PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SQUEEKY SEATS

sleepyrascal
6th October 2004, 08:44 AM
I am being driven mad by the front seats of my 2002 cooper. They have started squeeking constantly!! It's actually more of a creak than a squeek!!

If I slide the seat back or forward sligtly, it stops but starts again after a short while!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!

Has anyone had this problem. How on earth do you fix it? I was tempted to whip the seats and have a look but maybe JC would do it for me??

Any ideas??

Gismo
6th October 2004, 03:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
I was tempted to whip the seats and have a look but maybe JC would do it for me?? Any ideas??
Very John Cleese ;) use a branch, they are the best :p

macblob
6th October 2004, 04:44 PM
Try spraying a bit of teflon based lubricant into the seat mech and onto the runners........worked for me, if you use a wee straw like the ones that come on cans of wd40 etc u can spray the lower mech of the seat by just pulling back the bottom bit of material on the seat.

Having said that I had my driver seat rebuilt twice and a new base put in it.

Wul
6th October 2004, 05:04 PM
I had my seats on my coop replaced twice and rebuilt twice too - a trip to the dealers for you i'm afraid!

GAJ
6th October 2004, 05:13 PM
<Cough> Diet! <Cough!>

Scottie
6th October 2004, 05:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Try spaying a bit

Thought I walked into a Vet Forum:p

macblob
6th October 2004, 06:08 PM
Says spraying as far as i can see :p

Heather
6th October 2004, 06:15 PM
Think it read better as spaying!:p:D

macblob
6th October 2004, 07:09 PM
You would.........nuff said hehehehe :p

sleepyrascal
7th October 2004, 01:06 AM
Poor exercise and diet are not to blame here. Ill try JC. I have an airbag problem too so i'll get it all done at once i guess.

Wul
7th October 2004, 01:22 AM
The airbag problem could be as a result of disturbing the seats! the cables to the side airbags in the seats are notorious for causing the airbag light to come on!

sleepyrascal
7th October 2004, 09:12 AM
Well, I spoke to JC and they seemed to know what the problem was as they knew that it would take one and a half hours to fix. Also had my second oil service today and had a new headlight fitted on warranty. They didnt really say what was wrong with the other one. All I know is the beam is now much better. The old one definately worked. I think it must have just been angled incorrectly or something.