PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

F56Kyle
13th November 2016, 08:05 PM
Quick question for everyone.

I've done 3700 miles in the JCW, and at no surprise to me.. I need front tyres [emoji23]!

So my question is, to everyone who has an F56 S or JCW what's the best tyres and why? Looking for a good tyre at a reasonable price range!

Thanks folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will69176
13th November 2016, 08:13 PM
these aren't on an F56, but im finding nankang ns2r to be the best tyres i have owned yet.

F56Kyle
13th November 2016, 08:15 PM
these aren't on an F56, but im finding nankang ns2r to be the best tyres i have owned yet.

Hearing mixed reviews about nankang tyres at the moment. Not really considered them yet, pilot sports seem to be very popular!

Blueboy
14th November 2016, 04:34 AM
Kyle, give Bruce a phone as he knows Craig the boy who owns Skidz very while-dealt with him since the day he started the business- and can get you a good price on whatever brand you want. Bruce runs the Nankang NS 20's on his own car and it holds the road very well, and he doesn't hang about as you know. I get all my tyres through Craig and great service inc fitting
cheers

Dobboy
14th November 2016, 03:06 PM
Check Camskill for prices as they usually drop the prices near Xmas.

Get Yoko AD08R's in and you'll never look back, amazing tyres.

Coop1
14th November 2016, 06:03 PM
Stuck with Pirelli P Zeros on my JCW with 17 inch wheels. Got Mini/BMW star approved ones to replace originals at about 8k miles and now coming up for that set needing replaced too. Great tyres when warmed up and non-run flats. Maybe not so great when slippery... or more fun, depending on point of view. Rears will need a 1st change soon too. Not really considered others but could go for all four changeover I guess. The P Zeros were about £140 each from franchised dealer.

F56Kyle
14th November 2016, 06:41 PM
Kyle, give Bruce a phone as he knows Craig the boy who owns Skidz very while-dealt with him since the day he started the business- and can get you a good price on whatever brand you want. Bruce runs the Nankang NS 20's on his own car and it holds the road very well, and he doesn't hang about as you know. I get all my tyres through Craig and great service inc fitting
cheers

Tried contacting Bruce but not sure if he's still got the same number??

F56Kyle
14th November 2016, 06:45 PM
Stuck with Pirelli P Zeros on my JCW with 17 inch wheels. Got Mini/BMW star approved ones to replace originals at about 8k miles and now coming up for that set needing replaced too. Great tyres when warmed up and non-run flats. Maybe not so great when slippery... or more fun, depending on point of view. Rears will need a 1st change soon too. Not really considered others but could go for all four changeover I guess. The P Zeros were about £140 each from franchised dealer.

That's what I've got on mine the now from factory mate, fantastic When they are warm and I'm dry but awful in the wet! Think that's why they've worn down so quickly lol! 3650 miles and down to 2.8mm!! Think is shy away from Pirelli purely cause it's gonna be wet for quite some time from now on lol!

a11y
15th November 2016, 02:33 PM
Rainsport 2's were the best tyres I've had on a FWD hatch in the past (Clio 172). I was very tempted to try the Rainsport 3's on my BMW but sold up before I got the chance. If I decide to move away fro RFTs I'd be looking at the Uniroyals for sure.

Blueboy
16th November 2016, 09:39 AM
Tried contacting Bruce but not sure if he's still got the same number??

I'll send you his number, if no answer leave a message or send him a text