PDA

View Full Version : Power loss R56 JCW

JCW Polea
12th December 2016, 03:03 PM
Hi peeps,
On Thursday morning while going to work I noticed my mini had lost an awful lot of ponnies overnight it seems! How ever ive had it on a diagnostics computer in work and there are no fault codes that show up. Had the boost pipe off of the turbo and had a wee feel at the turbo and it feels sold cant feel any play, also had the other boost pipes off to check for leaks but all the pipes vacuum and stall the engine so that kinda rules out a boost leak, the waste gate also opens and shuts as it should. At high speeds the car has no exhaust noise which is unusual as it has a decat. Anyone had similar problems or have any suggestions?
Cheers

MINI William
12th December 2016, 03:48 PM
N14 or N18?

JCW Polea
12th December 2016, 04:39 PM
Sorry N14 mate

badwolf340
12th December 2016, 08:17 PM
I would have said it was possable for the cat to have failed and blocked flow but as you have a Decat that's not possable ,you have checked for a boost leak so that's out maybe a fueling issue ?have you checked the air filter ,you don't mention any excessive smoke out the exhaust but something is up, have a look into rear box and see if any of the packing is blocking flow

JCW Polea
14th December 2016, 10:10 PM
So ive checked the exhaust, disconected it from the down pipe and still no difference so it cant be somthing in the exhaust blocking the flow, air filter seems good and all pipes going to the airbox seem clear. What gets me is the car idles normaly no smoke and still no warning lights !!!

Gasmark7
15th December 2016, 12:38 PM
Coils????

JCW Polea
1st January 2017, 03:20 PM
Sorry not been on for a few weeks... turned out to be the recirculation valve small hole in the diaphram so new one was £45 from BMW, happy days

MINI William
1st January 2017, 04:07 PM
Please don't it wasn't an expensive fix

badwolf340
1st January 2017, 06:26 PM
Sorry not been on for a few weeks... turned out to be the recirculation valve small hole in the diaphram so new one was £45 from BMW, happy days
Nice when it's a cheap fix

JCW Polea
2nd January 2017, 01:14 PM
Sure is £44 is better than 1200+ for a new turbo which was my first thought!