PDA

View Full Version : First wave

fourteenthstar
6th January 2017, 05:32 PM
I got my first wave on the first day out driving my Mini! I was on Woodside Way in Glenrothes turning in to my work so it was over before I had time to actually give a full on wave back!! It was from a very cheery looking dude driving a sky blue Mini, looked like a Cooper but I could be wrong!!

If you are on here, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to wave back - try again next time ;) :cool:

Blueboy
7th January 2017, 08:08 AM
I live in Glenrothes and have a unit in Markinch next to the Co-op where I do valeting and sell the odd car, I have a blue clubman and my friend has a toffee brown clubman which he keeps there and I give it a run now and then to keep the battery charged. If I see you I'll give you a wave :thumbs up:

fourteenthstar
7th January 2017, 08:44 AM
I live in Glenrothes and have a unit in Markinch next to the Co-op where I do valeting and sell the odd car, I have a blue clubman and my friend has a toffee brown clubman which he keeps there and I give it a run now and then to keep the battery charged. If I see you I'll give you a wave :thumbs up:

Brilliant, I live 2 mins from there [emoji3]see you around I'm sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
7th January 2017, 09:32 AM
Always good when someone waves

New car?

scottch
7th January 2017, 12:43 PM
We live just a few miles away - all the mini's (4 of them) have NMS stickers on them. Will wave if we see you :-D

fourteenthstar
7th January 2017, 03:07 PM
Fab, will look out for you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueboy
8th January 2017, 01:15 AM
Always good when someone waves

New car?

Yeah bought it on Hogmany, went up to Nairn for it a diesel. Nice car got it good price hasn't been through the workshop yet and needs brakes, discs serviced etc. Quite well specced don't know if its a keeper as trying to save for Bruces Clubman which will be up for sale soon after his feature photo shoot

ELFMAN
7th February 2017, 12:08 PM
As William said, it's great when Mini folks wave. Back in the 'early days' there was a whole lot of waving, flashing and mutual greeting going on, but that seems to have almost died out now. I still tend to give other Minis a wave, but most of them just look blankly or as if I'm mental... which I am. I rarely flash these days, as it contravenes the Court Order.

fourteenthstar
7th February 2017, 12:09 PM
As William said, it's great when Mini folks wave. Back in the 'early days' there was a whole lot of waving, flashing and mutual greeting going on, but that seems to have almost died out now. I still tend to give other Minis a wave, but most of them just look blankly or as if I'm mental... which I am. I rarely flash these days, as it contravenes the Court Order.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Gordy
7th February 2017, 01:16 PM
As William said, it's great when Mini folks wave. Back in the 'early days' there was a whole lot of waving, flashing and mutual greeting going on, but that seems to have almost died out now.

I think as the MINI has become more popular these day, and not so unique a sight on the road, the waving seems to have died away which is a pity. All the scooby and landrover defender guys all still flash and wave though which makes the mini waving thing dying even stranger.....:thud: