeen's ball - The Emerald Ball and the Carers Rocket Ball have joined forces to form the Emerald Rocket Ball for 2004. The event is in support of the work VSA undertakes in tackling poverty and hardship suffered by Aberdeen families and for carers with dependent relatives...so a good cause.

Ours is a "Evening in Paris" theme - Moulin Rouge style.

Enjoy!

Nenah
16th October 2004, 03:14 AM
27th November is good for me - please post details of time, meeting place etc once sorted. Cheers!

smiler
24th October 2004, 09:38 PM
Rob

Please could you put me down on the list.

Cheers.:D

Mini Me
24th October 2004, 09:55 PM
I would be interested,very very much.........

Smurf
25th October 2004, 04:00 PM
Calling Rob, Heather, (and Goldmini?)

Shall we have a wee chat sometime soon, about doing a reccy for some of the sections of this run? I'll see most of you on Sunday - we can sort out who's helping with what then.

:)

Heather
25th October 2004, 05:16 PM

Calling Rob, Heather, (and Goldmini?)

Shall we have a wee chat sometime soon, about doing a reccy for some of the sections of this run? I'll see most of you on Sunday - we can sort out who's helping with what then.

A wee huddle on sunday might be a good idea;):D

Big Col
2nd November 2004, 04:32 AM
<waves enthusiasticaly> I've finally done my homework and found that I might be able to make this one! Put me down pleeeeeeeeeeease. :)

lightbody
2nd November 2004, 04:44 AM
Update following meeting with team-Smurf yesterday...

details of the route are NOT going to be published - it can be a surprise on the day!

Starting at Safeway Anniesland (just North of the Clyde tunnel) at 12 midday and will be less than 80 miles and ending up in Stirling area while its still light. First and final recce being done on the 13th/14th.

Nenah
2nd November 2004, 09:16 AM

details of the route are NOT going to be published - it can be a surprise on the day!

Starting at Safeway Anniesland (just North of the Clyde tunnel) at 12 midday and will be less than 80 miles and ending up in Stirling area while its still light. First and final recce being done on the 13th/14th.

Ohhh! I love surprises! :DLooking forward to your run!! :cool:

Scottie
2nd November 2004, 05:46 PM

As long as there is no speed bumps along the way.:disapprove:

Craig
3rd November 2004, 04:15 AM
Rob (and his wee secret committee:p).

If you want to eat somewhere in Stirling Town Centre, I can see if we can park the cars at my work, which is safe and only a 5 min walk into the town??

Let me know if your interested and I'll see what I can do..

Cheers

Craig

lightbody
3rd November 2004, 05:13 AM
Committee wouldn't have been quite so wee or secret if you'd stayed on for chips on Sunday ;)

Will try to avoid speedbumps!

Craig - will get back to you ASAP.

Heather
3rd November 2004, 08:42 AM

Committee wouldn't have been quite so wee or secret if you'd stayed on for chips on Sunday ;)

(humble pie being eaten on the southside)

Craig
4th November 2004, 02:28 AM
oops....sorry Rob <note to self - eat more junk food...>

smiler
4th November 2004, 08:04 AM
Craig

Do you know how to get to the starting point:question: If so can you give me directions, as I would like to follow, but might get lost:I

Cheers:)

Big sis

Craig
5th November 2004, 09:42 PM
Big sis,

the "secret committee" have not yet released that info......

We will just have to be patient..:D

Smurf
5th November 2004, 09:49 PM
Craig - start point was listed on the previous page - the car park of Safeway in Anniesland (west-central Glasgow) at high noon......

Smurf - 'secret committee' member!

Burple
5th November 2004, 10:53 PM
Put Me an' Flick down for this one too after all!! :D:p

Now we just have to argue about erm.. DECIDE which car we're bringing!! ;);):p:p:D:D

The Dogfather
5th November 2004, 10:55 PM
Can you stick me down as a maybe, will confirm nearer the time.....

Any excuse to take the MINI out!!!

Craig
6th November 2004, 02:53 AM

Craig - start point was listed on the previous page - the car park of Safeway in Anniesland (west-central Glasgow) at high noon......

Smurf - 'secret committee' member!

DUUUUHHHHH! Stupit Craig....

Just trying to locate this Tesco as I don't really know Glasgow and always get lost. Looked on the Tesco website and the closest one to Anniesland is the one on Maryhill Road - is that the one??

thanks

Craig (who can't read very well..;)

Smurf
6th November 2004, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Just trying to locate this Tesco as I don't really know Glasgow and always get lost. Looked on the Tesco website and the closest one to Anniesland is the one on Maryhill Road - is that the one??

thanks

Craig, it's SAFEWAY......

Just off the BIG SCARY Anniesland junction towards Bearsden. Bearsden Road. For example, if you come North through the Clyde Tunnel, you're on the A739 (Crow Road). Follow this to Anniesland junction, go straight on, next set of lights turn right and you're in the car park!

Hope this helps! :)

Smiler - are you SURE you wanna follow him?!?!

Craig
7th November 2004, 02:30 AM

thanks

Just off the BIG SCARY Anniesland junction towards Bearsden. Bearsden Road. For example, if you come North through the Clyde Tunnel, you're on the A739 (Crow Road). Follow this to Anniesland junction, go straight on, next set of lights turn right and you're in the car park!

<TAXI ! TAXI FOR DAVIES>

thanks for the directions.

Craig

Craig
7th November 2004, 02:42 AM

thanks

<TAXI !! TAXI FOR CRAIG>

What a week I've had.....nevermind, time for BEER!

thanks for the directions.

Craig

lightbody
9th November 2004, 06:56 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone would mind if some Classic Minis turned up for this too - invited by NMS like...

Smurf
9th November 2004, 05:48 PM
Well, the Mini Clan invited NMS to the Hadrian's Wall run - so it might be nice to return the favour?

Unless there is anyone who seriously objects! :)

Scottie
9th November 2004, 05:56 PM
That's fine by me. I'm just WORRIED about finding my way to Safeway I only know how to get to charing cross and buchanan street car park. What junction do I want.

Burple
9th November 2004, 07:22 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone would mind if some Classic Minis turned up for this too - invited by NMS like...

Hell no... get them along!! The more the merrier!

Oh... wait... unless it's some of those dodgy clan members who were on that solstice run thing a while back, causing chaos and 'acquiring' souvenirs and ned-baiting in the Co-op car park!!!!! :p;););):D:D
And get that numpty to tie his exhaust on better this time!! ;):D
snigger snigger...

Only kidding... Definitely the more the merrier!! :D:D

smiler
10th November 2004, 06:17 AM
Smurf

Not SURE whether following craigd is a good idea :eek: but, it's the only help I've got being driver and co-pilot!:D

Your directions sounded quite simple, we will see on the day:cool:

Smurf
10th November 2004, 06:41 AM

That's fine by me. I'm just WORRIED about finding my way to Safeway I only know how to get to charing cross and buchanan street car park. What junction do I want.

It appears to be junction 25 on the M8, ScottieCoop.
I would try to follow signs for the A739 and the Clyde Tunnel. I'm assuming you'll be heading west along the M8, and will therefore be going north through the Clyde Tunnel.

Try this-
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=254748&y=668785&z=1&sv=crow+road&st=6&tl=Crow+Road,+Glasgow,+G_13&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf
and zoom out a bit to see where you are.

Hope this helps!
Smurf

Scottie
10th November 2004, 08:41 AM

It appears to be junction 25 on the M8, ScottieCoop.
I would try to follow signs for the A739 and the Clyde Tunnel. I'm assuming you'll be heading west along the M8, and will therefore be going north through the Clyde Tunnel.

Try this-
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=254748&y=668785&z=1&sv=crow+road&st=6&tl=Crow+Road,+Glasgow,+G_13&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf
and zoom out a bit to see where you are.

Hope this helps!
Smurf

Ok I know great western road and I think there's a set of traffic lights with a petrol station and then I'm onto Crow road.

If all else fails I've got the SatNav and will follow that.

Smurf
10th November 2004, 09:21 PM
There is a store finder here -
http://www.safeway.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi?000010000002&location=000010
which might help those of you who may be a little lost.
Type in Anniesland, pick the name which says Glasgow City from the list which pops up, the address with postcode (for SatNav users) appears at the top of the list, click on the button for a map.

Sorted! :D

lightbody
14th November 2004, 08:47 AM
Vaila, Archie, my friend Rob and I today did a full recce - more details to be released tomorrow! We had beautiful weather and stunning scenery - I only hope its something like as good in 2 weeks time!

