PDA

View Full Version : Carriers/shippers

maxibaby
28th December 2016, 01:03 PM
Hi, does anyone have any experience of shipping an exhaust system around the UK and if so, who did you use please?
I've got my R53 GP JCW deresonated exhaust up for sale and I was talking to somebody in Scotland who was interested.
It's too far to come to Guildford to collect obviously and it's a bulky item that's 2.8m long.
I've not put it up for sale on here for that very reason, but if anyone's interested...[emoji4]
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
28th December 2016, 07:04 PM
Paisley freight are cheap for alloys, I always got the impression they were after the car parts shipping business so maybe worth a try?

stoney
28th December 2016, 08:29 PM
Try this i use it from time to time.
http://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

maxibaby
28th December 2016, 11:51 PM
Cheers for the suggestions! I just think that it's beyond Hermes' capabilities! ;-)

a11y
29th December 2016, 06:46 PM
Just to +1 for Paisley Freight. Used them multiple times for sending alloys and tyres and never had a problem, pretty sure I've seen exhausts listed on their website as a standard item for transit.

maxibaby
29th December 2016, 08:07 PM
Cheers![emoji106]

N16SHP
6th January 2017, 07:48 PM
Slightly late to this one but another +1 for Paisley Freight. Used them twice now and both times they've been mega helpful. I also liked their website as you simply chose the size of the wheels, paid and they were there when they said they would be. Appreciate however this is for an exhaust system, not alloys.

maxibaby
8th January 2017, 12:39 AM
Thanks![emoji106]
It would appear that this potential sale is no longer in the pipeline (not that the chap who's been contacting me and asking for pics, questions and wanting me to organise shipping, has had the common decency to say anything to that effect...)!
I think I saw that he posted his new exhaust fitting on FB today.
It takes all folks I guess.[emoji15]

Blueboy
8th January 2017, 01:04 AM
Used Paisley my self for large car parts and another I use is to post on shiply and folk bid for it. Got a car collected from Newcastle and only cost £150 eventually as folk bid price down