PDA

View Full Version : Interesting MINIs in your locale?

a11y
6th January 2017, 06:10 PM
Yes MINIs are all over the place nowadays, but there's always those particular MINIs which stand out (in a good way) that I spot locally. You know the ones I mean: especially well looked after, nicely modded, generally just nice. The ones which give the impression of a more enthusiast owner.

Does anyone else other than me have any of these 'interesting' MINIs in their locale?

There are 2 within 1/2 mile of me which stand out:

1) MINI GP mk1, very tidy and nice private plate, car is numbered GP007 although the decals are on the side rear window rather than on roof so not sure what's going on there.

2) MINI Coupe Cooper S, red with black roof, black parallel bonnet stripes, *** MCS reg plate.

I'm not brazen enough to just wander up and speak to the owners, but would be nice if they turned out to be NMS folk too :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
6th January 2017, 08:12 PM
There is a GP1 and a GP2 in our wee town just outside Aberdeen, both are very well kept. Mr King's old red R56 FJCW is local and most of the time it's in good nick. I like it simply because it's a stock Chili Red/Black FJCW and for me is one of the best colour combos/models ever made.

EcosseGP
6th January 2017, 08:24 PM
GP0007 isn't an NMS member but has registered as a GPOC member. The owner stays in Falkirk I'll say no more. Don't know the other one off hand but I'm sure I'd recognise it I know and see most in the central belt even if they don't see me.

Cerbera
6th January 2017, 08:46 PM
Would it be worth getting some NMS calling cards made to put on any Mini's we see that might be interested?

As for interesting Mini's I only really see a red and white R50 in the street I work, it has a loud exhaust and a Foose sticker on it

badwolf340
6th January 2017, 09:46 PM
Would it be worth getting some NMS calling cards made to put on any Mini's we see that might be interested?

As for interesting Mini's I only really see a red and white R50 in the street I work, it has a loud exhaust and a Foose sticker on it
We do have them next time we see you ,we will get you sorted out

MINI William
6th January 2017, 10:27 PM

This is something we already have, can give you some at the next meet.

Cerbera
6th January 2017, 11:44 PM
Perfect, thanks guys

Blueboy
7th January 2017, 08:15 AM
There's a young couple not long moved into our street and the girl has a beautiful grey coloured works car 16 plate I'm sure

a11y
7th January 2017, 08:08 PM
GP0007 isn't an NMS member but has registered as a GPOC member. The owner stays in Falkirk I'll say no more. Don't know the other one off hand but I'm sure I'd recognise it I know and see most in the central belt even if they don't see me.
Yep I won't be giving away exact locations. Great looking MINI that GP1. Plate it wears was previously on their lovely Merc 190e 2.3 16v which unfortunately hadn't moved in years.

Not that interesting but I've got a doppelgänger in my own street: neighbour 2 doors down got a F56 Cooper that looks very similar to my R56 Cooper S: white silver, black roof/mirrors, black wheels. Just missing the stripes and spots. Quite amusing as I reckon they probably had theirs ordered before I turned up in mine. Only 2 MINIs in the street too and they're nearly matching, typical.

CiderFex
8th January 2017, 01:20 AM
I live in a village of less than 300 people and there's two Cooper S's, a Cooper D, one MINI of unknown model and a Countryman.
If you add 1499 onto the mix that's 2% of all cars, if everyone owned a car.
Once you take away children and folk who don't drive that's gotta be upped to a least 10% !!!
[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianking
10th January 2017, 01:40 PM
There is a GP1 and a GP2 in our wee town just outside Aberdeen, both are very well kept. Mr King's old red R56 FJCW is local and most of the time it's in good nick. I like it simply because it's a stock Chili Red/Black FJCW and for me is one of the best colour combos/models ever made.

Really, my old YL08MUC. I loved that car. Nice to hear its being well kept. I owned that car pre wife and pre child so I had plenty time to keep it nice. It used to belong to a woman in Galashiels but she always had the car looking quite rough.

N16SHP
11th January 2017, 02:04 PM
Really, my old YL08MUC. I loved that car. Nice to hear its being well kept. I owned that car pre wife and pre child so I had plenty time to keep it nice. It used to belong to a woman in Galashiels but she always had the car looking quite rough.

Yup, that's the one. I always remembered the plate as I found it ironic that it was spotless but had the letters MUC on the plate (might just be me haha). Will try and snap a pic next time I see it. I believe you had a thread on it where you gave it a full detail and it's what kick started my passion for detailing. Jeez, sounds like I'm away to ask for your autograph Ian lol!

Craig
11th January 2017, 03:06 PM
You wanna get a room With Ian Neil ? [emoji23]

N16SHP
11th January 2017, 09:53 PM
You wanna get a room With Ian Neil ? [emoji23]

I know Craig. I'd go as far as saying Ian is my hero :moonie:

Craig
11th January 2017, 09:54 PM
Ha ha :)