PDA

View Full Version : Changing sidelights

Ianstwt_r59
5th December 2016, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna upgrade my sidelights on my r56 to led, but iv heard some people have a problem getting the old bulb out, any one ever had this?

MINI William
5th December 2016, 04:39 PM
Never had a problem getting the bulb out Ian. With some of the LEDs you do get a sidelight fault coming up after a few months

M600-RKJ
5th December 2016, 04:48 PM
Ive had a struggle everytime getting the sidelights out. They are a night mare donr them on a few r56's and they are really bad for seizing in place. You need to twist them them about 90 degress i use plyers but be really careful not to crush the plug. Make sure its canbus bulbs you are puting in.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ianstwt_r59
5th December 2016, 05:04 PM
Yeah got error free bulbs, just heard the plug is a nightmare to get out

MINI William
5th December 2016, 05:10 PM
Yeah got error free bulbs, just heard the plug is a nightmare to get out

Take the cap off in the wheel arch and then twist the light and pull out. Its usually after a few months Ian as they start to corrode

a11y
6th December 2016, 02:17 PM
I gave up with mine - could only twist them about 45deg and was scared to twist further as knowing my luck I'd break something. That's on a 4-yr old 37k car, guess they're not well enough protected from the elements.

I tried it with the wheel off too for extra space but no success.

M600-RKJ
6th December 2016, 05:03 PM
I gave up with mine - could only twist them about 45deg and was scared to twist further as knowing my luck I'd break something. That's on a 4-yr old 37k car, guess they're not well enough protected from the elements.

I tried it with the wheel off too for extra space but no success.
Cant remember how i got mine out the first time i think i just went at with the attitude of being willing to replace the plug. Was a hell of a lot of force put into get it twist it did eventually turn and now ive cleaned up the are and put on some copper grease and they come out no problem now.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ianstwt_r59
6th December 2016, 11:48 PM
Got it out easy but the actual led bulb was to wide to fit through the hole songonna have to order different ones now