PDA

View Full Version : R56 Front seats.

ACowan26
4th January 2017, 03:27 PM
Hi there.
I've got two bucket style seats sitting in my garage and I was hoping to put them to use in my R56 Mini Cooper S.
Does anybody know how to overcome the seat sensor and airbag warning lights coming on. Do you get any plug in adapters that cancel the warning lights from coming on or is there not a way to fit front seats that don't have air bags in them?

Many thanks,
A.Cowan

Mon the fish
4th January 2017, 07:15 PM
On the R53, the resistors you need are 3.9ohm. 20p or something in Maplins.

Not sure what you need for the R56 but they might well be the same - wouldn't surprise me

R11SGO
4th January 2017, 07:55 PM
these are fitted to mine no probs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fused-3-6-ohm-resistors-X-1-steering-wheel-hub-seat-airbag-removal-BMW-light-SRS-/321308861071?hash=item4acf80228f:g:vmYAAOxyRhBS5vF F

ACowan26
4th January 2017, 09:03 PM
Thanks for all the replies. R11SGO, I have seen these a few times now but I'm puzzled to how they fit into the original plug/wiring loom. Will I need to cut any wiring etc to instal them or is it as simple as fitting them into the plug?

Any pictures/diagrams to highlight how these get installed would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
A.Cowan

Mon the fish
4th January 2017, 10:36 PM
I cut the wire before the connector, and soldered the resistor across the wire. The plan was that this would allow me to reattach the connector if I wanted to put the stock seats back in.

This has slightly gone out the window now the car has a rollcage welded in...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk