PDA

View Full Version : NOT going for it......

Linda M
23rd May 2003, 11:02 PM
Bit depressed but I'm biting the bullet on the works kit for Daisy.

Was at the dealers this week and it has been delayed 'yet' again and they are now quoting mid to late July but it would be August before they could fit it :eek: I've had it on order since March !!!!

Always at the back of my mind were my future plans for Daisy which is to trade her in next year and get a 'fully loaded' JCW 'S' with different colour spec etc. So I have now decided that it wouldn't be worth getting the kit, IF it had been there in April I would've got it fitted with no doubts but with the delay it's put me off.

KenL
23rd May 2003, 11:06 PM
You've made the right decision I think Linda.

Does Willie know you're buying a fully loaded works S ???

Linda M
23rd May 2003, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

You've made the right decision I think Linda.
Does Willie know you're buying a fully loaded works S ???
He does now Ken :evil::D

3GGG
24th May 2003, 01:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Bit depressed but I'm biting the bullet on the works kit for Daisy.
Always at the back of my mind were my future plans for Daisy which is to trade her in next year and get a 'fully loaded' JCW 'S' with different colour spec etc.

Nice one Linda :p

I am glad my wife is the of the low maintenance variety :):D:D

Been expensive enough this week with the bumper repair and a new exhaust for Pat's car...:dead:

GAJ
24th May 2003, 06:18 AM
I'm even luckier, Cheryl can't drive!

Willie M
25th May 2003, 06:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I'm even luckier, Cheryl can't drive!
Hmmmmm.. Perhaps we could get Cheryl to give Linda 'not driving' lessons ;)
Might help save me a bob or two :blackeye:

Gismo
28th May 2003, 07:12 AM
Well, i can see a lots been happening since i've been away, sorry to hear about the non arrival of the JCW package, i'm not totally surprised though, their service is very poor and the customer relations are pathetic.

You just couldn't get away with it with any other product, ah well, theres always the Hartge ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
1st June 2003, 08:03 PM
Have you told the dealer yet Linda M ? I was speaking to one of the sales guys at Menzies about Newminiscotland yesterday and he mentioned you and Willie and said your kit was coming in next week !!!!!! Better check me thinks !! I'm from Falkirk (well Larbert actually) too but I've not seen you scooting about yet. I'll give you a wave when I do.

Linda M
1st June 2003, 10:53 PM
Hmmm, news to me Gordy :question: I hadn't told them just yet as I'm still trying hard to convince myself and thought I had plenty of time to do that :I I'll pop in next week. Good to have another local on board. What is your MINI like ?? So we can keep an eye out for you :cool: Are you not wanting to come on the Cruise next weekend ??

Big Gordy
2nd June 2003, 07:55 PM
Our Mini One is Chilli red, 17" 'S'wheels + chrome trim. You can't miss the number plate, It's S 15HY S. My wife's name is Ishbel and her nickname is ISHY so hence the number. Was hoping to join you on this weekends run work permitting. I'm looking for recommendations re air-filters/SS exhausts for future mods. I'm sure you lot have loads of ideas that I could tap into !!!!

Linda M
3rd June 2003, 02:10 AM
Now I can keep an eye out for you :)

Gordy, if you want to come on the Cruise could you let me know ASAP as space is VERY limited. You would have to sign up on the main thread which is on the MINI2 website under meetings UK.