Mileage for the run is around 90 miles.

lightbody
15th November 2004, 04:22 AM
Breaking with convention slightly, here's some pictures of the event BEFORE its even happened!!
They were taken yesterday by Vaila on the recce.

Think of them as teasers to encourage you to come along and some
non-subtle hints as to where we might be going and ending up!! Route
is twisty, on some very minor roads, and the emphasis will not be
on speed! About 90 miles or so.

http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0449E.jpghttp://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0455E.jpg
http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0456E.jpghttp://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0458E.jpg
http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0466E.jpghttp://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0467E.jpg
http://www.roblightbody.com/pics/IMG_0470E.jpg

ny152
15th November 2004, 08:49 AM
Looking good Rob :)

sleepyrascal
15th November 2004, 09:23 AM
Sorry, i have to be annoying and be put down as a maybe if thats ok. I will confirm if im coming for sure ASAP!! just need to sort out time off.

CHEEEEERRRRSSS

X30YES
18th November 2004, 01:47 AM
Not going to make this one Rob,I'll be offshore

Nenah
18th November 2004, 06:17 PM
Sorry folks, I'll be working an event this weekend so I'm now unable to make the run - sorry! Looks like it will be a great run - have fun!

The Dogfather
19th November 2004, 03:54 AM
Nenah - Would you like me to take your motor down, just to give it some exercise?

Nenah
19th November 2004, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Nenah - Would you like me to take your motor down, just to give it some exercise?

Cheeky! :clown: I dont think you'd want to drive her she needs a good wash - someone wrote "Dirty Women!" on the back window today! :eek: I think Winnie needs a rest as I had two flat front tyres today and just had my alloys bashed back from square to round all from the Inverness run - she's looking a little worse for wear at the moment...but hey, thanks for the offer!! :D

Duncan Stewart
19th November 2004, 05:52 PM
Put me down please :D . I think I have managed to talk my way out of the 21st Birthday party preperations - I just have to be back in time for the Party at night :p

Big Col
22nd November 2004, 06:49 PM
Damm!t I totally forgot about this run. I think I'm rapidly turning into Wul as I might not be able to make this one as it's my Big Bro's birthday today and there's a family do this weekend. :(

Craig
23rd November 2004, 02:23 AM
Anybody travelling from the Central area want to meet up for the run through to Glasgow (also if 1 gets lost, we all do!:D)

Suggest meeting at the Falkirk Wheel Car Park next to the Falkirk/Denny/Bonnybridge road at 11:15hrs.

Craig

Scottie
23rd November 2004, 04:50 AM

Anybody travelling from the Central area want to meet up for the run through to Glasgow (also if 1 gets lost, we all do!:D)

Suggest meeting at the Falkirk Wheel Car Park next to the Falkirk/Denny/Bonnybridge road at 11:15hrs.

Craig

We will be leaving from Larbert and could meet up no probs.

Duncan Stewart
23rd November 2004, 05:57 PM
Sounds good to me. Will avoid me getting lost! :D

lightbody
24th November 2004, 06:20 AM
Weather looks like it *might* be OK on Saturday! Fingers crossed etc...!

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 06:28 AM
Rob, I might not be able to make this run. I've got an opportunity to borrow a workshop to get my S bumpers fitted this won't be confirmed until Friday.

If I'm not fitting them I'll be there.

lightbody
25th November 2004, 03:10 AM
'Who's coming' list on first page of this post has been updated. I've cross-posted to the Clan's board so they know your meeting up point in Falkirk - expect a few Classics to meet you there!

sleepyrascal
25th November 2004, 03:31 AM
I have to work on Saturday. Nightmare! So im out folks. SOrry!!

Scottie
25th November 2004, 06:33 PM
Are we eating @ Stirling when the run is finished

Mini Martyn
25th November 2004, 06:51 PM
Hey guy, what time you meeting I might come along and wave you off, as i am playing rugby on saturday and wont be able to go!!

Burple
26th November 2004, 12:27 AM

Craig

Put us down for that too big man...
We'll see you there! (Coming from Musselburgh) :D

ny152
26th November 2004, 02:58 AM

I think Rob is leaving this up to individuals now.
Personally I might well head through to a cracking wee chippie in Bridge of Allan, so if anyone wants to join in with that after they're welcome :).

smiler
26th November 2004, 04:09 AM
Rob

I'm really sorry but I am going to have to pull out of Saturday as I am a little under the weather:(.

Hope you have a great run:).

Lesley.

Craig
26th November 2004, 04:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

I think Rob is leaving this up to individuals now.
Personally I might well head through to a cracking wee chippie in Bridge of Allan, so if anyone wants to join in with that after they're welcome :).

Allen, I think that would be a good shout - Allanwater Cafe I take it you mean at the end of the town. The do the BEST fish and chips!!:D

Craig
26th November 2004, 04:27 AM
List of runners meeting at Falkirk Wheel Car Park (it's the one on the Camelon side right next to the main road between falkirk/denny/bonnybridge - if you need directions, email me.)

Craig
Duncan S
Scottiecoop
Low_n_Loud
minime?

Please update if your joining us for the run through to Glasgow.

cheers

Craig

Smurf
26th November 2004, 04:57 AM
As far as eating at the end of the run goes, I thought it was always going to be everyone for themselves. Some folk may want to head off, some may want Fish & Chips, some may want a 5 course silver service.....

I'm sure we can all do our own thing when the time comes. There's plenty of choice in Stirling, and enough people taking part with a smidgin of local knowledge to make some suggestions.

:D See you all on Saturday!

GAJ
26th November 2004, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately neither Tribalmini nor I will make the run on Saturday. :(

Heather is not very well just now and although we had hoped that she would be a bit better and able to come along for at least part of the run, things haven't worked out that way and she was taken back into hospital today. I hope you all have fun, we were looking forward to it, Saturday is my birthday!

lightbody
26th November 2004, 07:28 AM
Please send Heather our best wishes! Hope she gets better very soon.

GAJ
26th November 2004, 10:24 AM

Please send Heather our best wishes! Hope she gets better very soon.

Will do Rob!

Scottie
26th November 2004, 05:21 PM

As far as eating at the end of the run goes, I thought it was always going to be everyone for themselves. Some folk may want to head off, some may want Fish & Chips, some may want a 5 course silver service.....

I'm sure we can all do our own thing when the time comes. There's plenty of choice in Stirling, and enough people taking part with a smidgin of local knowledge to make some suggestions.

:D See you all on Saturday!

Wasn't sure. That's fine.:cool:

Scottie
26th November 2004, 05:24 PM

List of runners meeting at Falkirk Wheel Car Park (it's the one on the Camelon side right next to the main road between falkirk/denny/bonnybridge - if you need directions, email me.)

Craig
Duncan S
Scottiecoop
Low_n_Loud
minime?

cheers

Craig

Craig I know I stay in Larbert but I'm lost only every been at the carpark at the actual wheel.

I take it we go through Camelon and turn up to Bonnybridge at the new roundabout then I'm lost.

HELP.:question:

Craig
26th November 2004, 09:22 PM

Craig
Duncan S
Scottiecoop
Low_n_Loud
minime?

cheers

Craig

Craig I know I stay in Larbert but I'm lost only every been at the carpark at the actual wheel.

I take it we go through Camelon and turn up to Bonnybridge at the new roundabout then I'm lost.

HELP.:question:

Fiona, I take it you will be coming from Larbert Cross and then along past the Bus Garage and Falkirk Golf Club. Turn right at the roundabout and follow this road straight out past Alexanders the Bus Builder and the Nissan/Rover/Subaru Garage and you will then pass under the 2 railway bridges. At the next roundabout turn left and it is the car park on the right. If you go through the lochlands industrial estate, when you come out onto the main road, turn left, up to the roundabout, take the second exit and you are at the same car park.

Hope this helps - if not, email me and I will send you my mobile no, if you get lost.

cheers

Craig

Smurf
28th November 2004, 04:29 AM
We're at home now, drying off.

Smurf had a good day, despite my best attempts at driving off the road every time the phone rang, or someone shouted at me on the walkie-talkie!

And despite Archie's moans about getting wet (the sunroof leaks like a seive apparently...) Orville enjoyed himself too. Well he is a duck, I suppose!

