PDA

View Full Version : R56 Electrical Gremlins

Julz
14th November 2016, 04:28 PM
Now then, this is a weird one! I'm used to such oddities with the RenaultSport but didn't expect it with the Mini! This morning on start up and again this afternoon I get the yellow car on stilts warning light, my clock, odometer etc have a zeroed and the blowers and air con only work when on full pelt! Any suggestions as to what on earth is causing this?? In some of the paperwork I got with the car the clock resetting issue is listed but with no apparent fix! Help!!

badwolf340
15th November 2016, 08:19 PM
A very strange one that I have never come across ,I take it all was well before ?

Julz
17th November 2016, 11:55 AM
Sadly not, still having issues with the blowers but I have hopefully found the answer on TotalMini, looks like a faulty resistor pack for the blowers which makes sense, so currently trying to find one. I've since had a selection of other issues that have come and gone with regards to warning lights but they seem to have cleared now but the blower/AC issue is a total pain in the hoop, especially at this time of year!!

Julz
17th November 2016, 01:47 PM
Thanks for that! It makes sense for it to be the resistor, will get the other half to check when he gets home as he has a meter to test it, my main problem is trying to source a replacement