PDA

View Full Version : 1320 - Great Service

jdl_1967
20th January 2017, 10:22 AM
I was down at 1320 this week for some mapping on my R53.

Thomas was brilliant, what a great service they provide. Not only do they complete the work to a great standard, they talk through everything in an easy to understand simplified fashion so that even a buffoon like me understands what's happening.

They're a long way from Scotland, but so worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
20th January 2017, 11:09 AM
I was down at 1320 this week for some mapping on my R53.

Thomas was brilliant, what a great service they provide. Not only do they complete the work to a great standard, they talk through everything in an easy to understand simplified fashion so that even a buffoon like me understands what's happening.

They're a long way from Scotland, but so worth the effort.

We met the guys from1320 last year at MITP great guys and not a bad word spoke about them and they certainly helped Eddie out no problems ,how long did it take you to go down and did you stay overnight

Craig
20th January 2017, 11:20 AM
Great stuff John - mind and give that car a wash [emoji12]

jdl_1967
20th January 2017, 11:36 AM
We met the guys from1320 last year at MITP great guys and not a bad word spoke about them and they certainly helped Eddie out no problems ,how long did it take you to go down and did you stay overnight

I've got friends nearby, so tied it in with a visit.

If you're lucky with traffic, it's about 5 hours from Stirling.

Their unit is out of this world, you could probably build numerous Minis from all their bits. Fabulous guys as you say that give honest advice on what you need, or don't if they think it's not actually the right way to go, even if it means you not actually spending money.

I'm returning in the summer for a load of chassis work.

MINI William
20th January 2017, 12:05 PM
Great John. You only ever seem to hear good reports about 1320.

We met the guys at MITP last year and they seem top of their game

Fraser-OFG
20th January 2017, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear it was worth the trip for you John

M600-RKJ
20th January 2017, 12:36 PM
Had my car tuned last year got a stage 2 tune and they sorted out some other little niggles. Couldnt recommend the guys enough was well worth traveling 500 miles for the service they provide its no wonder they get customers from all over europe

Mon the fish
20th January 2017, 04:23 PM
9 hours drive for me and it's only them I wanted to do the cam & tune on mine. Great guys

jdl_1967
20th January 2017, 04:54 PM
9 hours drive for me and it's only them I wanted to do the cam & tune on mine. Great guys

Thanks for your words of wisdom that steered my decision to visit 1320.

Mon the fish
20th January 2017, 05:35 PM
Thanks for your words of wisdom that steered my decision to visit 1320.

No problem. It feels like I was there ages ago, and that I've had the tune on my car forever. It was only after you asked that I realised I've done less than 3000 miles in the three years since!

Eddie
20th January 2017, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere else.

jdl_1967
20th January 2017, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Hi Eddie, they did mention you, Rob and Davy when I was there. It's great that they actually remember people. I really like that aspect of the way they do business.

stoney
21st January 2017, 12:23 PM
Yep fantastic guys i would not go any where elce for my R53 !!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Eddie
21st January 2017, 02:14 PM
Lol. Yeah am in close contact with tom as I need to keep an eye on his brother scott ha ha ��

CiderFex
21st January 2017, 03:05 PM
The only words of advice that I'll give to anyone going to 1320 are these:

Do NOT throw anything for Alan to fetch or you'll be at it for hours.
[emoji30]
.....I learnt the hard way.
[emoji23]

M600-RKJ
21st January 2017, 03:09 PM
The only words of advice that I'll give to anyone going to 1320 are these:

Do NOT throw anything for Alan to fetch or you'll be at it for hours.
[emoji30]
.....I learnt the hard way.
[emoji23]

Been there haha that dog never gets tired haha.

CiderFex
21st January 2017, 07:58 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

EcosseGP
22nd January 2017, 01:35 AM
I've never used 1320 but I'll happily recommend them after chatting to the lads at MITP last year. A great bunch of guys (with lovely families too) who are down to earth people. They know their stuff and know what works/ doesn't work and are open and honest about it too. Hats off to them and long may their great reputation continue... maybe they could open a Scottish branch and save us some travelling although I know they'd be a few bank managers squirming ...

maxibaby
24th January 2017, 08:43 AM
Take mine to 1320 unless it's for an oil change! Though it is only about 2 hours 20 from me, M25 dependant.
Thomas and Scott are great, helpful, really know their stuff and don't offer or recommend anything that is unnecessary!
They've done my coilovers, 17% pulley, Janspeed manifold, Tomcat, bypass valve, cam/injectors/map...etc
Really rate them![emoji106]

EcosseGP
9th March 2017, 08:54 PM
Massive thanks to Paul and the lads at 1320 today for pointing me in the right direction with the R53. Not looking for "sales" but just a bit of advice goes a long way in my book. Excellent service and managed to get them ringing first time ! Keep up the great work [emoji106]

MINI William
9th March 2017, 09:10 PM
Massive thanks to Paul and the lads at 1320 today for pointing me in the right direction with the R53. Not looking for "sales" but just a bit of advice goes a long way in my book. Excellent service and managed to get them ringing first time ! Keep up the great work [emoji106]

Great Davy. Always seem to hear good things about them

Eddie
12th March 2017, 11:54 AM
I was booked in for middle of April but have developed noise from pulley area so forwarded my appointment to 23rd n 24th this month. Yeah I usually book them for 2full days at a time lol. Having the fx500fitted with flywheel, oil, filter, beltplugs etc etc, might need another blower if it's that what making the noise. Think it could be. And also have some jcw side skirts there to be fitted and am still debating if I want the front n back bumpers too 👍

- - - Updated - - -

Then obviously more mapping n tuning. Hope to see over the 300whp.

jdl_1967
12th March 2017, 12:16 PM
I was booked in for middle of April but have developed noise from pulley area so forwarded my appointment to 23rd n 24th this month. Yeah I usually book them for 2full days at a time lol. Having the fx500fitted with flywheel, oil, filter, beltplugs etc etc, might need another blower if it's that what making the noise. Think it could be. And also have some jcw side skirts there to be fitted and am still debating if I want the front n back bumpers too [emoji106]

- - - Updated - - -

They'll be pleased to see you Eddie, they like you. I like a business that knows / remembers their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eddie
12th March 2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks John

MINI William
13th March 2017, 02:46 PM
I was booked in for middle of April but have developed noise from pulley area so forwarded my appointment to 23rd n 24th this month. Yeah I usually book them for 2full days at a time lol. Having the fx500fitted with flywheel, oil, filter, beltplugs etc etc, might need another blower if it's that what making the noise. Think it could be. And also have some jcw side skirts there to be fitted and am still debating if I want the front n back bumpers too 

- - - Updated - - -

You'd be better to go turbo or Rotrex

Mon the fish
13th March 2017, 05:46 PM
300whp is (from memory) unchartered territory for an M45 - think 280whp is about the most someone has ever had. It's just not that efficient at the speed it's being asked to spin at.

Never mind the fact that that's a lot of power for FWD