A good day was had by all - thanks Rob.
:D:cool::D

The Dogfather
28th November 2004, 06:39 AM
Back home in Turriff (380 mile round trip) slightly deaf thanks to my exhaust! Great day out just a shame the weather was so wet. Cheers Rob!

Hope to see you all again next month in Pitlochry...

Nenah
28th November 2004, 06:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Back home in Turriff (380 mile round trip) slightly deaf thanks to my exhaust! Great day out just a shame the weather was so wet. Cheers Rob!

Hope to see you all again next month in Pitlochry...

How did the reccie go Paul?:)

Scottie
28th November 2004, 08:21 AM
Rob,

Good run the Callander to Comrie road was superb my mini loved it. The swim at Kinbuck gave the underneath of the car a good clean.

ny152
28th November 2004, 09:31 AM
Good run Rob, just sorry I had to leave halfway through :(.

Pity it rained so much as well, but the big splashes looked impressive!

Nice to see Duncan out dodging birthday parties and Mr LnL keeping up his timekeeping standards...

lightbody
28th November 2004, 09:15 PM
I had a lot of fun too! I actually started to enjoy the huge puddles and puoring rain - it added a bit of excitment - especially when turning down the wrong road... ahem!

Interested in any feedback - positive or negative!

Mini Me
29th November 2004, 01:20 AM
There will come a time ,when one of these runs will fall on ma weekend off(i live and hope):p

Craig
29th November 2004, 01:30 AM
Rob/Vaila/Archie and the other Rob,

Well done for a well organised run and for making sure it rained as we get far too many runs in the Scottish Sunshine:cool:

The roads were fantastic, if a bit flooded in places. Would have updated earlier, but had to go to bed early last night as I was up at 06:45hrs this morning :eek: to go to a car boot sale!!! on a sunday!!!

see some of you in a couple of weeks in Pitlochry...:D

Duncan Stewart
29th November 2004, 05:09 AM
Fantastic day out. Great route and it just got better as the day went on. Good to catch up with folk and meet new ones. It was excellent having the Mini clan & NMS out together with a mix of all ages of Minis :D.
Well done to the organisers
Piccies
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864647.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864640.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864632.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864624.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864608.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864544.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/74864531.jpg

The Dogfather
29th November 2004, 05:12 AM
Rob/Duncan - Do you want to let the Clan members know about the Blair Atholl (Pitlochry) Gathering?

Happy to have them along!

ny152
29th November 2004, 09:24 AM
Just added some more pictures of the day at www.ny152.co.uk - look under Stirling Run album.

Gives you an idea how wet it was :)

ELFMAN
29th November 2004, 06:18 PM
Rob and Team,
Thanks for all the hard work organising the run - it was great despite the monsoon conditions. The on-road car-washes (big puddles) were a great idea!

The 'Special Stages' gave the cars and drivers a good work out, and Stirling Castle was really atmospheric - wonder what the torchlit Wedding Party procession would have thought if we'd all arrived while they were walking up the hill....Divorce probably. The food in Stirling was good too!

Got home in one piece, managed to get the car cleaned on Sunday.... that's THREE HOURS washing this weekend! Winter. Mud..Salt - don't you love it?

See y'all soon.

Burple
30th November 2004, 07:09 PM
Well Done to all the organisers for this one too!!
You can't help the weather, but the rain made it more 'interesting'!!! :D:D:D

Just need some time to wash my Brown car now!!! ;);):D:D:D

Big Col
30th November 2004, 07:14 PM
:eek: What happened to the MINI in the 2nd Pic Goldmini???

KAH
30th November 2004, 11:43 PM
Been Keepin out of the Meets section so i dont get to upset at not being able to attend...had a quick look at the pick from this and Have now doubled my efforts to be back in MINI ownership....looked wet...but looked great!!!!!!

ny152
1st December 2004, 02:43 AM
It was either the hallucinogenics or the raindrops on the windscreen that caused it.... :p

quote:Originally posted by Big Col
:eek: What happened to the MINI in the 2nd Pic Goldmini???

lightbody
1st December 2004, 07:32 AM
Incidentally, we had 18 cars on the day by my reckoning - not too shabby at all considering the bleak weather! Glad everyone enjoyed it... will do it again sometime!

Heather
2nd December 2004, 01:02 AM
Looked like a great run, sorry to have missed it:( Great pics though, good to see some of the clanners there too.