PDA

View Full Version : The Grand Tour - Season 1

DigitalLemming
18th November 2016, 10:04 PM
So then what did everybody think to the first episode?

I really enjoyed it, felt more like old TopGear to me without most of the messing around, although I expect we'll see that again at some point. Only part I felt they could've done without was the whole celebrity dying stuff.

Nice wee cameo from the M2, would've liked to have seen a bit more of that, but can't complain at any of the 918, La Ferrari, P1 film :thumbs up:

Here's hoping the rest of the season is just as enjoyable.

M600-RKJ
18th November 2016, 10:07 PM
Only critisisms were the killing celebs and the new amaerican driver didnt find him funny at all. Otherwise loved every minute.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Craig
18th November 2016, 10:30 PM
Didn't like it at all - was just like watching Top Gear before Clarkson decided to assault an employee of the BBC. Not sure I'll pay for Amazon after my 30 day trial. For me it was the same old same old... [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
19th November 2016, 07:01 AM
It was a bit laboured and drawn out in places but you have to consider that Amazon will have had some input as to what they would like to have in the show as well.
I did like the beginning and it was filmed in such a way as to give you the feeling that they were really happy to be back together.
The "dead celebrities" could've easily been edited out because it added absolutely nothing to the show.
I'm not too sure how an €850K Porsche can be classed as a "million pound car" though and it's the little details like that that really annoy me.
The "house bet" was a nice set up for some over engineered and stupid comedy scene or two in the future and they were the bits that I've always disliked about TG.
You just knew where the "I really love this car" comments were headed and although the "poo" comments were the same they did make me laugh.
Finally, with the money involved in making Grand Tour the "Ebola" track could have been so much better than it is and is a big let down in my opinion.

MINI William
20th November 2016, 10:47 PM
I really enjoyed it, apart from the killing celebs and the fight scene with the audience. But I think the killing the celebs is a dig at Star in a reasonably priced car. But bar that I thought it was good.

stephenbstewart0
21st November 2016, 02:20 AM
I liked it good banter think it will get better the more it's on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CiderFex
21st November 2016, 06:33 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.unilad.co.uk/tv/jeremy-clarkson-blows-up-his-own-house-psses-off-neighbours/amp/

mikeswagon
21st November 2016, 09:56 AM
I watched about half of it last night on the ipad, and thought the quality of the filming with the 918/P1/La Ferrari was great, although you wonder if they've peaked too soon with that trio.

They could maybe justify calling the 918 a £million car since you'll be well over that for one now. The P1 wasn't that much when new either IIRC, until you threw a few options at it.

If anyone's free in a few weeks time, they're filming up around loch Ness the 1st weekend in December.

CiderFex
26th November 2016, 10:50 AM
Ep 2: not impressed.
[emoji30]

Craig
26th November 2016, 01:06 PM
Yup Ep2 was worse than 1 which in my opinion was hard to beat for being mince... don't think I'll go past my 30 day trial of Amazon Prime...

DigitalLemming
26th November 2016, 05:40 PM
Just watched the second episode and it can be summed up by: meh

Nothing much to get excited about and for me it wasn't as good as last week, it was more of an entertainment show this week than a car show. Hopefully back to cars next week.

CraigR53
26th November 2016, 10:04 PM
Thought Ep.1 was great, i agree with Andrew about Ep.2, a bit meh but still would rather watch that than what has become of top gear!

Fraser-OFG
26th November 2016, 11:37 PM
Same, first one was better. Normally i prefer when they do those kind of challenges that they did, but that one was a bit tedious and felt like it went on too long. Also, I'm not sure what they're doing with the "star in the reasonably priced car" bit. Most of the time that was people's least favourite part, so I think they might just keep it cut out altogether

CiderFex
27th November 2016, 01:05 AM
They can't use "the star in a reasonably priced car" due to the name and idea being owned by the BBC.

Fraser-OFG
27th November 2016, 10:19 AM
I know they can't call it that. But I mean the grand tour version with the celebrities coming on the show. Not sure if they will have it or not or if they are just "mocking" (probably not the right word) the top gear one since it was a lot of people's least favourite part of the show

CiderFex
5th December 2016, 11:28 AM
Ep 3: The best one up to now and more like the format and content that it should be in my opinion.

DigitalLemming
5th December 2016, 11:53 AM
Agreed Pete, really enjoyable episode and had a feel of the old Top Gear about it at times. This is more of what I was expecting so hopefully the next episodes follow this one's lead.

Still don't think they need the whole celebrity accident/death thing though.

MINI William
5th December 2016, 12:35 PM
Totally agree Pete. Really enjoyable episode. Very much had the feel of the good times past

nobbyclark
5th December 2016, 01:31 PM
Did anyone go to the filming in Inverness this weekend just gone? I applied but didn't get tickets.