PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Car

maxibaby
9th January 2017, 04:23 PM
Hi,
I've got a friend who is looking at a MINI as a car. He used to have one in the 1990's and has also seen mine and as his daughter has left home with his car, he's looking at a replacement!
He lives on Overtown and as you good folk of NMS are much nearer than me, I wonder if you may be able to point him in the direction of something suitable?
Firstly, he's not really interested in cars, per se, so performance, mods etc aren't his bag.
He is looking to spend no more than £8.5k and rather likes the look of this pale blue MINI One:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612060368647?search-target=usedcars&region=scotland&county=south-lanarkshire&town=hamilton&dpp=douglas-park-mini-hamilton-hamilton-dpp-938956&price-to=8500&sort=default&dealer=938956&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&postcode=ml20rz&adPos=6
I've given him a rundown of models, Gens 1/2/3 and when they changed over. I'm waiting for him to give me a list of likes/dislikes, but the above may be the sort of thing he's after.
Any pointers/help/good or bad dealers Etc would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I've given him links to the Forum and FB page, though it may not be his thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
9th January 2017, 05:31 PM
If he's not interested in performance/mods etc, the wee blue One in the link looks Ok, average miles for year, should be affordable to insure/run and is standard with no big alloys/tyres to cost extra money - and it's a Mini, so it'll be fun! I've used the dealer (Douglas Park Mini in Hamilton) since 2001 for my three Minis and always found them fine to deal with, but that's just my personal experience. Also (fairly) safe buying from recognised dealer as they should be able to give a bit extra peace of mind. DP also have a big forecourt full of pre-owned Minis, so as well as choice, there's maybe a bit of 'haggle-room' on price, particularly if he's paying cash?

DigitalLemming
9th January 2017, 05:39 PM
He's actually not all the far from me :thumbs up:

Theres a couple of main dealers close by, the nearest Harry Fairbairn (site sponsor) to him is in Giffnock, Glasgow might be worth popping up to see them although I'm not sure what sort of used stock they hold.

http://www.harryfairbairngiffnockmini.co.uk/approved-used-mini/?redirected=true

The blue one is about a 2 minute drive from mine, I've dealt with the dealer for servicing only so can't really say on the sales side of things.

maxibaby
10th January 2017, 01:38 AM
Thanks for your helpful comments, I'll certainly pass them on and he can start looking, slamming doors, kicking tyres etc![emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk