PDA

View Full Version : R56 Cooper S Brake Upgrade/Replacement

Julz
7th November 2016, 02:07 PM
And so it begins, barely had the car a week and already the repairs start. To be fair, I knew she was a bit of a lemon when I bought her but after a wee underbelly inspection at JC's it appears that she's more lemony than we originally assumed.

So.... I'm starting with the important stuff first, the brakes. Front discs are effectively paper thin and need replacing ASAP as do the pads and probably the rear discs too. Been looking at M-Tec discs and EBC yellow pads, any thoughts on this combo or any alternative suggestions?:yoda:

Next stop, Diamond wheels to get the buckles removed from the alloys to hopefully stop the air leaks and get all 4 alloys the same shade of black and then after that I need to get her back to JC's so they can try and figure out why my oil prefers to be on the outside of the engine instead of inside of it!! :frown:

Craig
7th November 2016, 02:12 PM
I've got mtec discs and ebc yellow pads on mine - work great.. I'd suggest getting some braided brakes lines (HEL or Goodride) while your at it. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
7th November 2016, 03:40 PM
I had MTec disks fitted to mine along with Goodridge braided lines and Mintex M1144 pads, never gave me a problem and was a nice improvement to stopping power :thumbs up:

MINI William
7th November 2016, 04:54 PM
M-tec get a really good name from those that have used them on their cars. As above if you doing your brakes I would also look at doing braided lines at the same time.

Julz
7th November 2016, 05:00 PM
Cheers for that, will look in to the hoses as well! [emoji1303]

badwolf340
7th November 2016, 08:18 PM
Cheers for that, will look in to the hoses as well! [emoji1303]
As Craig says if your changing the brakes ,braided lines would be a good thing to do at the same time

Julz
14th November 2016, 01:42 PM
Ok, just to add to this, anyone any idea what brake sensors I should select? Getting from and rear but there's nothing in the description to say what is different between each and after much googling I'm still none the wiser! Would phone but I'm at work, I can pretend to be busy while typing but not when making personal calls! :p

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/mini/mini-ii-r56-2006/mini-ii-1-6-r56-cooper-s-08-06.html