PDA

View Full Version : F56 JCW sidelights

M600-RKJ
8th December 2016, 10:22 AM
2 questions
Does it have any?
Where are they?
Came across a R56 on instagram with the sidelight and foglights deleted like in the challenge cars. Tempted to do something similar as my light are full of condensation and me an john clark arent on the best of terms at the moment. Cheers.

F56Kyle
8th December 2016, 11:01 AM
Yeah mark they have sidelights, not bright at all haha, but yeah have them mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
8th December 2016, 11:57 AM
Where are they inside the headlight. I thought thry might get off with not having sidelights because they have the drls

MINI William
8th December 2016, 12:48 PM
The DRL's are inside the headlight. The sidelights on One to Cooper S cars are down the bottom of the bumper similar to R56. However JCW cars don't have this and only have the DRL's inside the headlight as this space is used for additional cooling :yes nod:

M600-RKJ
8th December 2016, 12:54 PM
The DRL's are inside the headlight. The sidelights on One to Cooper S cars are down the bottom of the bumper similar to R56. However JCW cars don't have this and only have the DRL's inside the headlight as this space is used for additional cooling :yes nod:

Thats what i thought. I was a bit confused when kyle aiad it had sidelights. I knew the jcw had an oil cooler instead of fog lights was sure if they had relocated the sidelights or just removed them

MINI William
8th December 2016, 01:05 PM
Thats what i thought. I was a bit confused when kyle aiad it had sidelights. I knew the jcw had an oil cooler instead of fog lights was sure if they had relocated the sidelights or just removed them

Just removed them. I would assume though that if you where to remove the unit to go for the JCW look that you would get an error warning coming up

M600-RKJ
8th December 2016, 01:09 PM
The guy i found on instagram had his sidelights and fog lights coded out to stop the error message. Just not sure how the mot would be affected need to speak to my dad he manages a garage.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
8th December 2016, 03:49 PM
The F56 JCW does have sidelights, they just dim the DRLs ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
8th December 2016, 03:52 PM
My guess would be sidelights are a requirement. I suppose you could relocate them to inside the headlight unit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

F56Kyle
9th December 2016, 04:39 PM
I was getting mixed up with the DRLs sorry, iysbjust when you switch them from off to sidelights the drls get dimmer that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk