PDA

View Full Version : MITP 2017

M600-RKJ
5th December 2016, 11:21 PM
Saw a few of the other mini groups have started to get things organised for next year. Wondered if there was any plans for nms to go again. Wasnt the most enjoyable event i have ever been to felt slightly let down last year. Organisation was awful. Im quite tempted to go to the BTCC at knockhill instead.

Craig
6th December 2016, 10:31 AM
That's my thoughts too Mark... I'll be going to BTCC instead... also, remember I still have your jacket [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a11y
6th December 2016, 02:47 PM
I won't be going to BTCC (can't be bothered with the crowds) but will be at Knockhill to watch the SMRC days next year. Always good craic to see the MINIs pounding around too.

M600-RKJ
6th December 2016, 04:58 PM
Yeah. My dad went this and said its the busiest he had ever seen it. We went to qualifying last year and it was really good eeasonably quiet and you could actually speak to the teams a lot more relaxed than sunday. Im half tempted to go on the saturday and watch it at home on the sunday. What we did last year was watch race 1 and 2 on the track and managed to get home to catch race 3 on itv4+1

EcosseGP
6th December 2016, 10:15 PM
MITP changed organisers last year and I on behalf of NMS contacted the organisers of MITP and made "our" feelings known about the show. Pete did likewise for the GPOCUK and we have been assured that our concerns and suggestions will be looked at and re-addressed for the 2017 show. I for one have been going to the show for the past 7 years and 2016 (apart from the wash out) was the poorest to date. I totally understand that the show isn't for everyone but I will be attending the show all going to plan. It's all about the weekend for me and not just the show and I'll give the organisers a chance to sort out our issues and should they fail to do that then I will be seriously not attending in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stoney
8th December 2016, 02:37 PM
if my mini is on the road i will be going !!!!

brownz
13th July 2017, 11:07 AM
Anyone actually still doing this ?

CiderFex
13th July 2017, 07:22 PM
Anyone actually still doing this ?

It's too late to book a club stand now. The deadline was last Friday.
Haven't GPOC sorted out a stand ?

brownz
17th July 2017, 01:59 PM
Heh, who is GPOC ? I set up a forum after lots of pestering to do so, which only a handful of people now support and use.

I was asking if anyone was actually going... ?

CiderFex
17th July 2017, 02:19 PM
I meant GPOC as in the forum and FB group club, not an individual.
The only person definitely attending at the mo is Eddie Oliver.

brownz
17th July 2017, 06:29 PM
Ah fair play. I should have guessed NitroBoy would be going ;-)

stoney
18th July 2017, 06:48 AM
Well my mi i is still.off the road and christine gets back from hoilday the sat before so i wont be going this year :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
18th July 2017, 09:46 AM
Sorry Dave but MITP is a no go for me this year. I feel so bad not being able to go but I can't juggle things I'm afraid to get down and back. Due to unforeseen circumstances I didn't book NMS onto the club stands this year so I apologise to anyone that wanted to go and I've let down.

badwolf340
18th July 2017, 09:07 PM
Sorry Dave but MITP is a no go for me this year. I feel so bad not being able to go but I can't juggle things I'm afraid to get down and back. Due to unforeseen circumstances I didn't book NMS onto the club stands this year so I apologise to anyone that wanted to go and I've let down.

You most certainly have not let anyone down ,they are all big boys and girls they can bash on with it

MINI William
18th July 2017, 09:47 PM

Not let anyone down. If people wanted to go they would have made more of a fuss about it

brownz
18th July 2017, 11:32 PM
Exactamundo..... !! I wasn't planning on going as it's been getting a bit boring with nowt for New Minis stand wise, I was only wondering if anyone was going if I changed my mind !! xx

maxibaby01
2nd August 2017, 06:25 PM
Exactamundo..... !! I wasn't planning on going as it's been getting a bit boring with nowt for New Minis stand wise, I was only wondering if anyone was going if I changed my mind !! xx

Nope, not going this year either.
Not my favourite event or venue, the main reason for going was to meet up with everybody and enjoy their company.

I'm thinking of going to the Mini Festival at Oulton Park on 19/8/17 though.
A few of us went last year, including Craig and Pete, it was enjoyable despite the rain (and the fact that I don't think any of the races went the distance due to crashes!).
Whatever's happening in August, let's hope that the weather improves! [emoji4][emoji106]

brownz
4th August 2017, 06:23 PM
.... and just found out our wonderful friends are charging for runs up the strip this year. £20 for 4 runs. That'll be popular then. Eddie will have to break open the piggy bank. ;-)

CiderFex
5th August 2017, 04:26 AM
.... and just found out our wonderful friends are charging for runs up the strip this year. £20 for 4 runs. That'll be popular then. Eddie will have to break open the piggy bank. ;-)

That has taken it to a completely new level of blatant greed.
I wonder if they'll be charging for for the Club Mini Push, viewing the drag racing, looking at other stands etc etc as well...

maxibaby01
6th August 2017, 05:17 PM

Ouch!
If that's true, I'm guessing that there'll be a paucity of vehicles queuing up to accept the 'challenge' of paying to create the spectacle for MITP...
That is truly appalling if true, because that makes it even less appealing to visit.
Ho hum.

brownz
6th August 2017, 08:17 PM
http://www.minishow.co.uk/run-what-ya-brung-0

That's going to shock a lot of people that don't know !!

CiderFex
6th August 2017, 10:31 PM
It's more like "Spend-All-That-Ya-Brung"...

EcosseGP
7th August 2017, 10:25 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here ... Kelsey Publishing are really pulling out all the stops to ruin the biggest MINI/mini event of the year !
After all the complaints that they had last year they still haven't listened ... why ask for feedback and then not listen to it ?

CiderFex
7th August 2017, 10:31 PM
It's an ego/power thing Davy.
I knew someone like that once but the less said about him the better...

Eddie
9th August 2017, 11:01 AM
Hi. I foookin cany wait lol. couldn't care about anything as long as I am balls deep in the 12s. I be there on Saturday testing with Thomas and Sunday for show�� 1320mini as my pit crew. Amazing. Defo not be the same without all you guys 2bh. But I had to go no matter what.

CiderFex
9th August 2017, 03:10 PM
This has made me laugh somewhat...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170809/86f08475837c7303a95d95a3847a6290.png

maxibaby01
10th August 2017, 06:15 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I wonder who else has been complaining....or are they scared that there won't be much of a show to view, if there aren't any punters willing to queue for ages only to be bumped by the jet carts etc and having to pay for the privilege?
I've never been on the strip before, so did they always charge a nominal fee (profits to a local charity for example?), or is this blatant profiteering?

CiderFex
10th August 2017, 06:54 AM
They've always done it T.
The money must have gone to Santa Pod and the organisers.
No charities have ever been mentioned.

maxibaby01
10th August 2017, 08:37 AM
Ah, right. Thanks Pete.
Presumably it's the limiting it to 4 runs for £20 that's been the sticking point.
I recall peeps being less than pleased at the length of time it took last year to actually get to go up the strip...

DigitalLemming
10th August 2017, 08:50 AM
I doubt folk even managed to get 4 runs in last year, given the amount of demo sessions they had on the strip.

maxibaby01
10th August 2017, 10:44 PM
That's what I thunk, Andrew!
Shambles last year.

Blueboy
12th August 2017, 07:04 AM
Enjoyed the weekend last year as was with some old friends that came down with us, but there was only parts for original Mini like another show we were at

M600-RKJ
13th August 2017, 08:54 PM
Just seen a post on FB was there a fire. Didn't look like the jet car smoke