PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

GreyRacer
13th December 2016, 07:13 PM
When I took delivery of my F54 in February this year I soon found that I was not happy with the EOM tyres that were fitted. Pirelli P7 Cincuratos 225-40/18 92 XL run flats. Never having experienced run flats befor I put it down to that thinking that MINI would not fit poor performance tyres to an S model. Months and miles passed and I was really horrified at the lack of grip especially in damp conditions. The fronts washed out on tight bends, understeered in long bends and total lacking in grip when any higher S of torque was applied. After 11K miles I'd have enough. The only good thing about them was that they did not wear away so this indicated the the compound was not performance oriantated.
I decided that I would persevere with run flats and did for internet searching for what was available.
I finally decided on Bridgestone Driveguards, a new tyre on the market, with Y speed and good ratings. I've covered 1000 miles in them and I'm super impressed with their performance. Although not promoted as a performance tyre, they are IHMO. Wet weather traction is extremely good. They handle cold dry roads very well and are quite quiet running. Overall I'm seriously impressed with them and would recommend them for those wanting to stay on run flats.