PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Loosing The Will To Live

Mini Me
5th October 2004, 06:37 PM
God do i need help,i am trying my hardest to put on pictures of the first MINI DREAMLINE car in Scotland,which we have just finished(B****y STUNNING).But before i commit to do 2 more i was looking for feedback from all you mini experts........but i can't get the pictures attatched .Isi it me ???????:p:p

GAJ
5th October 2004, 06:40 PM
Instructions! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=312):cool:

Mini Me
5th October 2004, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Instructions! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=312):cool:

cheers GAJ ,tried,failed f*£"!g computer....

Monsta Mo Mini
5th October 2004, 07:37 PM
Send them to me at info@newminiscotland.co.uk

Scottie
5th October 2004, 07:44 PM
I've been trying for weeks to figure this out I do not understand in what format you want me to enter the image tags. I'm a bit thick can I have a step by step guide please.

GAJ
5th October 2004, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I've been trying for weeks to figure this out I do not understand in what format you want me to enter the image tags. I'm a bit thick can I have a step by step guide please.

The image tags are simply the URL at which the picture is hosted. Might be easier if you just email them to me at gary@newminiscotland.co.uk and I will post them for you!

Scottie
5th October 2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks for that but I would really like to know how to do it.

What I'm doing at the moment is starting new topic enter title of meassage then when i'm in the part to type my message I click on the button (insert Image or something) then type my host address and then hit the image button again then but nothing happens.

GAJ
5th October 2004, 08:44 PM
Simply put the URL of the picture after [*img*] and before [*/img*]

But without the asterisks!

Burple
5th October 2004, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Thanks for that but I would really like to know how to do it.

What I'm doing at the moment is starting new topic enter title of meassage then when i'm in the part to type my message I click on the button (insert Image or something) then type my host address and then hit the image button again then but nothing happens.

** Hints and tips time!!**

When you're typing in your message, you should see the little grey 'Format mode' box up ther on the left. It should say 'basic'. change this to 'prompt', so when you want to add a picture, click on the little 'Insert Image' Icon (Yellow box with triangle), then simply copy and paste the location of your source image into the pop up box... and it does the hard work for you.

**BUT... and this is an important one... the source image MUST be stored / hosted somewhere else online (eg, your MINI2 gallery).. you can't link to a picture on your PC, cos no-one else will be able to see it!!**

Then click on 'preview' to make sure it works....

Robert should then be your father's brother as it were.... :D:D

Julz
5th October 2004, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Robert should then be your father's brother as it were.... :D:D

He is actually, how did you know??:evil:

john
5th October 2004, 11:02 PM
This all very well but I have waited all day to see these images:(

Big Col
5th October 2004, 11:09 PM
Me too!! :(

Monsta Mo Mini
5th October 2004, 11:13 PM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/flip_1.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/flip_2.jpg

MartinSullivan
5th October 2004, 11:14 PM
Very nice ;)

How much is the DREAMLINE paint as an option?

Big Col
5th October 2004, 11:17 PM
oooooh I like that! Does it come in more yellowey hues? :D

Mini Me
5th October 2004, 11:30 PM
THIS CAR IS 5 DIFFERENT COLOURS,YOU SHOULD SEE IT IN THE FLESH ,STUNNING AINT THE WORD !!!!!

Heather
5th October 2004, 11:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
oooooh I like that! Does it come in more yellowey hues? :D

Now that would be interesting! Perhaps with some orange tinge?:p:D

Burple
5th October 2004, 11:42 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooo...

Purty!!! :D:D:p:D

I like the 'python' one the best..

No Col!! Don't!! You.....must....resist..... :D

Big Gordy
6th October 2004, 12:04 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh I do like that :D Don't know if its worth 6 grand for the paint job tho' :p:D:approve:

Heather
6th October 2004, 12:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Ohhhhhhhhhh I do like that :D Don't know if its worth 6 grand for the paint job tho' :p:D:approve:

HOW MUCH?????????!!!!!!!!:dead:

Mini Me
6th October 2004, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

HOW MUCH?????????!!!!!!!!:dead:

this one cost around £6K because it includes the body kit ,and the full colour coded wheel arches(nae black)....starts at around £3500,this particular COOPER S(well kitted)is £27995....nae bad;););):p

Big Gordy
6th October 2004, 12:17 AM
I could be wrong :I but I'm sure thats how much Iain said it was :p:D:approve:

G2 - S
6th October 2004, 12:46 AM
list price is £3k. For £6k you'd get his & hers!

Big Gordy
6th October 2004, 12:55 AM
:eek::eek::eek: 26 GRAND FOR A MINI :eek::eek::eek: No way man thats nuts :p:D:approve:

Gismo
6th October 2004, 02:00 AM
:eek::eek::eek: 26 GRAND FOR A MINI :eek::eek::eek: No way man thats nuts :p:D:approve:

Nice cheap motor ;):p

lightbody
6th October 2004, 04:55 AM
£28K!? Wowzers!!! And I felt guilty spending £15K on mine!

Looks great tho... but for £28K...

macblob
6th October 2004, 05:00 AM
Looks nice but 28K is getting a lil silly

duncan
6th October 2004, 05:42 AM
Not really my cup of darjeeling, reminds me of an old Honda with a dodgy respray, but hey, each to their own.

Sheilz
6th October 2004, 06:54 AM
Its not mini-like at all is it? I kind of like it but have to agree with the comments about it being the kind of paint job you find on some corsas and such like. Think I'll stick with Wee Eck.
:D

monkimagic
6th October 2004, 07:55 AM
Geeze , Louise

sleepyrascal
6th October 2004, 08:29 AM
GOOD EFFORT!!

Big Col
6th October 2004, 03:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by iain
this particular COOPER S(well kitted)is £27995....nae bad;););):p

coughripoffcough ;)

Hey Iain what's the most anyone's every paid for a MINI from you? Has anyone ever ticked the entire options list?

Smurf
6th October 2004, 04:06 PM
I'm afraid for 28k I would go for something else.
Love my MINI to little bits, but that's just silly money.

Whatever I got would need to stay together better than my MINI. Back to the garage AGAIN tomorrow - I've lost count of how many warranty claims I've had - and I KNOW I'm not the only one!! :)

However, the paint job - drooooooolllllll.......

Heather
6th October 2004, 04:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Not really my cup of darjeeling, reminds me of an old Honda with a dodgy respray, but hey, each to their own.

Funny, thats what i thought when i saw it!:p:D I agree with smurf for that kind of wad Id want something that was built slightly better!;)

GAJ
6th October 2004, 05:10 PM

THIS CAR IS 5 DIFFERENT COLOURS,YOU SHOULD SEE IT IN THE FLESH ,STUNNING AINT THE WORD !!!!!

You're right there, it isn't the word I would use! However 5 colours! That is a cunning stunt!;):I

Mini Me
6th October 2004, 05:14 PM
sorry Col, £28k ain;t the most expensive cooper s i've ever sold(it was £32k)infact,it,costs the same to do dreamline as it does to body kit and s works kit(which some poeple can't insure)so it;s more individual and value for money......Buy the way Clare's got A £22K COOPER GOIN OUT TODAY !!!!

Steve74
6th October 2004, 06:02 PM

sorry Col, £28k ain;t the most expensive cooper s i've ever sold(it was £32k)infact,it,costs the same to do dreamline as it does to body kit and s works kit(which some poeple can't insure)so it;s more individual and value for money......Buy the way Clare's got A £22K COOPER GOIN OUT TODAY !!!!

Spent over £20k on my mini from Eastern and think it was well worth it. Great residuals means its a wiser investment. I wouldnt spend much more though and a Works kit seems to add a bit too much to the price. Pity their service dept was crap when I had a problem (in my opinion).

Big Col
6th October 2004, 06:21 PM

infact,it,costs the same to do dreamline as it does to body kit and s works kit(which some poeple can't insure)so it;s more individual and value for money......Buy the way Clare's got A £22K COOPER GOIN OUT TODAY !!!!

<breaks into rapturous applause> Now THAT is what I call sales spin!!! ;):D

Mini Me
6th October 2004, 06:42 PM
Does that mean your gonna buy it Col ??????

Heather
6th October 2004, 06:47 PM
With all these shameless plugs shouldn't you be talking to Monsta Mo about sponsorship????;)

Big Col
6th October 2004, 06:47 PM

Does that mean your gonna buy it Col ??????

<collapses on the floor laughing> Now THAT is what I call comedy!!!:D

macblob
6th October 2004, 07:07 PM
Agrees wiff Tribal :D

Mini Me
6th October 2004, 10:04 PM

With all these shameless plugs shouldn't you be talking to Monsta Mo about sponsorship????;)

I have planted the seed, and the wheels are in motion for sponsorship.They might not move, but i will try my best......:D:dead:

Big Gordy
6th October 2004, 10:09 PM
Just take it off Clare's HUUUUUUUGE commission from her 22 grand cooper :p:D:approve:

zimbo
8th October 2004, 10:52 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm nice car, just wot Id like but not for that much money....:eek: Bet it wont be long before we see it BSs driveway tho!!!;)

Would really like something like that:p:p:p

weefossy
12th October 2004, 06:45 AM
There's quite a few peps with plus £20k minis in NMS.
I have to admit, without sounding like "Paul Getty", that I get more enjoyment from our mini than i do from my £30k+ work car. It's loads more fun and it gets lots' more reaction from people.

Mini Me
17th October 2004, 03:28 AM
Just to let you know that the shameless plugs for menzies mini ,will now be official plugs for MENZIES MINI ,as we are in the process of becoming a corporate sponsor.......
you will have a link straight into our web site,keeping you up to date with what we have on offer,accessories(will try to arrange a discount for nms members),new cars(what's that),used stock ,and possible change of cars for those of you who would like to trade up(col)..........

Big Col
17th October 2004, 07:54 AM
Eeeexcellent! Does that mean you'll be slapping NMS stickers on all new MINIs that pass through Menzies as well as putting the dealership badge on?

Mini Me
17th October 2004, 05:29 PM
Eeeexcellent! Does that mean you'll be slapping NMS stickers on all new MINIs that pass through Menzies as well as putting the dealership badge on?

eh,no....dealer standards anall that crap......can put them in the glove box though :D:evil:

Heather
17th October 2004, 08:27 PM

eh,no....dealer standards anall that crap......can put them in the glove box though :D:evil:

I would say that most dealers standards are pretty anal:p

Mini Me
17th October 2004, 08:40 PM

I would say that most dealers standards are pretty anal:p
:evil:

:disapprove:easy tiger, we aint allowed to display anything 'non brand' an the cars, but you are correct about some dealer standards produced from Germany,you can comfort yourself in the fact that here at menzies ,the sales team are in a class of our own :p:p:p