PDA

View Full Version : Screws are bad....

Julz
5th October 2004, 04:23 PM
Especially when they are lodged in one of your back tyres!:(

Heading off to my grannies on saturday, my tyre pressure warning light came on 3 miles from home, so out I get to check them all! First one to check is the rear passenger side as I've obviously whalloped something big on that side before as there is a nasty muckle dent on the alloy:(, and low and behold, it looks slightly flatter than normal! So off I trundle back home to steal Herbie!

Sunday night, Rob takes off alloy for taking to local friendly tyre man for lookie and we find lovely screw wedged in tyre! It's obviously been there a couple of weeks as the inside edge of the tyre is showing thread, steel, teeth, bones etc... I'm lucky this thing didn't explode and some rediculous speed:eek: So, it's official, I hate screws!! So not only do I need two new front tyres before Blackpool, I need two rear tyres too:disapprove: (perfect opportunity to try out Yoko's new tyre!:p:D)

The Dogfather
5th October 2004, 04:33 PM
I better find some good roads so you can test them on the Blackpool Run!!!!

Julz
5th October 2004, 05:49 PM
Well, that's 4 new Yokohama Parada's ordered for a mere £448 (www.mytyres.co.uk)!! I can almost say she'll soon be strutting her stuff in Prada shoes!!;):D

Big Col
5th October 2004, 06:12 PM
<insert into thread title>

...M'Kay!

Julz
5th October 2004, 08:29 PM
:DThat's exactly what I was thinking of when I put that title!!:p

Julz
7th October 2004, 12:05 AM
Just got an email from mytyres saying that I can expect my lovely new shoes next wednesday! Oh bum, that means another week of driving Herbie, what a shame!!;):D:evil: